Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 AM #22
mjshotty
Mikey... he likes it

Well I just sold off my geo and I picked up a SL8R but I've been using the DW with all my markers for a couple months. I love love loved it with the geo since the geo's so small and light. I thought it made for a great balance, but sound sig was a problem when using the prophecy... it was too quiet and it wouldn't feed haha

I have heard of problems with the alignment on many early model barrels using freak inserts, no problems with mine the inserts are snug and it fits perfect on all my markers. I feel bad even having UL and CP barrels cuz they just sit in my bag.
mjshotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 AM #23
viperashes
DON'T GIVE A ****

viperashes is Legendary
viperashes is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
I think viper boi had a set of dw previously.
Yup, I still have it. I use it occasionally with my SL94, and used it previously when I was shooting a Geo w/ GST. With the way I tuned the Geo I was shooting and the DW barrel, I could ghost all day. It truely does affect the sound signature for the better with the right tuning setup on a Geo. I've noticed a small difference in sound signature with my 94 as well, but being that it's already about as quiet as a decently tuned stock Geo, I like to stick to my SL2 kit, mainly because of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg View Post
I thought DW barrels were nice the only thing that bothered me was my gun felt unbalanced imo
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I'm guessing that there will be an o-ring groove inside the back of the barrel, and that you need to push the o-ring in to the back of the barrel until it catches in the groove.
Yes, there's an oring inside of the breech of the barrel that holds the insert in place.

It really is a finely crafted barrel. It's one of, if not the only carbon fiber barrel that you can run a fluffy stick through without worrying about scratching the inside of the barrel. Being that SP went out of business, and currently, the Freak inserts are no longer being produced, I hope that DW picks up that patent for the inserts.

"**** it. You only live once. You can't take your money with you, so spend it on **** you want. You can't take your **** with you, so make sure you break it before you leave." - Me

Lefties make it looser
viperashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 AM #24
Gas Man

Gas Man is playing at Living Legends III
Gas Man owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gas Man is for the Gunfight
So all of the DW barrels have an oring ?....ok cool they are sending me some orings.

There wasnt any info that came with the barrel that stated there was an oring or what size it was in case you had to replace the oring.

Thanks for the info, I will update once the orings get to me
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 AM #25
viperashes
DON'T GIVE A ****

viperashes is Legendary
viperashes is attending Decay of Nations VII
Yeah it fits into a groove about 3/4" - 1" into the back of the barrel.

"**** it. You only live once. You can't take your money with you, so spend it on **** you want. You can't take your **** with you, so make sure you break it before you leave." - Me

Lefties make it looser
viperashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:48 PM #26
jAy24uu88H

I had heard that dye had purchased the patent, but I do not know if that is true..... when I was at psp phoenix this past weekend I was talking do the guy at the DW tent and he said he heard something like that as well but he didn't know if it was true either... he was also talking about the freak inserts being made under like gi milsim... but who knows
jAy24uu88H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 AM #27
Gas Man

Gas Man is playing at Living Legends III
Gas Man owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gas Man is for the Gunfight
does any one have any idea what the size of the orings are?..I am still waiting for them to send orings....benn a few weeks now
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote