Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 09:06 PM #1
M.Bison
YEAH I USE M.BiS0N
 
M.Bison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: POMONA CA
Need some help here people.

i recently bought a spyder electra 09 and was wondering what upgrades i can do to it please give me the exact name of the parts because im kind of a noob. lol
M.Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 PM #2
wAfflezzz
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
seriously dude, stick to stock...an upgrade is to change something you dislike about your gun...if you dont dislike anything, dont change it. the only thing i would recommend would be a barrel kit just to have a barrel bore to ball match, thats about it
__________________
chrono FS


SHAFT BARREL KIT FS
wAfflezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:26 PM #3
M.Bison
YEAH I USE M.BiS0N
 
M.Bison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: POMONA CA
barrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wAfflezzz View Post
seriously dude, stick to stock...an upgrade is to change something you dislike about your gun...if you dont dislike anything, dont change it. the only thing i would recommend would be a barrel kit just to have a barrel bore to ball match, thats about it
do you know what kind of barrel i should get, also what would fix my ball looping and lobing in other words not going straight and tailing off at the end.
M.Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:43 PM #4
georgeyew
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Don't replace the barrel yet. Try getting better paint first. I also have the 09 Electra and the stock barrel is fine for me when I use decent paint.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 PM #5
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison View Post
do you know what kind of barrel i should get, also what would fix my ball looping and lobing in other words not going straight and tailing off at the end.
i have an older electra that i barely ever used. not a bad gun at all. people down it because its a spyder but hey whatever. for my newer guns i have a freak jr barrel kit. definately well worth the money. the biggest thing with accuracy in paintball is a good bore to ball match. most paintball guns come with a bigger bore barrel to prevent breaks. they arent always accurate and you tend to use more air since you have to turn velocity up to get the 280fps out of your paint. also over boring makes a gun inconsistent. getting the correct bore insert for your paint not only makes the gun more consistant but it will make your gun more accurate
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:28 PM #6
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew View Post
Don't replace the barrel yet. Try getting better paint first. I also have the 09 Electra and the stock barrel is fine for me when I use decent paint.
how do you know he hasnt shot good paint yet? bore matching your paint will always make a gun more accurate. every different type of paintball is a different bore size. its always a good idea to get a good barrel or kit
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:56 AM #7
M.Bison
YEAH I USE M.BiS0N
 
M.Bison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: POMONA CA
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
i have an older electra that i barely ever used. not a bad gun at all. people down it because its a spyder but hey whatever. for my newer guns i have a freak jr barrel kit. definately well worth the money. the biggest thing with accuracy in paintball is a good bore to ball match. most paintball guns come with a bigger bore barrel to prevent breaks. they arent always accurate and you tend to use more air since you have to turn velocity up to get the 280fps out of your paint. also over boring makes a gun inconsistent. getting the correct bore insert for your paint not only makes the gun more consistant but it will make your gun more accurate
Hi like isaid I'm a boob at this stuff so I don't know what a bore is. I would appreciate it if you can help me out sorry. One more thing do all barrels fit all guns or is there a special type of barrel for certain guns. Thanks
M.Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 AM #8
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison View Post
Hi like isaid I'm a boob at this stuff so I don't know what a bore is. I would appreciate it if you can help me out sorry. One more thing do all barrels fit all guns or is there a special type of barrel for certain guns. Thanks
all barrels come in different bores. some examples are: .687, .689, .692. just like the barrels the paintballs also are all different sizes. if you notice you will buy some kinds of paint that you can drop right through your barrel and others will fit snug. when you buy a barrel you will see that it will have a bore size. i like the barrel kit because they come with a 2 piece barrel. the front half of it determines barrel length which is all personal preference. i tend to like 14 inch the best. the back half of the barrel is for the bore size. the freak jr kit for example comes with inserts that slide inside the barrel that change the bore size so it is completely customizable for what ever paint you shoot. also yes you do have to buy specific barrels for specific guns. guns come with different thread sizes. there are autococker threaded barrels, spyder threaded barrels, a5 threaded barrels, etc. i know the older spyders needed spyder threaded barrels. i heard a rumor the newer ones take autococker threaded barrels but not sure. that is something you will have to look up in your manual or ask your local paintball store
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump