Old 12-31-2008, 09:59 AM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
WV - Scary Creek Paintball Games Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about Scary Creek Paintball Games. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the Scary Creek Paintball Games listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:52 AM #2
PBGrumpy

Any positive comments about this place yet?
PBGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:49 PM #3
phisighouck

phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Only by people who have never been anywhere else.
phisighouck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:02 AM #4
PBGrumpy

I went there once (ONCE). They won't see me again.
PBGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:13 PM #5
paintballguyG3
true story paintball

sary creek paintball

Hey guys why are we trashing this field I have been playing there ever since I started playing paintball, and I have also been to plenty of other fields and I still think that playing at scary creek is alot of fun. Me and the rest of my team play there also. Least they have a field here so the people that can not afford to travel to other fields can go and get into the great sport of paintball. SO THATS HOW I FEEL SO IF U DONT LIKE THE FIELD DONT TRY TO RUIN SOMEBODY ELSES DAY BY TALKING TRASH ABOUT THE FIELD AND SAYING THAT IT SUCKS. THE GUY THAT WAS ASKING IF THEIR WAS ANY GOOD COMMENTS ABOUT THIS FIELD THERE IS. IT A GREAT FIELD AND THE PEOPLE THAT RUN IT ARE VERY NICE AND U SHOULD GO AND GIVE IT A SHOT IT IS A GREAT DAY OF FUN.

"Adrenaline. Itís what drives us to return to the field, week after week. The bruises we wear are badges of honor, and proof of our dedication to our chosen art. One need only examine the smoking remains of our bank balances to see the extent of this addiction. We are paintball."
paintballguyG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 AM #6
brian terry
aggression

very true they are some nice people that run it,i myself have talked to jack and his wife and have played there from the time they open up back in the 90s .its pretty fun to go and just play rec ball and get away from the tourney seen..
brian terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:35 AM #7
phisighouck

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguyG3 View Post
Hey guys why are we trashing this field I have been playing there ever since I started playing paintball, and I have also been to plenty of other fields and I still think that playing at scary creek is alot of fun. Me and the rest of my team play there also. Least they have a field here so the people that can not afford to travel to other fields can go and get into the great sport of paintball. SO THATS HOW I FEEL SO IF U DONT LIKE THE FIELD DONT TRY TO RUIN SOMEBODY ELSES DAY BY TALKING TRASH ABOUT THE FIELD AND SAYING THAT IT SUCKS. THE GUY THAT WAS ASKING IF THEIR WAS ANY GOOD COMMENTS ABOUT THIS FIELD THERE IS. IT A GREAT FIELD AND THE PEOPLE THAT RUN IT ARE VERY NICE AND U SHOULD GO AND GIVE IT A SHOT IT IS A GREAT DAY OF FUN.
IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 AM #8
JonnySniper304

JonnySniper304 supports Team VICIOUS
JonnySniper304 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!
don't be so mean , lol,

RIP Mike Houck
10/15/1977-9/25/2011
JonnySniper304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:22 AM #9
phisighouck

Okay, I'll try to say something positive. It is better than nothing at all.....but not by much.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:33 PM #10
JonnySniper304

hahahahhahah, im goin with the first response.

RIP Mike Houck
10/15/1977-9/25/2011
Old 11-06-2009, 12:07 AM #11
paintballguyG3
true story paintball

Scary Creek Paintball

Hey whats up brian thanks to u and your team for backing me on this one at least some one feels the same as I do other then my team. Hey we are all going to be at the creek on sat. If u wanna come join in on all the fun. hope to c u there bro.

"Adrenaline. Itís what drives us to return to the field, week after week. The bruises we wear are badges of honor, and proof of our dedication to our chosen art. One need only examine the smoking remains of our bank balances to see the extent of this addiction. We are paintball."
paintballguyG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:38 PM #12
nightgaunt98c

I have played there twice, and played a few other places for comparison. They have a very nice field, and pretty good staff. A more knowledgeable gun tech would be great. Paint prices are a bit steep. I have heard reliable reports of people being made to use rental guns because they brought in something high end. They also (unless something has changed since last time I was there) say that any hit(not break) counts, but without a very diligent reffing crew that results in alot of people not going out when you hit them. And my biggest problem is that the first time I played there were about ten to a side, and one ref, sitting at one end of the field, where he could see very little. He never set foot onto the field. They currently have a great deal going on( I think it is still in effect anyway) where the first time you play, you pay a field fee, then if you come backwithin two weeks, you pay no fee. So if you have your own gear, you play for the price of paint. Hard to beat that, even with their high paint prices.
nightgaunt98c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:25 AM #13
Russianlegion19
Stay golden, Ponyboy

Russianlegion19 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Russianlegion19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Russianlegion19 plays in the APPA D4 division
Russianlegion19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I play here alott it's GREAT for a good rec ball game but if you are all into speedball I would go somewhere else
Russianlegion19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:01 AM #14
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Where's this field!

I live near Martinsburg and travel all over the east coast to play in scenerio games. Our team has three tanks. We have many affiliated teams in our group and work well with others. If this field allows tanks and is within reasonable driving distance say like 4 hours or less. We would be interested in coming to this field maybe 1-2 times a year. Our team is meeting in a few weeks to discuss this years schedule. So if anyone can provide me some info on this field it would be greatly appreciated. Our home field is North Mountain Paintball, Gerradstown, WV. The field is around 10 acres and a real nice place to play and is very tank friendly. Paint, rental, and reg fees are very reasonable. This field has forts, bunkers, village, and speedball courts.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Armor
cromagtanker@yahoo.com
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM #15
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

As a personal friend with a family history between Jack and his wife (owners) and my moms family, they are great people. They play a great host to scenario and new players but don't do much for speedball and xball. Their prices are unbelievably expensive, but nonetheless that's their living, their income. It's a family oriented place and they make you feel like family. Their facilities are not the best quality but they never renovate or anything. They're not bad people at all but they don't accomodate to the dedicated player.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 PM #16
bigwooddawg

Thumbs up

Great place to go pick on children lol went this passed weekend n there was a good turnout n had some really good games. There was a lot of military up there playing too
bigwooddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 PM #17
bigwooddawg

Btw any charleston players that like woodball pm me
Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM #18
Negligence

If you are serious about paintball, like high tempo speedball, kick *** games with competition. THIS FIELD IS NOT FOR YOUR. If your some random scrub who rocks the Tippman 98 or a Guile Suite, then show up here, you will fit in with the rest of the noobs. The fields are never cleaned up, don't wear cleats because the insides of their houses haven't been cleaned since the place opened and they are slick inside with 10yrs of old paint on the floor. Their Speedball/Airball field is a joke. Half deflated air bunkers that consists of about 6 short cans and a ton of tombstones plus about 50 blue plastic 55 gal barrels. There are no refs during the games so cheating is non stop. The owner tries to enforce his rules while sitting at the top of the hill in his shack, one of them is that if the ball hits you even if it doesn't break your still out. This rule only starts fights. (If you don't know the owner or have never been out there he is the guy with frog lips that is like 106 yrs old and looks like he should have died from old age twice by now). The field is a joke and it gets tons of business cause there is no place near them with a field. If someone could open a good indoor field and do it right with a good pro shop and all they would shut down Scary Creek and be sitting on a Gold Mine.

Yes I have played other places including Tanks Katy Paintball-Houston Texas, Hawaii All-Star Paintball-Honolulu Hawaii, Spent Paintball-West Palm Beach Florida, Casel-Land-Clovis New Mexico, On Base Paintball-Misawa Japan.

Scary Creek is by far the worst place I ever played at. Even the fields on Base in Japan were better and they had no real funding. The fields were all put together by volunteer players. Someone really needs to make a field that is by Paintball Players for Paintball Players.

Last edited by Negligence : 04-05-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Typos
Negligence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:35 AM #19
bigwooddawg

Goin up brite n early
STINGRAY II
BOX OF TALONS
3 MAN SLINGSHOT LOL
Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 AM #20
JonnySniper304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negligence View Post
If you are serious about paintball, like high tempo speedball, kick *** games with competition. THIS FIELD IS NOT FOR YOUR. If your some random scrub who rocks the Tippman 98 or a Guile Suite, then show up here, you will fit in with the rest of the noobs. The fields are never cleaned up, don't wear cleats because the insides of their houses haven't been cleaned since the place opened and they are slick inside with 10yrs of old paint on the floor. Their Speedball/Airball field is a joke. Half deflated air bunkers that consists of about 6 short cans and a ton of tombstones plus about 50 blue plastic 55 gal barrels. There are no refs during the games so cheating is non stop. The owner tries to enforce his rules while sitting at the top of the hill in his shack, one of them is that if the ball hits you even if it doesn't break your still out. This rule only starts fights. (If you don't know the owner or have never been out there he is the guy with frog lips that is like 106 yrs old and looks like he should have died from old age twice by now). The field is a joke and it gets tons of business cause there is no place near them with a field. If someone could open a good indoor field and do it right with a good pro shop and all they would shut down Scary Creek and be sitting on a Gold Mine.

Yes I have played other places including Tanks Katy Paintball-Houston Texas, Hawaii All-Star Paintball-Honolulu Hawaii, Spent Paintball-West Palm Beach Florida, Casel-Land-Clovis New Mexico, On Base Paintball-Misawa Japan.

Scary Creek is by far the worst place I ever played at. Even the fields on Base in Japan were better and they had no real funding. The fields were all put together by volunteer players. Someone really needs to make a field that is by Paintball Players for Paintball Players.
just because you don't like the field and it "isnt" for speedball players or players with any skill doesn't mean you have to bash the place or the owner..i grew up playing there and personally know the owners and they are very respectable and will usually go out of their way to help you. yea its not the greatest place in the world but come one its been open for over 10 years. name a field in west Virginia that can beat that? so think about how you would feel if you were the owner of scary creek paintball and saw your post; how would you feel? so take your comments and shove it up your a$$

RIP Mike Houck
10/15/1977-9/25/2011
Old 04-13-2010, 05:51 PM #21
bigwooddawg

Good times at the creek. They jus need sum upgrades/upkeep
STINGRAY II
BOX OF TALONS
3 MAN SLINGSHOT LOL
ReplyRegional Ups