Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 02:02 AM #1
whatsnipes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
The Gospel

There is one God and He is the creator of heaven and earth. He created all humans in His image with dignity value worth and respect and to worship Him to bring glory to Him. Yet we chose to disobey Him and go our own way. We choose to become our own god and essentially make ourself an idol. an athiest isn't someone who doesn't believe in god he believes that he is god. Declaring right and wrong assuming he is superior to everyone else. The wages of sin is death and God in His just Holiness deserves to punish every human being on earth in hell and eternal torment. However in His loving kind grace and mercy came down to this earth in human flesh, Jesus Christ, born of a virgin. He lived the life we could never life and died the death we all deserve to die. And he resurrected over Satan, sin, death and demons. And Jesus Christ will come back to judge the living and the dead. And every person in heaven and earth and under earth will bow on their knees before Him and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. tHOSE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS LIFE DEATH AND RESURRECTION WILL BE SAVED
__________________
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1507437
FEEDBACK +23 -0

John 3:16
whatsnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM #2
Rendezvous with Deth
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Rendezvous with Deth is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Cool story, bro.
Rendezvous with Deth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM #3
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
k?
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:35 PM #4
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsnipes View Post
...Yet we chose to disobey Him and go our own way.
I'm still waiting for my instructions. God must have missed me or something.

Quote:
an athiest isn't someone who doesn't believe in god he believes that he is god.
You don't know many atheists, do you. Heck, you can't even spell it.
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:12 PM #5
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
and to worship Him to bring glory to Him.
God created us so we could worship him and glorify him? If you created a population of sentient robots would you want them to spend all their time worshiping you and bringing glory to you? Would you send them to hell for eternity if they didn't worship you?
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM #6
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules
 
270KIDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I feel like this whatsnipes is a troll.


Felt like this needed to be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Would you send them to hell for eternity if they didn't worship you?
You aren't sent to Hell for not worshipping him.
You send yourself to Hell because you cannot go to Heaven with a sinful soul. Heaven is perfect and a sinful soul cannot be in Heaven or it wouldn't really be Heaven.
__________________
ST:S:F - 2010 Co-UNK Memorial Relentless Troll of the Year

"Originally posted by Nips80: You are the best poster ever! I wish I could be like you!"
"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: Please teach me how to be as awesome as you!"
"Originally posted by Treghc: You are my hero and my idol. If you were gay like me, I would totally make love to you."
"Originally posted by Umami: Please let me have your babies. I want my children to have at least one parent that isn't retarded."
270KIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:59 PM #7
Krring
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Cool **** man,

So there's the father, the son and the holy spirit and together they are described to be a god. Now, first God creates everything we know including Adam. Only then this omnipotent creature figures out that Adam can't handle all that **** in Paradise alone. So this omnipotent creature just created something that he had to patch up then because it wasn't working. Well, things happen to everybody.

Now at some point God figures out that things on Earth are going down the ****ter and that the humans that he created as an omnipotent creature, are not working correctly. Therefore he floods the whole bunch and starts over, now you would figure **** really was taken care of, right? No wai man.

At some point this omnipotent creature, even though he couldn't see the need for Eve in the first place, figures out that no matter what, the man is going to do sin now and in the future. So he sends his own incarnation to the Earth to preach the word and convert people to better ways to live their lives.

This is the part I really really don't get: God is all these three things; the son, the father and the holy spirit. God created man as his own image. Then he gets upset how his own image behaves and sends his own incarnation to the Earth to get killed by his own image to please himself and to pay for the sins he can see committed by his own image in the future. Say what?
Krring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM #8
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη
 
 
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
I feel like this whatsnipes is a troll.


Felt like this needed to be fixed.


You aren't sent to Hell for not worshipping him.
You send yourself to Hell because you cannot go to Heaven with a sinful soul. Heaven is perfect and a sinful soul cannot be in Heaven or it wouldn't really be Heaven.
I'm not sure how valid it is to say that a soul can be sinful. But, seeing as how I haven't read much on that, that is all I can say on the subject. I guess the answer to the question "From whence comes evil?" would also be the answer to the question of whether the soul can be evil.

I have been asked numerous times how someone as "evil" as Hitler or Stalin could end up in heaven, however. And I have heard the "evil men cannot be in perfect heaven" argument before, though not necessarily in the context of souls. We condemned both of them for the grievous crime they committed against mankind, but God offers forgiveness. Even from God's standpoint, we who have committed the least of transgressions are as deserving of death as the former. Surely, Paul writing that there is no man who is righteous was not hyperbole. so you would agree with me, unless you are a full-fledged calvinist, and the texts would hold witness to the fact that Jesus died to save the souls of the many. The way I see it, if universal salvation does not occur at some specific point in eternity, then Christ's sacrifice was in vain, because his death, which had the power to overcome the sin of the world, introduced into the world through the first man, FAILED to do so.

Some may say it is not fair, that a Christian and a die-hard atheist would have the same fate, but that thinking would be rooted in selfishness, for Christ mentions in one of his parables that the man who toiled for all of the day received the same wage as the man who worked an hour. But in the same way, neither is it fair that anyone should go to hell simply for not feeling there is enough evidence to believe in a god, and especially not a specific one.

And so you see, that this must be "The Gospel," for, if one man perishes, then there ceases to be any good news, and that way has failed.

EDIT: Also, I don't think the OP is a troll...
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:24 PM #9
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.
 
Fubarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Richmond, WI
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
God created us so we could worship him and glorify him? If you created a population of sentient robots would you want them to spend all their time worshiping you and bringing glory to you?
I spent some time pondering this not too long ago. If you think about it from a certain direction, original sin could be thought of as one of God's first gifts. But I won't clutter up this thread with it at this time. I'll ponder it some more and make a new thread.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:25 PM #10
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
You aren't sent to Hell for not worshipping him.
You send yourself to Hell because you cannot go to Heaven with a sinful soul. Heaven is perfect and a sinful soul cannot be in Heaven or it wouldn't really be Heaven.
How does my soul become sinful, and what techniques are available to rid my soul of its sinfulness?
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:46 PM #11
Laureate
strength beyond strength
 
Laureate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
what techniques are available to rid my soul of its sinfulness?
teh bleach
__________________
ST:F - Playin with the boys
Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 PM #12
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
AVE SATANI!

Hail eternal death!
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 PM #13
Laureate
strength beyond strength
 
Laureate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Leader View Post
AVE SATANI!

Hail eternal death!
Did you get your name from star wars?
__________________
ST:F - Playin with the boys
Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 PM #14
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureate View Post
Did you get your name from star wars?
indeed.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 PM #15
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureate View Post
teh bleach
Nope, tried it. My soul is still so stinky that God won't visit me.
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:20 PM #16
Gisgo09
vGisgo
 
Gisgo09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Livonia, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsnipes View Post
an athiest isn't someone who doesn't believe in god he believes that he is god. Declaring right and wrong assuming he is superior to everyone else.
1. Use a dictionary and don't assume you have the ability to change the accepted meaning of a word because you say so.

2. If someone doesn't believe in a god, how can they believe they are God?

3. As an atheist I can tell you you're wrong.

4. You forgot to put the "I believe" in front of your statement, because you don't truly know any of what you said to be true.
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.
"Thats a lot of Romans over there." "Yes but not one of them is Gisgo." Hannibal Barca and general Gisgo before the battle of Cannae in 216 BC.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:47 PM #17
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη
 
 
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Nope, tried it. My soul is still so stinky that God won't visit me.
Well, if bleach doesn't work... you're screwed.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:10 PM #18
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump