PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-10-2010, 01:23 AM #1
Steelmilkjug

Steelmilkjug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Do you really know?

I met a girl the other day who was arguing with me about the identity of Jesus of Nazareth. Her point was that Jesus was a good man but not Deity incarnate. I asked her "Have you ever prayed to God?" She said "I pray to what I call God". I then asked her "Have you ever tried talking to Jesus?" She said "No".

How can anyone say Jesus is dead or not the Son of God if they have never tried talking to Him? Wouldn't someone who talks to Jesus know of his existence/identity more than someone who doesn't?

PS. God promises "Taste and see that the Lord is good". My interpretation is "Try me, and see that I'm real". I don't think most people want to find out that Jesus is alive because that reminds them that they will be accountable to Him.
Steelmilkjug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 01:25 AM #2
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just because someone responds doesn't mean it's the person you think it is.

Even if Jesus Christ were to appear before me, I would not be able to fully know that it had been him who had visited me or even if I had been visited at all. It may have been someone posing as Jesus, it may have been some other deity assuming Jesus's form, or it may have been an illusion or hallucination. In the end, it requires faith to believe - not knowledge.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 AM #3
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmilkjug View Post
Wouldn't someone who talks to Jesus know of his existence/identity more than someone who doesn't?
I used to say the same thing to my parents about my imaginary friend Gunter the German pizza delivery guy....until after the shock treatments.

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:00 PM #4
T-Vizz the 2nd
Liberty Or Death

You sir deserve to be sigged, and I may, or may not.

"A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
T-Vizz the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote