Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenone View Post
Ray, Well Ray, you almost close, but the offensive player is in a running stride coming up/down the field from the Back Can shooting across field. He is shooting from the Dorito Side to Command Center on the snake side. Some of the paint started on the bunker and moved on to the player, remember that there is still paint in the air as the ref calls the player out.
I can tell you how I would likely call this, though there are always variables to every situation. Assuming in this case that the player shooting has a line of sight on the player he is shooting at (and if he hit him more than once, thats a fair assumption), I will listen for shots once I see the first break. If the player stops shooting within a reasonable amount of time (we all know about how long it should take for the eyes to register a hit and send a message to the brain to stop shooting), I will give him the benefit of the doubt, even if the player gets hit several more times. If I hear say, two or three trigger pulls after the hit, I will have some serious questions about the shots. In a case like that, there will be some discussion about the call. If there are more than 4 pulls off the hit, I will call overshooting.
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 PM #23
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenone View Post
Ray, Well Ray, you almost close, but the offensive player is in a running stride coming up/down the field from the Back Can shooting across field. He is shooting from the Dorito Side to Command Center on the snake side. Some of the paint started on the bunker and moved on to the player, remember that there is still paint in the air as the ref calls the player out.
CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL

Scenario: Theres an 85 year old Grandma thats in front of Lenny thats heading out for Church on Sunday, April 25th. You get stuck behind her as shes going 50 in a 55 MPH zone. The time is 8:50am, and you have already missed the Team Meeting for the YG tournement and you know PYROMAN will have your balls when you get there. You want to pass SOOOOOOO bad, but you see a Cop sitting on the side of the road 1/4 mile up.
So, do you pass Granny knowing that someone is watching you and may give you a ticket (Penalty), or do you just take a breath, relax, and do what everyone else does and use that SELF CONTROL that you were taught by your elders??
Thats the most simple way to put it.

If I see anyone "Intentionally" overshooting another player when it was very clear that the shooter had a clear shot to take them out with one or two balls, then a penalty will absolutly be thrown. If it actually looks like the shooter was out to "Intentionally" hurt another player, a penalty will be the least of their worries, and player ejection will most likely follow. This is always at the Head Referees descretion on the field, but I almost always meet with the other Ref's to ask their opinion on the situation.
Players need to understand control. They also need to learn their equipment before playing in a tournament with it. A REALLY good player shows great control when they get behind an oponant, quickly assesses the situation, and puts one or two on that players pack instead of a back, neck or head shot.

This is in general for everyone: Keep in mind that all kids are different. Just because your son has some playing experience, is a little tougher than other kids, and is thicker skinned doesnt give them the right to unload on someone elses kid that isnt as tough, thats just looking to play in a beginners tournament and is trying to have a good time.
Il longest running Young Guns Tournament Series
WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET
Xtreme Fantasy Role Playing Games
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM #24
supersoldier123
Senicka-HCHS

supersoldier123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
supersoldier123 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 03 View Post
I am one of the refs for the YG series. I can see where you probably got 2 answers on this call. In PSP, the call is refs discression, and if a ref clearly sees the hit and the break, even if it leaves no mark, they can call the player out. Since several of the refs at Fox YG are certified and experienced PSP refs, one or two refs may have been calling the game a little closer than is the intention of the Fox YG series. We're changing up who we're having ref this year in an effort to have the same pool of refs for the whole season, so those little gray areas should be fewer.
Spartan, thanks for your reply, Yes I am getting 2 different answers. I like the later with the more relaxed rule about the paint leaving the mark. When we get to the Tournamant, we can sit and discuss this issue according to psp after the games.

Your Friend Lenny

The Badlandz, Bad Boyz Toyz
Old 03-31-2010, 08:52 PM #25
supersoldier123
Senicka-HCHS

supersoldier123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
supersoldier123 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL

Scenario: Theres an 85 year old Grandma thats in front of Lenny thats heading out for Church on Sunday, April 25th. You get stuck behind her as shes going 50 in a 55 MPH zone. The time is 8:50am, and you have already missed the Team Meeting for the YG tournement and you know PYROMAN will have your balls when you get there. You want to pass SOOOOOOO bad, but you see a Cop sitting on the side of the road 1/4 mile up.
So, do you pass Granny knowing that someone is watching you and may give you a ticket (Penalty), or do you just take a breath, relax, and do what everyone else does and use that SELF CONTROL that you were taught by your elders??
Thats the most simple way to put it.

If I see anyone "Intentionally" overshooting another player when it was very clear that the shooter had a clear shot to take them out with one or two balls, then a penalty will absolutly be thrown. If it actually looks like the shooter was out to "Intentionally" hurt another player, a penalty will be the least of their worries, and player ejection will most likely follow. This is always at the Head Referees descretion on the field, but I almost always meet with the other Ref's to ask their opinion on the situation.
Players need to understand control. They also need to learn their equipment before playing in a tournament with it. A REALLY good player shows great control when they get behind an oponant, quickly assesses the situation, and puts one or two on that players pack instead of a back, neck or head shot.

This is in general for everyone: Keep in mind that all kids are different. Just because your son has some playing experience, is a little tougher than other kids, and is thicker skinned doesnt give them the right to unload on someone elses kid that isnt as tough, thats just looking to play in a beginners tournament and is trying to have a good time.
Ray, the man of wisdom. I am pleased with the answers I have received on these questions.. We/boys will be addressing these 2 issues and making the correct adjustments. We/Sons of Anarchy are going to strive for a non-penalty season. See you all at the first series. Thanks to all and to all a good night

Lenny

The Badlandz, Bad Boyz Toyz
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 PM #26
nicktheman11

nicktheman11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nicktheman11 supports Pev's Paintball
nicktheman11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nicktheman11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Any teams playin in this want to go to fox on the 11th and scrim befor the first turney.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 PM #27
PYROMAN

Just picked up the registration forms today at the store. Only TWO TEAMS signed up so far.
We still have some time, but lets start getting these in soon boyz.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 AM #28
PYROMAN

Lets start getting those registrations in!! I was at the Fox Store on Monday, and were still at 2 teams.
The more teams we get, the better the event will be. The worst part about late registrations and walk on teams is how it effects the Reffing Staff. We Staff for the teams that we know will be there. If we get a bunch of last minute or walk on teams, then we will be short Staffed, which could lead to bad calls that we simply couldnt see on the field.
Help us help you out by getting in and signing up. Pre reg discount deadline is coming up quick.

WWW.FOXPAINTBALL.COM

And we will have a finalized copy of ALL the event rules to hand out to each Caprain at the team meeting at every event.
Fox PB has a full page on what a Young Guns Tournament Series is all about on their website. Check it out!
Closed Thread