Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 PM #1
TheeOcho

tm 15 questions and opinions

Alrighty, fellas I have been scouring the web for reviews on reviews and opinions on the tm 15 and tm7, and at last I find myself here asking some questions because I feel you all are the most qualified to answer them. Here we go.
I am mere couple days away from buying a gun, and I have heard some amazing things about the tm 15. I can't handle the look of a space gun and I love the fact that this is a mini in a milsim body, fast accurate, durable, and looks great. Super stoked about this gun.

Now here is the thing I know most the people who are having problems are the ones that are going to complain about it more then the people who love there guns. So I have taken everything I have read with a grain of salt and that is why I am posting here. Here are my gripes and what I have heard which is making this a hard decision as to whether I want to buy this gun.

First off the tm 15 looks huge, but the first thing I would do after shooting it and making sure it works properly is doing the soggy mod to get that thing down to a proper length for me.
My question here is, with the soggy mod how big is the gun compared to the tm7?
I like how small the tm7 is but I have heard way to many bad things about it plus the tm-15 seems all round better other then size.

Second set of questions, Have they fixed the solenoid problem on the newer models? and what exactly is the problem? How many of you have run into it? I have heard everything from the stock lube they use is crap, that the eyes are bad, or the solenoid is bad among others. Doesn't seem like there is a definitive answer. What is it really if anyone knows? This has been the biggest issue that has been popping up everywhere and the most concerning to me, one store accounted for 8 of their guns not working. That is insane. I really don't want to have to keep my A-5 if I don't have to just in case this thing craps the bed on me.

Third question, How is the customer service with BT? Again, from what I have read this is all over the board. They are great to they don't return my phone calls. With the solenoid issue some people are having to fix it themselves, some are getting new ones and some are having to clean it out themselves. Let me know about your guys experiences.

I really love the upside to this gun and this gun is the perfect price and there is really nothing else out there unless I want to drop $900 on a bob long mtac (No thanks) and I am not a fan of tippmans anymore. But is the upside to this gun worth all the negatives if they still exist?

Look forward to hearing some responses, Thanks for you help sorry the post is the long.
TheeOcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 PM #2
BIORIP187
Team BIO HAZARD

Mine works great, never had a problem with it at all on my 10th case of paint and still haven't cracked the halves. I am anal about a clean gun but I want it to jam up some what so I can see how much abuse it can take. I am doing a clean at 15 cases no matter whaT. It's been in mud , snow and rain and pretty covered in paint
BIORIP187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:37 PM #3
SRFox

tm15

I dont have much of a response to give you must more so to say good post. I am in a very similar position to you when it comes to this. However, I am pretty sure the TM 15 is next on my list and I will be upgrading from an A5 as well. I can get a new TM15 pretty cheap at 350 so its almost a no brainer.
SRFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 PM #4
quiksilver1011
Instock Paintball

i dont care what anyone says. recently i had one in my store and this thing performed amazingly wth reballs from a rotor. i was actually sad when i sold it but oh well. if i got back into milsim that would be my gun. although i am a tall guy so the length is no problem to me and i actually enjoy it.
quiksilver1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:27 AM #5
TheEnglishGuy

Check http://bt.warrior-online.com/forum/i...oggy-plus-mod/ for a picture comparison of my Soggy Mod+ TM-15 with my TM-7.

They are releasing the new V2 Solenoid today, it's basically an adapter that allows you to use the Mini Solenoid instead of the TM Solenoid. The Mini Solenoid has been around for a while and seems like its bulletproof in comparison to the TM Solenoid. I've also heard that a lot of new TM's are coming with the Copper Piston already installed .. a lot of people have had more luck with that than the silver one. Stock lube is definitely crap but even running clean I have startup issues if I've left the marker unused for a few weeks. It usually sorts itself out quickly but it's still annoying.

My single experience with customer service was very good. Not been happy about their sales communication in general though .. the RipClip took ages to come out without a good reason and the new V2 Solenoid appeared from nowhere.

Even with these issues though, I love my TM's and wouldn't change them.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:42 AM #6
RogueShooter

Well now that I know the TM RC's are out and a legit fix for the solenoid sticking is on the way, MAYBE I'll think about getting back into a TM-series marker. I love the way they shoot, but it has BY FAR been the most maintenance-intensive marker I've ever owned due to all the solenoid cleanings. I don't want to have to strip the gun and clean the solenoid before every game just to be confident it will fire the first time when its turned on.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote