Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2009, 08:44 PM #1
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
sp1 ACR project.

So yeah the title says it all. A litle back story on this project so you guys can see where I am at. I live in washington, have all my life. When I was in kindergarten, my PE teacher got me into wrestling and I instantly fell in love with it. I wrestled all the way through grade school and lost my first ever match in the sixth grade. This was my 13th year of wrestling and its been a huge part of my life. Any way, this season was my senior year and I dont play on wrestling in college. So everything that I had done prior was like a precursor to this time. I cut down from 160 pound down to 140 pounds and was ranked 5th in the state at my weight class and was DESTROYING people all over the city. Thheennn my knee went out. I tore through my meniscus(however you spell it) and my season is over. I go in for surgery on monday and doc says it will take 12 weeks to heal. So at this point I feel like I have a huge hole in my heart from where 13 years of hard work and cutting weight have been yanked out. Some of you are probably wondering how this has anything to do with paintball. Well I dont know how many of you have ever had a bucket handle tear in your knee, but you cant do squat! Thus, granting me alot of time on my butt. Video games have quickly grown old and I wanted something better to do. Enter modding. In my last post of my sp1 somebody said it reminded them of the bushmaster ACR. That got me thinking. With a little work and some(alot) of money I decided I could pull it off. My first step was to relocate the rails from their original location on the sp1. This first pic is my sp1 with the extended body before I relocated the rails and the second pic is of the marker after they were moved. I did this for two reasons. 1. by moving the rails up, it more closely resembled the actual look and "feel" of the acr. 2. with the rails moved up, the new exposed body area presents a real treat. I can use this hollow section of body to attatch recievers to have the marker look more of the part. Well before I go any farther here are the first two pictures.

Before the relocation of the rails:



And this is after the rails were moved up to the flat land that the sp1 body has.



Ok so I know that right now it looks really rough, but after taking some time to really look over the work I had previously done, I found alot of imperfections in the body that werent visible in the pictures but took away from the project when you held it. So i filled thesewith the epoxy and sanded the resedue that was left once I took the rails off. Also I still need to re-install the bolts in the rails to make them look more "final". I will be re spraying the marker tomorow in black. Well anyway what do you guys think so far. Please offer me any suggestion,comments,kudos,complayins, harrassment,blah blah blah. I want this to be the most custom and coolest sp1 in the world. so anything you guys find that would make it better...plese let me know.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2009, 09:12 AM #2
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy
 
jonotwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE ohio
Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
find a solid or more integrated stock.
me likey.

__________________
Speak, if you're worth the listening
vintage old feedback High Tech Shiny Feedback

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 AM #3
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I agree. My plan is to go with the magpul ubr stock and do some minor mods to the stock itself to make it look more the part. painting it today after church. Ill update the pics later
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:54 PM #4
WoodsBaller57
 
 
WoodsBaller57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Have you done anything about a different stock?

I saw in a thread, that you were talking about getting a more integrated stock.
Have you done anything about a different stock?
Have you looked at the Wire Stock from Trinity?
It looks good on the SP1 and it gets away from the carbine look.
I attached a pic of my SP1 with the Wire Stock.




Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1-LORD View Post
So yeah the title says it all. A litle back story on this project so you guys can see where I am at. I live in washington, have all my life. When I was in kindergarten, my PE teacher got me into wrestling and I instantly fell in love with it. I wrestled all the way through grade school and lost my first ever match in the sixth grade. This was my 13th year of wrestling and its been a huge part of my life. Any way, this season was my senior year and I dont play on wrestling in college. So everything that I had done prior was like a precursor to this time. I cut down from 160 pound down to 140 pounds and was ranked 5th in the state at my weight class and was DESTROYING people all over the city. Thheennn my knee went out. I tore through my meniscus(however you spell it) and my season is over. I go in for surgery on monday and doc says it will take 12 weeks to heal. So at this point I feel like I have a huge hole in my heart from where 13 years of hard work and cutting weight have been yanked out. Some of you are probably wondering how this has anything to do with paintball. Well I dont know how many of you have ever had a bucket handle tear in your knee, but you cant do squat! Thus, granting me alot of time on my butt. Video games have quickly grown old and I wanted something better to do. Enter modding. In my last post of my sp1 somebody said it reminded them of the bushmaster ACR. That got me thinking. With a little work and some(alot) of money I decided I could pull it off. My first step was to relocate the rails from their original location on the sp1. This first pic is my sp1 with the extended body before I relocated the rails and the second pic is of the marker after they were moved. I did this for two reasons. 1. by moving the rails up, it more closely resembled the actual look and "feel" of the acr. 2. with the rails moved up, the new exposed body area presents a real treat. I can use this hollow section of body to attatch recievers to have the marker look more of the part. Well before I go any farther here are the first two pictures.

Before the relocation of the rails:



And this is after the rails were moved up to the flat land that the sp1 body has.



Ok so I know that right now it looks really rough, but after taking some time to really look over the work I had previously done, I found alot of imperfections in the body that werent visible in the pictures but took away from the project when you held it. So i filled thesewith the epoxy and sanded the resedue that was left once I took the rails off. Also I still need to re-install the bolts in the rails to make them look more "final". I will be re spraying the marker tomorow in black. Well anyway what do you guys think so far. Please offer me any suggestion,comments,kudos,complayins, harrassment,blah blah blah. I want this to be the most custom and coolest sp1 in the world. so anything you guys find that would make it better...plese let me know.
__________________
This is My PUMP BADGE!

Woodsballer57
Now Playin' Pump with My CCM S6.5

http://s895.photobucket.com/user/Woo...15218.jpg.html

Shhck-Shick is the Sound I Hear...Just Before You Hear SLPATPRESS>>>http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...er57/SPLAT.jpg
WoodsBaller57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 PM #5
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
How ya doin. As to not fill up a picture only thread with text ill answer your other questions in this post. The mag, is from a real steel g3. The mags are really cheap, like a dollar if im correct, I have 50 of them for my hk 91 so I didnt have to spend anything. Ill get more detailed pics of that in little bit, probably by tomorow. But basically all I did was take the "foregrip" sleeve off of the reg. Then I took my mag out to the garage and sliced and diced it witht he aluminum cutting disks. Wasnt hard. The stock however, I kinda made my own. I took the existing stock that I had for the sp1 (car stock) and since it was hard to get your head down to the sights with a mask I modded it. I sanded the back of it at angle, so that when you bolt it on to the sp1, it points down to the ground slightly as apposed to straight out. This allows for better sight clearance and is very comfortable. However since this post I have also redirected where the air sits on the marker. The reg now sits beneath the grip, with an airline that runs though the grip into the board. By moving the reg, it gave me the opportunity to create a set of mag kits that will bolt directly onto the marker through two holes that I will eventually try to market. Also I have a working box mag in the process of being constructed, and have also re directed the feed system so that my sp1 now accepts bt rip clips. Ill try to put some pics up tonight for you but for sure by tomorow. Any other questions, just ask.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:14 AM #6
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Do you have any closer detailed pics of the body you cut and mounted to the original body?

How did you/what did you use to/ cut the body..

Im about to undertake a similar approach to a project of my own in the next few days and although I have some ideas of how im going to go about it I figure any tips from first hand would come in helpfull and may save me a head ach.

As of now im guessing I would measure the amount of body I want to cut off,mark it with a bit more space then I actually need,cut ,then sand down to measurment needed, possibly use dremmel with cutting wheel and or hack/band saw?
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:13 PM #7
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
What I did was disassemble the marker. I then threw the body shroud, Just the plastic into my saw, (i got a good shop) and cut the second body right behind the bottom picatany rail. when you do this you will notice ther will be a gap on the bottom where the reg used to go. I went to the local hardware store and bought some dowel that fit into the flashlight port on the sp1 snug and glued the dowel into thtat gap and covered it with the bottom rail. The reason for the dowel is that when attatched to the extended body, it will slide into the real sp1's flashlight port holding it on, then just take the bottom picatany rail off, and drill two holes for screws to hold it on securely, this will allow you to take the shroud on and off quickly and not cause any real permament changes to your marker. Also I finished up my project by filling in the empty section of the extended body(where you can see the power tube) with an epoxy. this took forever... but I like the looc of it alot better than when it was hollow. Ill try to throw some pics up tomorow but ill be pretty busy for the next few days. Any further questions, just ask.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM #8
natej740
 
 
natej740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio
Looks nice keep us updated.
natej740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:00 PM #9
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
ill throw some newer pics up for you guys tonight after work. It will have the new stock on it and pics with the rip clip mounted to it as well.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:34 PM #10
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two
 
Killa Daddy Of Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arvada, CO
Killa Daddy Of Two is playing at Living Legends V
Killa Daddy Of Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Killa Daddy Of Two has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Killa Daddy Of Two is attending Decay of Nations VI
if u can get the stock off of the new USArmy Paintball, "SALVO" it will work on the back of the Sp1, via the sp1/98 stock adaptor. That might be close to your Magpul Masada look
__________________
www.sfdeltat.com
and PROUDLY SPONSORED BY www.savephace.com
Proudly supporting, www.warpaintpb.com, and www.paintballx3.com
Killa Daddy Of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:42 PM #11
WoodsBaller57
 
 
WoodsBaller57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Illinois
I'd love to see some more pictures

I am impressed by your remanufacturing skills. I would really like to see some more pictures showing how you did the re-routing of the regulator and the installation of the HK magazine. THanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1-LORD View Post
How ya doin. As to not fill up a picture only thread with text ill answer your other questions in this post. The mag, is from a real steel g3. The mags are really cheap, like a dollar if im correct, I have 50 of them for my hk 91 so I didnt have to spend anything. Ill get more detailed pics of that in little bit, probably by tomorow. But basically all I did was take the "foregrip" sleeve off of the reg. Then I took my mag out to the garage and sliced and diced it witht he aluminum cutting disks. Wasnt hard. The stock however, I kinda made my own. I took the existing stock that I had for the sp1 (car stock) and since it was hard to get your head down to the sights with a mask I modded it. I sanded the back of it at angle, so that when you bolt it on to the sp1, it points down to the ground slightly as apposed to straight out. This allows for better sight clearance and is very comfortable. However since this post I have also redirected where the air sits on the marker. The reg now sits beneath the grip, with an airline that runs though the grip into the board. By moving the reg, it gave me the opportunity to create a set of mag kits that will bolt directly onto the marker through two holes that I will eventually try to market. Also I have a working box mag in the process of being constructed, and have also re directed the feed system so that my sp1 now accepts bt rip clips. Ill try to put some pics up tonight for you but for sure by tomorow. Any other questions, just ask.
__________________
This is My PUMP BADGE!

Woodsballer57
Now Playin' Pump with My CCM S6.5

http://s895.photobucket.com/user/Woo...15218.jpg.html

Shhck-Shick is the Sound I Hear...Just Before You Hear SLPATPRESS>>>http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...er57/SPLAT.jpg
WoodsBaller57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:01 AM #12
Raif Miller
 
 
Raif Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manitoba
Wow, that is hot. Although I suppose it's going to look at least kind of bulky with a hopper on it. Nice job though! Really digging the look with the longer barrel.
Raif Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 PM #13
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
no, i have the rip clip with the low profile x7 hopper on it. Not bulky at all.


still gotta do some detailing, and paint her multicam but you get an idea. Also thats the stock I made, notice how it drops down allowing more sight relief
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:21 AM #14
Gigon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Very Nice work, I too would like to see more pics and details on how to get the rip clip mounted. Look forward to seeing more progress on this proj.
Gigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:45 PM #15
mpv314 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
this gun is going to be sick! have you considered getting a tactical looking barrel? like the sp8's? that would look just like the ACR pic on the first page
mpv314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 PM #16
natej740
 
 
natej740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpv314 View Post
this gun is going to be sick! have you considered getting a tactical looking barrel? like the sp8's? that would look just like the ACR pic on the first page
I just got a 14" lapco bigshot assault and it looks sick on mine. It would work perfect for his gun.
natej740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 PM #17
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
well i just got a 16 inch freak with the apex ready tip for free so ill probably use that lol. But I have a second configuration for this that is very small. And for that Ill need a very nice small barrel. Any opinions?
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:17 AM #18
sharpshooter314
 
 
sharpshooter314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
keep postin pics bro
sharpshooter314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:08 PM #19
SP1-LORD
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
ill try to throw some up in the morning. Ill take some with the reg area capped and railed. Im re routing the air lines on the gun and moving the reg beneath the grip.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:20 AM #20
sharpshooter314
 
 
sharpshooter314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
update this bro
sharpshooter314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 PM #21
varnerinc
 
 
varnerinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
that looks nice It is going to be hard to decide with a gun to model my sp1 after I think now i am going with a sig 552 or a mp5 or a Aek (it is a improved ak 47 if you don't know) If you want to see one done let me know

But any way nice job I want see an update
varnerinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump