Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-20-2010, 11:52 PM #1
saranglinux

CCM S6 PSI Output. Factory setting vs 300psi

So ive seen the videos that TF from pumpenstein posted on how to set the velocity that will make the gun more efficient and shoot better with it's sweet spot. He says that the factory sends out the guns at 350 psi but he recommends 300psi. In his video he says that at 300 psi and with the ivg turned 3 revolutions from flush, it should sit around 300fps. Now what i dont understand is that my gun was left in factory settings and to get up to 300fps it would require maybe 4-5turns compared to the 3turns that TF does in his video. It confuses me because i assumed that by lowering the psi output on the regulator, it would require more compensation through the ivg...but it doesnt or so he claims in his video. So im kind of in a dilemna on whether to set my reg at 300 but i really do not want to have to overcompensate through tighter spring pressure in the ivg to make up for the 50psi loss. Someone please help me out

another question i have is what is the downside of over compensating on the ivg to get the needed fps for a ccm marker. Could other factors such as paint, spring tension be affecting my results? I really want to test for myself different psi outputs on the reg but i just dont know how to make the tool for it.

Last edited by saranglinux : 03-20-2010 at 11:58 PM.
saranglinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 AM #2
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
no 2 makers are alike the video is merely a guide. its one of those if aint broke dont fix it kind of deals.

there is no down side to adjusting the ivg for velocity unless your input psi is way off. and yes barrel and paint are always a factor

1.get a regular paintball gauge that is rated for over 400+ reading and get an on /off asa.

2.remove macro fitting on on/off

3.screw gauge into the on/ off

4. screw reg into on/off

5.enjoy your new reg output reader

Last edited by EvilAuthorityX : 03-21-2010 at 12:26 AM.
EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:27 AM #3
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

i thought it was ivg 2 turns in from flush, bring reg up to max output (to the point where it starts to drop back down fps wise), and then always adjusted from ivg there after...........

D~
- UWL - Dirt, Woods, Camo
- HK ARMY - Keeping you fresHHHHHHH!
- Inception Designs - Innovation from inspiration.
- BattleGroundz Paintball -
Ph4n7oM 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 AM #4
saranglinux

wouldnt that just be inefficient? there has to be a balance of the spring pressure of the ivg and the psi output of the reg
saranglinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:26 AM #5
zachPPK
-/\-^-/\-^-/\-^------

zachPPK donated to help Peyton Trent
zachPPK supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4n7oM 3 View Post
i thought it was ivg 2 turns in from flush, bring reg up to max output (to the point where it starts to drop back down fps wise), and then always adjusted from ivg there after...........

D~
that would be how to sweetspot a regulator. which is what most people do. From what i understand 300 psi is right around the s6's sweetspot anyways. With an s6 it seems to be ok to just set the reg to 300 psi and leave it be.
oh and in the video he says that he sends out the ss25's out at 350 psi not the s6's.

Last edited by zachPPK : 03-21-2010 at 01:29 AM.
zachPPK is offline   Reply With Quote