PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 PM #1
ahheck09
Marq'd For Death

ahheck09 supports Team VICIOUS
Macdev RX question about Up's

Hey guys just got my hands on a beautiful rx. Gold with swapped black parts. Question is I have the following things planned for it (it already has a gold bolt and v2 ram etc):
VP Trigger
Send in the board to Will at Tadao and have him flash it (yay back to the yakuza system!!!!)

but other than barrels etc are there any other ups you can really do to this? whats the deal with it being drilled for 4 eyes? any kits out there yet? are there going to be?

also can anyone tell me why they dont just come out with a color swap system like PE sells for the egos?

any info on any of these points would be greatly appreciated. stoked to be joining the macdev society. love the styling of these guns and really like the more stretched out layout for those of us over 5'2" lol. (being 6'4" the extra space is amazing. egos always annoy me in that field.)

HUGE CHEAP GEAR BAG SALE, NEED TO PAY RENT! HELP!
ahheck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 PM #2
madzozs
Resident Pollack

There isn't anything you need to do to it. The board flash is strictly desire not necessity, and the same goes for the trigger. VP triggers are legit though so I don't think anyone would argue.

Buy my crap
madzozs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 PM #3
ahheck09
Marq'd For Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzozs View Post
There isn't anything you need to do to it. The board flash is strictly desire not necessity, and the same goes for the trigger. VP triggers are legit though so I don't think anyone would argue.
true but im quite partial to the yakuza software. as well as the tengu interface. any info on the eyes? i grew to love the 4 eyes on my closer though again its certainly not necessary just trying to figure it out.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 PM #4
PaoloNY
MacDev Militia Soldier

PaoloNY is BST Trusted
PaoloNY plays in the PSP
PaoloNY donated to help Peyton Trent
PaoloNY supports Team VICIOUS
awesome markers indeed. The only thing I would recommend is a Shift Kit Barrel and a lot of paint and also get rid of the Ego badge now... just kidding

Last edited by PaoloNY : 03-26-2010 at 11:00 PM.
PaoloNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 PM #5
ahheck09
Marq'd For Death

haha yeah. anyone know if they can anno match the barrel tips on the shift kit to the gold of my gun?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:46 PM #6
ahheck09
Marq'd For Death

so what about the 4 eyes? jc

Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 PM #7
PaoloNY
MacDev Militia Soldier

PaoloNY is BST Trusted
PaoloNY plays in the PSP
PaoloNY donated to help Peyton Trent
PaoloNY supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheck09 View Post
so what about the 4 eyes? jc
I think this was talked about some time ago, if I'm not mistaken the 4 eye system like everything else in paintball is patent protected and Macdev made provision for this upgrade but I guess never was able to work something out to make it happen.
PaoloNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 AM #8
ahheck09
Marq'd For Death

haha i have the ego badges cause thats what the my team shoots much to my dismay. im getting them to lemme shoot my RX this season though!. and that figures yet sucks about the 4 eyes. oh well. so really theres nothing much to do to these. lol i love it.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 AM #9
kylec
Yeah Yeah Yeah!

kylec donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheck09 View Post
haha yeah. anyone know if they can anno match the barrel tips on the shift kit to the gold of my gun?
You'd probably have to contact macdev or their annodizer to be sure it would match. The original pre-orders of rx's came with matching shift kits, so you might be able to find someone with a gold shift kit that they would be willing to sell you.

On a side note, I should be receiving a gold rx in the mail in a week or two, so I probably shouldn't have told you that as it will make it less likely for me to find one. But good luck either way

Edit: One upgrade that you didn't mention yet was a clone style feedneck. While it wouldn't be anno'd to match your gun, the feedneck on the clone is shorter. I don't know if they are available seperately yet (I'm looking into it though), but when the clone came out they said that they would fit on the rx. And the tall feedneck on the rx has always been the one thing I didn't like about it.

Last edited by kylec : 03-28-2010 at 02:18 AM.
kylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM #10
ahheck09
Marq'd For Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylec View Post
You'd probably have to contact macdev or their annodizer to be sure it would match. The original pre-orders of rx's came with matching shift kits, so you might be able to find someone with a gold shift kit that they would be willing to sell you.

On a side note, I should be receiving a gold rx in the mail in a week or two, so I probably shouldn't have told you that as it will make it less likely for me to find one. But good luck either way

Edit: One upgrade that you didn't mention yet was a clone style feedneck. While it wouldn't be anno'd to match your gun, the feedneck on the clone is shorter. I don't know if they are available seperately yet (I'm looking into it though), but when the clone came out they said that they would fit on the rx. And the tall feedneck on the rx has always been the one thing I didn't like about it.
haha yeah i dont quite have the cash for the kit right now. oh well ill get one soon enough. but yeah let me know what you find on that feedneck, thats one of my only complaints thus far about this gorgeous gun