PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2010, 04:27 PM #1
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Reg adjustment Screw

So I built myself a reg pressure tester. With my ninja 68/4500 I am seeing approx 130 psi when the reg adjustment screw is just a hair past (out) from being flush with the bottom edge of the regulator ... and this is giving me approx 265 FPS over the chrono.

Now, on every other gun ive ever used, normally the adjustment screw sits up within the reg body when set - this is sticking out just past.

Is this normal or do I have some other issues going on.

Ive read about the GST kit having some sort of hole that must not be sealed up. I noticed a counter sunk hole in the can right behind the front 2 orings. Inside this countersink is a TINY PIN HOLE. Is this the hole that they are referring to and is it supposed to be so damn tiny or should it be drilled out to the size of the divot?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:32 PM #2
homeskilly_antny

homeskilly_antny supports DLX Technology
is your ninja tank high pressure? because i had that same problem w/ my guerrilla air myth 2 reg which is a mid output 600-650 psi. i replaced the spring on my hpr w/ the low pressure spring from planet eclipse and that solved my problem. screw is no longer almost all the way out and i now have greater range when futzing with velocity. geo was made for use with high pressure regs in mind 800-850psi.
homeskilly_antny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:59 PM #3
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

I believe the reg is an HP. I havent removed/added shims so i would say it is.

I wiped a bit of lube off the bolt and cleaned the pin hole on the GST since it was filled with lube.

A re-chrono put me into the 280 range so I had to turn down the reg and it now resides in the reg body to achieve 265-270 so that may just be it
Old 03-21-2010, 08:19 PM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The pin hole should be just that - a tiny pin hole. If the hole is too large, air from the firing chamber will be vented when the solenoid switches, leading to air being lost, and a reduction in velocity and efficiency.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:24 PM #5
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Sounds like everything is functioning as it should. Lube the Geo very lightly. Don't worry about the adjustment screw being outside of the body.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:50 PM #6
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Sounds like everything is functioning as it should. Lube the Geo very lightly. Don't worry about the adjustment screw being outside of the body.
"Don't worry about the adjustment screw being outside of the body."

I to was having this issue and I took it to PSP Phx at the PE booth and it was tech'd. They stated that it should not be exposed as that it could be overpressurizing the gun. They tech'd it and said there was nothing wrong and that my ninja reg could be the culprit.

Ok, so before I go and buy a new tank, if the tech thing did not work, if I add the LP spring into my reg will there be issues with a mid-hp tank? Thanks in advance.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:23 PM #7
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The output pressure of the regulator is not indicative of a condition that could cause damage to your gun. I have no idea why they would have told you that. To properly test it, the regulator should be hooked up to a gauge to verify the output pressure. If that is correct, the position of the screw is a moot point.

Adding an LP spring will give you the ability to blow your solenoid if not used with an LP tank.

Last edited by xluben : 03-22-2010 at 07:36 AM.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:00 AM #8
Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
The output pressure of the regulator is not indicative of a condition that could cause damage to your gun. I have no idea why they would have told you that. To properly test it, the regulator should be hooked up to a gauge to verify the output pressure. If that is correct, the position of the screw is a moot point.

Adding an LP spring will give you the ability to blow your reg if not used with an LP tank.

Ok, good to know. I will begin the process of testing tanks to see which will be the best.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 AM #9
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I think that last statement should refer to blowing the solenoid, not the reg.

Yes, using the LP reg spring will increase the maximum pressure output of the Geo's inline reg, and could get you good velocity without having to have the adjustment screw out so far. However, as Ben has stated, it also removes the limitation on the output of the reg, which is there for a reason - to prevent you from sending too much pressure through the solenoid.

It isn't uncommon for the pressure adjuster screw on a Geo to be out beyond the bottom of the reg, and nothing to worry too much about.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:08 AM #10
Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I think that last statement should refer to blowing the solenoid, not the reg.

Yes, using the LP reg spring will increase the maximum pressure output of the Geo's inline reg, and could get you good velocity without having to have the adjustment screw out so far. However, as Ben has stated, it also removes the limitation on the output of the reg, which is there for a reason - to prevent you from sending too much pressure through the solenoid.

It isn't uncommon for the pressure adjuster screw on a Geo to be out beyond the bottom of the reg, and nothing to worry too much about.

Awesome to hear. Thanks guys.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:05 AM #11
Shadow Crow
Mid-back-front

Shadow Crow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
...It isn't uncommon for the pressure adjuster screw on a Geo to be out beyond the bottom of the reg, and nothing to worry too much about.
Mine is flush when it works at 8.5 dwell, without GST, and with a .686 lucky 15 barrel... Right now I took this barrel out and put it in my cocker, since my friend will be using my geo at the tourney we're gonna attend to this week... So the Geo, with this same dwell, and the original .693 barrel (much less efficient) has to be with the reg screw sticking out in order to reach the same speed.

A LOT OF ISSUES IN THIS MARKER CAN BE SOLVED WITH A GOOD PAINT TO BARREL MATCH.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 AM #12
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

I have a .685 SL and .689 Shaft3 back coming in so Ill test that out too
Old 03-22-2010, 08:17 PM #13
homeskilly_antny

homeskilly_antny supports DLX Technology
ya if you're not having any issues with the Geo shooting then don't worry about the adjuster screw being out past the body. i only switched to the low pressure inline spring because i couldn't get my geo to shoot past 270 fps w/ a mid output reg. and since both my tanks have a myth 2 reg which is mid output, i'm not worried about blowing my noid. not a fan of overboring so i say match paint to barrel, but underboring will give you more fps so you could use the .685 back. i think xluben had a video of how overboring, matching paint, and underboring effect velocity. you should check it out.
homeskilly_antny is offline   Reply With Quote