Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 PM #1
Tapper
 
 
Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Owensboro Ky
MSXL/PSP Classification

Here is the link to our 2010 classification system. Please forward any questions to Chris at APPA as we have nothing to do with classification or re-classification of players.

PSP Classification explained :http://pspevents.com/index.php?optio...55&It emid=69
__________________
Thank you for playing the MSXL
Darin Tapp

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 AM #2
Tapper
 
 
Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Owensboro Ky
I have invited the APPA to monitor this thread so please post APPA questions here.
__________________
Thank you for playing the MSXL
Darin Tapp

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 AM #3
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
great, that will help out!
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM #4
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self
 
teamsilentassassins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
It's interesting that the only way a player can move up to D2 or higher is by having their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th scores being PSP scores. I take it that means that any teams playing D2 MSXL this year will only retain their D2 status over the next few years by playing the MSXL and PSP?
__________________
LIVEWIRE

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:29 PM #5
Tapper
 
 
Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Owensboro Ky
Ranking Questions

Please direct all ranking questions to the appropriate source = APPA.
paintballplayers@gmail.com
__________________
Thank you for playing the MSXL
Darin Tapp

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 AM #6
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
MAYBE in the long run this system will work! and i know when things are changed it takes awhile to get on the right track but something needs to be done when teams can play themselfs right out of being able to play! the YJP team that plays d4 has had 2 players bumped to d3 after one event. we also have 2 or 3 players that after the next time they play a appa event will be moved. with the system like it is there is no way to keep a d4 team together for a full season. i thought that if you started the season in d4 and did not play a higher divison you could only be moved up at the end of the year! also if a player plays a SEPS 5 man event in open divison it will add to points total and cause players to be moved up. our players that got bumped to d3 from d4 have only played in 1 open event and 1 xball event. these guys are true d4 players. i went from d4 to d3 without even playing a event. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT!!! i am sure other teams are running into the same trouble. if a team is trying to stay together and win a trip to cup in the MSXL
and keep getting moved up ...it just wont work! YES they could all move up and play d3, but if a program already has a d3 team we would end up with 2 d3 teams and then what ...play eachother in events and stand a chance of one team knocking the other out. if i am wrong about all of this then someone please set me straight! if i am right then we all need to send a ton of e mails to the guy that runs the appa and make him address this issue. only if players sound off will things get changed. on top of all that when former d1 and semi pro players can play d4 just because they have not played in a year or 2 something is really out of whack. to tell the truth i really dont mind that as much as i do that true d4 players have to move up or not play! these issues will cost leauges money! i bet the MSXL will lose 3 or 4 d4 due to this. the appa is for the players so if we work together we can make the changes that need to be made until this new system becomes fair!
SO POST UP AND SOUND OFF AND SEND E-MAILS!!
Kevin Parker
Yellow Jacket Paintball
ps again if i am wrong please let me know!
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 AM #7
ionballer00
NK...
 
ionballer00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: kentucky
ionballer00 plays in the PSP
ionballer00 is an NCPA player
ionballer00 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenpar View Post
MAYBE in the long run this system will work! and i know when things are changed it takes awhile to get on the right track but something needs to be done when teams can play themselfs right out of being able to play! the YJP team that plays d4 has had 2 players bumped to d3 after one event. we also have 2 or 3 players that after the next time they play a appa event will be moved. with the system like it is there is no way to keep a d4 team together for a full season. i thought that if you started the season in d4 and did not play a higher divison you could only be moved up at the end of the year! also if a player plays a SEPS 5 man event in open divison it will add to points total and cause players to be moved up. our players that got bumped to d3 from d4 have only played in 1 open event and 1 xball event. these guys are true d4 players. i went from d4 to d3 without even playing a event. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT!!! i am sure other teams are running into the same trouble. if a team is trying to stay together and win a trip to cup in the MSXL
and keep getting moved up ...it just wont work! YES they could all move up and play d3, but if a program already has a d3 team we would end up with 2 d3 teams and then what ...play eachother in events and stand a chance of one team knocking the other out. if i am wrong about all of this then someone please set me straight! if i am right then we all need to send a ton of e mails to the guy that runs the appa and make him address this issue. only if players sound off will things get changed. on top of all that when former d1 and semi pro players can play d4 just because they have not played in a year or 2 something is really out of whack. to tell the truth i really dont mind that as much as i do that true d4 players have to move up or not play! these issues will cost leauges money! i bet the MSXL will lose 3 or 4 d4 due to this. the appa is for the players so if we work together we can make the changes that need to be made until this new system becomes fair!
SO POST UP AND SOUND OFF AND SEND E-MAILS!!
Kevin Parker
Yellow Jacket Paintball
ps again if i am wrong please let me know!
I believe this system was meant to take a few years to work things out. Who were the x semi pro's playing d4 xball?
__________________
NKU
Cincinnati Paintball
ionballer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 AM #8
Tapper
 
 
Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Owensboro Ky
Great post KP and I can not argue a single point made. We appreciate all the teams and are fully aware that this problem needs immediate attention.

Everyone who started the year at one rank then got reclassed please email APPA. Chris is very busy so stick with the facts. Always include your ID #.

paintballplayers@gmail.com
__________________
Thank you for playing the MSXL
Darin Tapp

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:44 AM #9
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionballer00 View Post
I believe this system was meant to take a few years to work things out. Who were the x semi pro's playing d4 xball?
i am sure that it will take a few years to get all the bugs out and i am fine with that! but until we get to that point i just think something can be done to help teams to stay together for a full season, then move them up. i am sure this plan will help in the long run and keep players from playing down but when to makes players that are not ready move up we need to take a good long look at what can be done in the mean time! as far as calling names out on the guys that played in d4...i dont think its about that so much and i have known them for years and enjoy playing them. but it just shows that until the system works itself out issues like this need to be looked at. all i want is to be able to build a solid program and know i can count on haveing the same players stay together for a season!
thanks
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:55 AM #10
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
Great post KP and I can not argue a single point made. We appreciate all the teams and are fully aware that this problem needs immediate attention.

Everyone who started the year at one rank then got reclassed please email APPA. Chris is very busy so stick with the facts. Always include your ID #.

paintballplayers@gmail.com
thanks Darin, YJP is still fired up to play the MSXL! and by all means people dont blow Chris up with anything but facts. i am sure he works hard and only wants what best for the game as we all do. but only through ACTION comes CHANGE. so word your e-mails the right way and lets fine a way to get this right until such a time when the system has balence. WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING WE JUST HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 AM #11
prien007
Sneaky
 
prien007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
prien007 plays in the APPA D4 division
prien007 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
prien007 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Did I blink and miss something. Are we not using the Universal Classification this year? X-ball ranking and 5-man were seperate. Are they now not? I have never played a D-3 xball event and my MSXL ranking is D-3. I only mention this because I know a couple of Kevin's players are in the same boat.

For reference appa# 51639
__________________
I'm ready to win d10.....
CCM Phantom Frame FORSALE
prien007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM #12
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by prien007 View Post
Did I blink and miss something. Are we not using the Universal Classification this year? X-ball ranking and 5-man were seperate. Are they now not? I have never played a D-3 xball event and my MSXL ranking is D-3. I only mention this because I know a couple of Kevin's players are in the same boat.

For reference appa# 51639
great reply, this is what we need!
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:23 AM #13
Tapper
 
 
Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Owensboro Ky
Please direct inquiries to Chris at APPA.

paintballplayers@gmail.com
__________________
Thank you for playing the MSXL
Darin Tapp

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 AM #14
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
Please direct inquiries to Chris at APPA.

paintballplayers@gmail.com
the way i understand it, Chris is the only one that can make changes so lets all send Darin about 10000000 or so pms also.....lol...not really! but lets keep posting up on here as well. the more players that post the more we will get done or at least get how we feel about it out there!
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM #15
UWILLDIE296
Robbie
 
UWILLDIE296's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hendersonville, Tn
UWILLDIE296 plays in the PSP
UWILLDIE296 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UWILLDIE296 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by prien007 View Post
Did I blink and miss something. Are we not using the Universal Classification this year? X-ball ranking and 5-man were seperate. Are they now not? I have never played a D-3 xball event and my MSXL ranking is D-3. I only mention this because I know a couple of Kevin's players are in the same boat.

For reference appa# 51639


Yeah I also thought that these were gonna be separate this year. So I didn't think me playing open in the Seps should have bumped me up in the MSXL. I hope there is something we can do about this because after the next event there will be at least 4 of us ranked d3
__________________
Mid South Mafia

Team Shooters
Support Your Local Fields
UWILLDIE296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:01 PM #16
James Graley
 
 
James Graley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Proctorvegas
James Graley is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
evenpar,

I think it is difficult to find a system that fixes all situations, however, prior to the fix, if you have a team with a few guys that are still ranked semi-pro or D1from events from 2003 or say 2006 (4 years ago) your same argument applies to them as well if they aren't reduced in rank significantly, either they have to play D1 minimum or retire forever. When players aren't playing regularly anymore because they are raising a family, etc., they shouldnt be prohibited from playing whatsoever just because they played at different level at a much earlier stage in their career.
The new system allows you to drop a certain percentage of points each year you don't play organized events (as it should).

That being said, a player is not supposed to move up during a season as long as they are not rostered on a team that is playing at a higher level, i.e., if you are D4, regardless of your wins, points, etc., you should be D4 for the entire season unless you are rostered on a D3 team during that season. I realize you said you thought that was the case and its the way I understand it to be as well. Maybe we are both wrong but that seems to be the way it reads on the APPA site.
James Graley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:42 PM #17
mrof
 
 
mrof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
mrof plays in the PSP
mrof owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
mrof plays in the APPA D3 division
I think the new system is one of the biggest steps competitive paintball has taken it many years. Your ranked on performance if you do well move up not ranked because you played 2 or more psp events in one year as it used to be for d4
Also it is nice that players that were at such a high level many years ago are able to retire and come back not forced to compete at that same level
mrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:52 PM #18
Tapper
 
 
Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Owensboro Ky
The task PSP and APPA have taken on is monumental.

As a promoter I hate loosing teams but I understand the direction and the reasons for it.

Keep in mind if you want to remain in your current class play in your current class DO NOT PLAY UP
__________________
Thank you for playing the MSXL
Darin Tapp

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 PM #19
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrof View Post
I think the new system is one of the biggest steps competitive paintball has taken it many years. Your ranked on performance if you do well move up not ranked because you played 2 or more psp events in one year as it used to be for d4
Also it is nice that players that were at such a high level many years ago are able to retire and come back not forced to compete at that same level
i also think this is good for competitive paintball. and i also think its great that guys that got out of the game for awhile can come back and play ball again!
i am all for that, and think we can learn from them! my point is when a player is moved up during the year he may have to leave his team to keep playing! cant build a team for a season that way. i am sure all this will work out in the long run but for the teams playing now it is gona cause problems that could and should be fixed!
KP
ps thanks for the feedback
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 PM #20
nightkast939
 
 
nightkast939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
nightkast939 plays in the MiLP
nightkast939 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
Great post KP and I can not argue a single point made. We appreciate all the teams and are fully aware that this problem needs immediate attention.

Everyone who started the year at one rank then got reclassed please email APPA. Chris is very busy so stick with the facts. Always include your ID #.

paintballplayers@gmail.com
Chris has said in many other threads that it is up to the LEAGUE OWNERS to re-class. Not himself. Maybe that has changed. I know back in the day when everyone got re-classed in the cfoa we talked to Larry, not Chris. He said he simply couldn't keep up with all the reclassifying and individual situations that league owners have to approach so he left it in the hands of league owners.
nightkast939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:44 PM #21
wraith195
 
 
wraith195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
wraith195 plays in the PSP
wraith195 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wraith195 plays in the APPA D3 division
correct me if i am wrong but the link Darrin posted states that your rank is the sum of your 2nd,3rd,4th higest scores. but when i am looking at my rank and others they have 2 diffent sums depending on where you look. when you are in a single persons profile they sums are correct they are the 2,3,4, scores, but when you look at a roster the number out beside the name and what i belive is giving players higher ranking at the moment is the sum of the first three score.

using my brothers score as an example his top four scores of this season are: 220, 200, 188, 167.28.
The rank he has in his profile is a total of 555.28 which is the correct sum of his 2nd,3rd,4th, scores, and his profile says he is d4, yet the number out beside his name when looking at the roster is 608 just above mid season d3 classification, and the sum of the 1st,2nd.3rd, scores, and it says he is d3.

I may have missed something and pleast inform me if i have, but this seems like a possible bug in the system or something. i just thought i would post up and try to get some clarification.

The number for refence 57792 i believe.
__________________
Ryan Cox
Mid-South Mafia X-Ball
wraith195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump