Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-01-2010, 06:14 PM #1
jpend

New owner of 09 SLG!!!

what up guys. I am relatively new to paintball. Just bought an SLG, and I cant wait to get out. It should be here in a few days. Now I need to get everything else.
jpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2010, 07:26 PM #2
mcbunker

has been a member for 10 years
By everything else, do you mean tank, hopper, and mask? what are you planning on picking up?
mcbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 PM #3
jpend

yes, tank, hopper, and mask. I am going to Quickshot tomorrow to try on masks. The tank and hopper i am still trying to figure out what would work. Do you think the Proto Primo loader would work for now? I am on a little bit of a budget, and this would be the first electronic marker I am using. (only used rental, i.e. 98c). So i dont think I will be going crazy shooting so much my hopper cant keep up. But what do you think?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:02 PM #4
mcruz121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpend View Post
yes, tank, hopper, and mask. I am going to Quickshot tomorrow to try on masks. The tank and hopper i am still trying to figure out what would work. Do you think the Proto Primo loader would work for now? I am on a little bit of a budget, and this would be the first electronic marker I am using. (only used rental, i.e. 98c). So i dont think I will be going crazy shooting so much my hopper cant keep up. But what do you think?
You can get a cheap electric hopper such as the egg 2 on ebay for the same price as a used primo. Go for an electric hopper because when you start shooting an electric gun its always hard to stop.
mcruz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 PM #5
mcbunker

has been a member for 10 years
also try looking here on the nation, you most likely will find a cheap halo for 40-50 bucks, which are great loaders. Since your on a budget, if you can handle a little bit of weight i would suggest picking up a pure energy steel tank, for around 50$ too.
mcbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 PM #6
jpend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz121 View Post
You can get a cheap electric hopper such as the egg 2 on ebay for the same price as a used primo. Go for an electric hopper because when you start shooting an electric gun its always hard to stop.
Yea guess you are right. Once I get the hang of it, it will be hard to stop. lol. how about he viewloader, worth looking at? Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbunker View Post
also try looking here on the nation, you most likely will find a cheap halo for 40-50 bucks, which are great loaders. Since your on a budget, if you can handle a little bit of weight i would suggest picking up a pure energy steel tank, for around 50$ too.
yea, the fibers are a little out of range right now. Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 PM #7
jpend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz121 View Post
"egg 2", "viewloader", I know, what a noob. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:44 PM #8
jferkin
Kenosha Baller

jferkin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
get a used halo.. Im getting one for 35....
For a mask Id get some jt proflexes..
jferkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 AM #9
jpend

got a pair of flex 8s, and a 48/3 tank to start with. still looking around for a hopper.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:14 PM #10
NickThePumpPlaya

NickThePumpPlaya supports Team VICIOUS
jump ahead and buy a rotor youll thank me instead of buying a halo and selling it for half the price or it breaking buy a rotor save that money i wish i had.

EEYORE
NickThePumpPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 AM #11
jpend

rotor is not in the budget right now. i wish i could though. got an egg 2, brand new at Dicks for $30 though.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:53 PM #12
tnpbplayer

i personally think an egg 2 is an awesome hopper for the price i had one for a year with no issues and it feeds plenty fast

also look for carbon tanks that are only rated for 3000 much better than a steelie
tnpbplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 AM #13
jpend

Well i shot 1000 balls thru it last nite. So far so good. Not one chopped ball. I tried it out in PSP @ 11bps. It shoots nice. Couldn't believe how accurate it is for a stock barrel, and just a cheap case of paint. The balls are small too. They roll right thru the barrel(checking for match). Cant wait till I find a good paint match. Maybe a Barrel Kit is in the near future.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 AM #14
St3alth-Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpend View Post
Well i shot 1000 balls thru it last nite. So far so good. Not one chopped ball. I tried it out in PSP @ 11bps. It shoots nice. Couldn't believe how accurate it is for a stock barrel, and just a cheap case of paint. The balls are small too. They roll right thru the barrel(checking for match). Cant wait till I find a good paint match. Maybe a Barrel Kit is in the near future.
Glad you are having a good experience with yours I just got mine and am sending it to Dye tomorrow for repairs. Bleh.
St3alth-Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:16 PM #15
BaSeBaLLah

yea i bought a a-5 h.e. grip and the board was shot out of the box and i had 200 bucks just layin around and i went to academy with some friends just messin around and saw a camo slg for 180 on sale so i bought it. and i just gott a invert halo too loader. the setup is pretty beast right now and ive shot 550 rounds of monster balls(like a couple of years old and dented) and i didnt break one. and by the way i feel no need for a fiber dude, my steelie works perfect and can take alot of thrashing
BaSeBaLLah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:47 AM #16
dkim01

I wouldn't be so thrilled about Monster balls not breaking. They're notorious for not breaking at all period. They don't even break when you step on them sometimes. A better test is shooting something like Evil in 40-50 degree weather.
dkim01 is offline   Reply With Quote