PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM #1
Cap'N Paint
Playing since '05

'05 Spyder Eclectra question

*Sorry for long post and possibley posting int he wrong section, I am just trying to obtain the answer asap. Feel free to skip to end of post.

So guys here the problem, as of now I am using a 09 SLG and everything is amazing about it, i absolutely love it. But this thread is about my starter marker from '05 which was the Spyder Electra Acs.

Now I've had this marker for almost 5 years and really, i only used it for a couple of month's back in 2005 when i first learning the game but have kept it with me because it was my first marker and it has some kind of sentimental value to it.

So a couple weeks ago i decided i would take it out to my local field and play some pick up Xball using it and it really brought back some memories. So now my little cousin is considering entering a local tournament with his friends and needs a marker i told him ill let him use the electra no problem, only thing is that it's not tournament legal.

So now im wondering if i upgrade the board to this Virtue Spyder Board if that would make the gun legal if capped at the tournament settings?

Please if you can help email me or respond to this thread, the tournament is 4/24/10. Thanks in advance.

Help Me Upgrade My '05 Electra Acs

**NEW LONESTAR BANDERA GUITAR F/S/T**
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2010, 09:10 AM #2
WillBunkerforFood
Sku Allstars

WillBunkerforFood plays in the PSP
WillBunkerforFood owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WillBunkerforFood plays in the APPA D3 division
What gave you the idea it isn't "tournament legal"? Most Spyders, at least 6 years ago when I used them, had a "tournament lock" on the board that would make it impossible to change the setting without opening up the gun and removing the lock. I imagine your marker has something similar to that, so I would read the directions. If you were referring to the velocity, there should be a set screw that keeps the velocity from being turned up past a certain point, making it legal for tournaments. Now besides those two, if it just a small tourney at a local field, I can almost guarantee they will not be checking the legality of a Spyder, so long as he doesn't go out there in full auto.

However, one problem you might encounter is that of the rocking trigger. Years ago rulings came down from the national series' rulebooks that defined a trigger a something that must be pulled with one switch, making rocking triggers illegal. Just something to consider as well.

LNIB Orange Sly Profits FS!!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM #3
Cap'N Paint
Playing since '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBunkerforFood View Post

However, one problem you might encounter is that of the rocking trigger. Years ago rulings came down from the national series' rulebooks that defined a trigger a something that must be pulled with one switch, making rocking triggers illegal. Just something to consider as well.
That's what i was referring to, I guess ill just have to ask the for the tournament rules beforehand.

Help Me Upgrade My '05 Electra Acs

**NEW LONESTAR BANDERA GUITAR F/S/T**
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 AM #4
WillBunkerforFood
Sku Allstars

WillBunkerforFood plays in the PSP
WillBunkerforFood owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WillBunkerforFood plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'N Paint View Post
That's what i was referring to, I guess ill just have to ask the for the tournament rules beforehand.
Ya that's the only problem I would forsee, and I don't think changing the board would help any.

LNIB Orange Sly Profits FS!!!!
Closed Thread