PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2010, 02:14 PM #1
ejaimesd

From Dye to Bob Long

Hi every body
I am a paintball player who lives in Venezuela I actually use an DM9 marker and my team and I wants to move to Bob Long's Victory, so I really need to some one tell me what's the mayor advantage form this change, I think that Infamous already show the potencial of these markers in Arizona, but what about the parts and service? What came in the box? It's true that Bob Long sell his own O'rings? Remember we live in Venezuela and we have resellers of Dye, Eclipse, WDP an others but no Bob Long... So if one marker fails we don't want to wait 3 weeks to get the parts, send the marker will not be an option to us. So what else we need apart the markers?
thaks friends

Last edited by ejaimesd : 04-05-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: grammatical error
ejaimesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2010, 02:56 PM #2
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
bob long takes normal o rings like any other gun. In the box you get a gun, barrel, board manual, small o ring kit. Nothing fancy with the packaging, basic stuff. You will need to buy dow 55 lubircant and tri-flow oil. If a gun is leaking they you more then likely will have to make a call for tech support or PM a blast tech on Pbnation. BLAST email services are not great. you do have the manual online and us to help you.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM #3
KingJester68

If you are buying new I believe they are now coming with pressure testers in box
KingJester68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:51 PM #4
vbonilla
Revolution Crew

vbonilla plays in the PSP
vbonilla plays in the APPA beginner division
Hi ejaimesd,

I spent my first years in Venezuela.
I have a Victory, and I have used my teammates DMs, NTs.

Spool vs Poppet will not go there hehe.

I have my Victory since the first month it came out, never had a problem after I got the Supercharger engine. The only problem I had was my fault, I was maintaining my LPR for the first time, and I din't put back the harness on the side of the LPR, and it was blocking the port under the LPR. It took me 5 mins to find the problem and fix it.

You won't need anything special to maintain your gun, except the pressure tester. The pressure tester is not needed, but makes life easier, I'm not sure if they are now included with the gun. Make sure you get a Victory with the Supercharger engine, I think all newer ones do.
  • Use DOW 55, don't use DOW 33.
  • Locktide on the Pillow Bolt.

Like any other gun, theres repair kits and additional small parts you could order. But if you get them now, it my sit for a long time inside a drawer because they will probably will not be needed.

Example: Main Harness, Solenoid, Screws, Eyes, Pillow Bolt, etc.

If you ever need anything, I'll help you out.
I can't way to visit my family in Caracas, Venezuela, its been a long time!

I love my Victory.
vbonilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:51 PM #5
e_friccero
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Annual Supporting Member
e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbonilla View Post
uh what? are you talking about loc-titing the pillow in the bolt? in which case you would only do that if you replaced the pillow
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 PM #6
OleManKraus
Give a little whistle.

OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends III
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends V
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends VI
OleManKraus is playing at Living Legends VII
pressure tester is included. no instruction manual but available online and have a good sense of humor to them to boot. Our team switched from Angel to Bob this season. Going from my Fly to the Victory was an amazing difference. I absolutely love this guns feel in my hand!
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Mypbfriend.com
http://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL
OleManKraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:04 PM #7
vbonilla
Revolution Crew

vbonilla plays in the PSP
vbonilla plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_friccero View Post
uh what? are you talking about loc-titing the pillow in the bolt? in which case you would only do that if you replaced the pillow
Yes, just a precaution so he does not loose his pillow. I had to do it, when I got it brand new. I was afraid to loose it, like it did on my Vice.

Probably you wont have to anymore, just check that the pillow is not loose. Again just a precaution.
vbonilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:56 AM #8
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
one advantage you'll notice is the Victory's are more efficient. they also require less maintenance.

if you can get Dow55 in Venezuela you'll be fine
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 AM #9
ejaimesd

Tanks so much to all of you, any contact to Bob Long for sponsor ship? We actually are semi sponsored by Dye, have Bob Long any sponsor pack for foreign teams?
Thanks by your help, here in Venezuela the Bob Long's marker are something like very unusual markers the market here are dominated by eclipse and dye, very few luxes, cyborgs and invert and of course spyders for recreational people, ah and some smart parts are running around every time less...

Re take the Victory's theme, I think that these markers will do a very good work on my team, so I will try to get a lot of Dow 55 from the US here don't sell this grease...

Last edited by ejaimesd : 04-01-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:14 PM #10
ejaimesd

Talking Gracias

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbonilla View Post
Hi ejaimesd,

I spent my first years in Venezuela.
I have a Victory, and I have used my teammates DMs, NTs.

Spool vs Poppet will not go there hehe.

I have my Victory since the first month it came out, never had a problem after I got the Supercharger engine. The only problem I had was my fault, I was maintaining my LPR for the first time, and I din't put back the harness on the side of the LPR, and it was blocking the port under the LPR. It took me 5 mins to find the problem and fix it.

You won't need anything special to maintain your gun, except the pressure tester. The pressure tester is not needed, but makes life easier, I'm not sure if they are now included with the gun. Make sure you get a Victory with the Supercharger engine, I think all newer ones do.
  • Use DOW 55, don't use DOW 33.

Like any other gun, theres repair kits and additional small parts you could order. But if you get them now, it my sit for a long time inside a drawer because they will probably will not be needed.

Example: Main Harness, Solenoid, Screws, Eyes, Pillow Bolt, etc.

If you ever need anything, I'll help you out.
I can't way to visit my family in Caracas, Venezuela, its been a long time!

I love my Victory.
Muchisimas gracias por tu ayuda! En verdad muy completa, espero puedas volver en algun momento a Venezuela y puedas entrenar con mi equipo un fin de semana! De mas esta decir que si necesitas algo de aquí no dudes en contactarme! Mis emails son mi nick @gmail o @hotmail
Saludos
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 PM #11
This is Ross
Get Silly.

This is Ross helped look for balloons
This is Ross is an NCPA player
This is Ross is an NCPA National Champion
This is Ross supports Pev's Paintball
i have also swithec from a dm9 to a victory, in the last month. i have owned a bob long gun before and they hav amazing customer service. however i traded for a victory and its not working at the moment, and i shipped it in today :/
Wasted Clothing
VSB
AriG
This is Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 PM #12
ejaimesd

What's happend with your Victory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is Ross View Post
i have also swithec from a dm9 to a victory, in the last month. i have owned a bob long gun before and they hav amazing customer service. however i traded for a victory and its not working at the moment, and i shipped it in today :/
What's so wrong to send the marker to service? Do you do something? Please tell me what's happened
Old 04-03-2010, 11:42 AM #13
fusionguy
PGC

Annual Supporting Member
fusionguy plays in the USPL
fusionguy donated to help Peyton Trent
fusionguy plays in the APPA D5 division
I switched recently from a DM9 to the BL Victory. Major differences / improvements that I noticed were:

Pros:
Way more efficiency - you can shoot over a case with 1 68x4500 fill.
No Hoses - Yay no more macroline leaks
No Tool dissasembly - so easy to clean in between games

Cons:
not quite as quiet as the DM