Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-14-2010, 12:12 AM #1
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Vanguard Creed Demo Day!!!! At Sc Village At The Big Practice March 28th!!!!!!!!!!

Vanguard USA Demo Day, come out to the Aftermath Arena on March 28, 2010. We will be holding A Full Vanguard Creed Demo to anyone who wants to try out a Vanguard Creed. Come shoot a one of our markers in a real game. We will be holding this for Sunday the 28th only along with having a Vanguard Tent For any information about the markers along with some free Hand outs. We will also Have a Master Vanguard Tech out at the Practice event so if you want to learn anything about this marker or have questions about Vanguard come by the Tent and Look around and shake some hands and Meet some of the Vanguard Family.

AS for the Demoing a Creed , we will allow anyone with a valid Drivers License, Valid Picture ID, or Parent to Have a turn with demoing the Vanguard Creed for one Full round of Play. WE do ask that you please Respect us, Our equipment and what we are trying to do along with the Field we play at. Mike Hingman has allowed us to come out and show off such a great marker at his Arena. We will also have a full line up of the 2010 markers released this season on displayed.

THank you
Eric Roysdon
Master USA Vanguard Tech.

Last edited by SHOOTNPOO : 03-14-2010 at 10:47 PM.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 AM #2
megadeth456
The Trooper

megadeth456 is for the Gunfight
nice. i saw a team out there at SC today shooting creeds.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 PM #3
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Sweet deal.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals, spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:03 PM #4
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
Awesome idea Eric. Once people shoot a creed they'll see what the fuss is about.

Added a link to your news thread to my sig.

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM #5
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I tried out the creed today at SC, so i'll give a small review about what I thought.

When I first got to the booth i was really impressed at how helpful the guys were, they did not only lend me the gun to play with but they chrono'd and adjusted it for me. I currently use an 06 Nexus Ego so immediately when I held this gun I could feel how much lighter it was, nice and balanced too. The guy at the booth told me that it shoots like an Ego/DM mix and he wasnt kidding. The gun shot insanely smooth and it was very consistent and accurate at the chrono so I was excited to take it out for the first game.

I think when i got on the field i had about 3500 psi left in my 68/45. During the game the gun still shot accurate/consistent and i was still very impressed. After the game I checked the tank and i only had about 2500 psi left, so with 2 pods and a hopper i wasted a 1000. This wasn't really a problem because its free air but the guy at the booth told my teammate that we could get 11 pods with a full tank and I just don't see how this is possible getting the efficiency I was getting. I asked the guy about it and he said that it was because the tank wasn't tuned exactly to how the gun was set so I dont know.

Other than that I had a great experience with the gun. I was sad to let it go but all good things come to an end...
Old 03-28-2010, 06:47 PM #6
Rey Mysterio
BallsoHard

Rey Mysterio plays in the PSP
Rey Mysterio owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Rey Mysterio supports Pev's Paintball
Rey Mysterio plays in the APPA D4 division
Rey Mysterio has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome! I hope it helps others seeing how great the creed actually is.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 AM #7
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-G-force View Post
I tried out the creed today at SC, so i'll give a small review about what I thought.

When I first got to the booth i was really impressed at how helpful the guys were, they did not only lend me the gun to play with but they chrono'd and adjusted it for me. I currently use an 06 Nexus Ego so immediately when I held this gun I could feel how much lighter it was, nice and balanced too. The guy at the booth told me that it shoots like an Ego/DM mix and he wasnt kidding. The gun shot insanely smooth and it was very consistent and accurate at the chrono so I was excited to take it out for the first game.

I think when i got on the field i had about 3500 psi left in my 68/45. During the game the gun still shot accurate/consistent and i was still very impressed. After the game I checked the tank and i only had about 2500 psi left, so with 2 pods and a hopper i wasted a 1000. This wasn't really a problem because its free air but the guy at the booth told my teammate that we could get 11 pods with a full tank and I just don't see how this is possible getting the efficiency I was getting. I asked the guy about it and he said that it was because the tank wasn't tuned exactly to how the gun was set so I dont know.

Other than that I had a great experience with the gun. I was sad to let it go but all good things come to an end...
There are different settings depending for HP and LP tanks. If you fool around with your dwell and such you can get better efficiency, but personally I'd rather stick to running the lower LPR pressure.

What you were getting is about 380 shots per 1000 psi. So multiply that by 4(for 4000psi) and you get 1520 shots. which is about 10 pods. Maybe 9 if you leave a bit of air to keep the gun running. With a tight bore and different settings I don't see a problem with 11 pods.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals, spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:07 PM #8
ericthepaintballguy

ericthepaintballguy plays in the APPA D5 division
Actually that's really efficient on air!

1 pod = 140 rounds
1 hopper = 200 rounds (let's say 180)

so 2 pods + 1 hopper = 460 rounds per you said 1000psi

Let's round down to pods only so 3 pods per 1000 psi...so for a 4500psi tank...realistically let's say 4000 do to it being a hot fill

so 3 pods x 4 = 12 pods...and that's rounding down! Someone check my math...is that right?
ericthepaintballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 PM #9
Russ
VANGARD EAST COAST VENDOR

Russ is a founding member
Russ is for the Gunfight
That math is right.... If you have the gun set up right it should get 10 to 11 pods out of a 68-45.. I have had a few get that or really close to that after a good set up. I am sure Eric had the creeds at the booth set up perfect. Have not had time to chat with him about it but I know he would not let a gun go out that was not set right.
Retired "Again"
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote