PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-09-2010, 08:15 AM #295
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
I do not understand logic or reasoning. I am a soccer fan and my knowledge of other sports is borderline UNK.
kk.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 AM #296
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Wow, the Californian just got tooled on by the Canuck.

Bravo Mr C., Bravo.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:32 AM #297
RamapoLax
Batmanchu!

Mr C. representing Canadialand!

"Happiness never decreases from being shared."
RamapoLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM #298
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down...
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM #299
RamapoLax
Batmanchu!

And girls panties get soaked.

"Happiness never decreases from being shared."
RamapoLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:53 AM #300
TSWRA

You get a honorary Grossman picture Canadian.

ST:S:NCAA - Southern discussion thread.
572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 PM #301
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Maybe "forced" was the wrong word

but why the **** else do all the former colonies play the same exact sports as the Europeans?
Soccer was played by the ancient Chinese and ancient Romans. It spread from there. The English actually outlawed the game saying it was "unrefined" and people would get arrested for playing. I find it interesting you believe that imperialism spread the game when the same imperialists outlawed it.

But to answer your question, sports are sports. At the fundamental core of it you can only do so much with a ball. Almost all team sports are keep away with the intention of scoring. Soccer is just the one that deviates the least from that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
We aren't the majority, but we are on this forum and in this continent. The support given to sports is reflected in the money generated. If the demand existed for soccer it would be seen far more in the North American sports media. I don't think we are the majority, I know we are. The Superbowl was the top rated program in U.S television history. The majority spoke. We'll just ignore all the other examples that show how soccer isn't as big as golf, football, baseball, basketball, and hockey in North America.

And you were asking someone else a question, not me...douche.
Small picture sure. Big picture is that we are on the internet which is a worldwide tool. As a canadian you are one to talk. I find it pretty funny that instead of supporting the CFL or whatever it is called you are a Dallas Cowboys fan. Confused much?

Speaking of Canadian, your national sport is curling. The **** outta here.

When you ask people why they watch the Superbowl and get as many or more "I watched for the commercials" responses than "I watched for the game," you know something is ****ed. But the beauty of life is that it is okay for you to keep living in ignorance and seeing only what you want to.

If you want to start flexing media ratings, I will also use a special event and be sure to point out the numbers when the World Cup hits.

I asked you a simple question, what sport is the most popular in developed countries?

Also, since you live in Toronto, go watch Toronto FC play a home game and tell me who has more fans in attendance, them or the Argonauts.

Some of you guys are lulz'y. I got owned by a Canuck that has not answered any of my simple questions and picks and chooses what his points are based on what he believes is the truth instead of what is the truth? I wish you all luck in life.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:11 PM #302
TSWRA

Quote:
Soccer was played by the ancient Chinese and ancient Romans. It spread from there. The English actually outlawed the game saying it was "unrefined" and people would get arrested for playing. I find it interesting you believe that imperialism spread the game when the same imperialists outlawed it.

But to answer your question, sports are sports. At the fundamental core of it you can only do so much with a ball. Almost all team sports are keep away with the intention of scoring. Soccer is just the one that deviates the least from that idea.

Small picture sure. Big picture is that we are on the internet which is a worldwide tool. As a canadian you are one to talk. I find it pretty funny that instead of supporting the CFL or whatever it is called you are a Dallas Cowboys fan. Confused much?

When you ask people why they watch the Superbowl and get as many or more "I watched for the commercials" responses than "I watched for the game," you know something is ****ed. But the beauty of life is that it is okay for you to keep living in ignorance and seeing only what you want to.

If you want to start flexing media ratings, I will also use a special event and be sure to point out the numbers when the World Cup hits.

I asked you a simple question, what sport is the most popular in developed countries?

Also, since you live in Toronto, go watch Toronto FC play a home game and tell me who has more fans in attendance, them or the Argonauts.

Some of you guys are lulz'y. I got owned by a Canuck that has not answered any of my simple questions and picks and chooses what his points are based on what he believes is the truth instead of what is the truth? I wish you all luck in life.
I find it funny youre a butt****ing californian supporting a team in England. Confused much?

Comparing minor league football and some fannybandit club isnt really that interesting. Football is the sport played in North America. Fannybandit is the sport played by the rest of the world. Dont really matter about anything else. Poor people play soccer, theres a reason why. Its what they know and they dont know anything else.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:18 PM #303
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Who says I do not support local teams?

Wait wait wait on the second part. According to you guys football is the most popular sport, moreso than soccer. So comparing a measly MLS team to a grandiose football team in the CFL would be no contest for the MLS team wouldn't it?

Also, only poor people play soccer? Really? Hahahahhahahaha oh man. Go call up a local competitive soccer club and see how much their fees are for the season, then go call up a local competitive football club and compare the two numbers.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 PM #304
TSWRA

Quote:

Wait wait wait on the second part. According to you guys football is the most popular sport, moreso than soccer. So comparing a measly MLS team to a grandiose football team in the CFL would be no contest for the MLS team wouldn't it?

Also, only poor people play soccer? Really? Hahahahhahahaha oh man. Go call up a local competitive soccer club and see how much their fees are for the season, then go call up a local competitive football club and compare the two numbers.
Who says he doesnt?

Quit trying to play spin doctor. The MLS is irrelevant. So is the CFL. Why would Americans care about canadian minor league football?

You yourself mentioned the hell pit that is Tijuana. People who dont have access to equipment naturally play soccer since they dont have anything else. Competitive football club? What are you, retarded? High Schools are the best football out there, and then colleges after that and so on. No one plays for a club, this isnt a fannybandit thing.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM #305
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:

You didn't refute a word I said, in fact you strengthened my argument by bringing up the Romans.

Also, I don't have anything against soccer. But you can't deny that the reason its so popular worldwide (along with its simplicity and accessibility) is European colonialism.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:27 PM #306
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hey I really laughed at the part about "local football club". **** was priceless. Sorry, you have to be a real athlete to play in competitive football. Can't just be some internet queen like you can for soccer.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:07 PM #307
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
hey I really laughed at the part about "local football club". **** was priceless. Sorry, you have to be a real athlete to play in competitive football. Can't just be some internet queen like you can for soccer.
Bahahahahahahaha when he said "local football club" I lost... guy has got to be related to UNK.
Sauce
Old 04-09-2010, 03:28 PM #308
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

Quote:

STFU cali******.

cwutididthar?
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:40 PM #309
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Wow, the Californian just got tooled on by the Canuck.

Bravo Mr C., Bravo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamapoLax View Post
Mr C. representing Canadialand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572 View Post
You get a honorary Grossman picture Canadian.

I lol'd.

Quote:

Alright get ready to bend over again.

1-Lacrosse is our national sport, not curling.
2-Baseball is America's national sport yet football gets better ratings.

National sports mean nothing. Hockey is Canada's true national sport. We have more infrastructure in hockey than any other country in the world and we are the best at it. During the Olympics the streets of Canada's major cities were flooded with fans watching the final Olympic hockey game in the streets.

As for me supporting the CFL, I do you idiot. I own 2 seats behind the Argo's bench at the 35 yard line. I had to buy them. Know why? Because I wanted first access to NFL tickets in Toronto. I got them. You see, the NFL comes to play here every year. There will be an NFL team here. I love the Cowboys. They have been my favorite since I was a kid.

Why do I have to support a ****ty league though? Why wouldn't I watch a superior product that exists less than an hour away from me. I can get to Buffalo in an hour and go watch the Bills lose. You have no point to make here, stop grasping at straws.

The world cup happens once every 4 years, and I'd love to see the American ratings during that game. They won't be more than this year's superbowl.

Toronto FC DOES NOT have better attendance than the Argo's you ****nut. Toronto FC gets 20,000 per game. Argo's have an average attendance of more than 24,000 per game. Nice try moron.

As for most popular in developed countries, prove your point. In North America, its not soccer. Bring up some numbers if you want to prove a point. Oh, and make them relevant. Because no one here gives a **** about what people like to watch in France and Italy.

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:24 PM #310
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Canada and America unite against the forces of ******ry!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:11 PM #311
TSWRA

I say instead of responding to the soccar ***, we just post pictures of Rex Grossman.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:45 PM #312
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...

"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:11 PM #313
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 PM #314
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

Just because it's cheaper to play soccer than play football or other sports doesn't make soccer any worse or ***** than those other sports. Let's be real here. If anything it should make it more appealing. Why the **** do I want to drop that much money on all this equipment just to play a sport competitively.

Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and after this upcoming World Cup it will become even bigger in America whether any of you like it or not, so suck a fat cock ******s.

/infractions

EDIT:

There's a reason why the World Cup only comes around every 4 years. EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD COMPETES IN IT. It takes that long for the qualification to narrow down hundreds of countries to the top 32 teams to play in the finals.

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 AM #315
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
Just because it's cheaper to play soccer than play football or other sports doesn't make soccer any worse or ***** than those other sports. Let's be real here. If anything it should make it more appealing. Why the **** do I want to drop that much money on all this equipment just to play a sport competitively.

Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and after this upcoming World Cup it will become even bigger in America whether any of you like it or not, so suck a fat cock ******s.

/infractions

EDIT:

There's a reason why the World Cup only comes around every 4 years. EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD COMPETES IN IT. It takes that long for the qualification to narrow down hundreds of countries to the top 32 teams to play in the finals.

I hear alot of blah blah blah. Fact remains that winter olympics get higher ratings then world cup in america.