PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-23-2004, 10:18 AM #64
chopper

has been a member for 10 years
That is what the manufactures claim, not me, so I don't know. I am just telling you what they have told us.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2004, 05:28 PM #65
Dist26
A-Town Balla

so can you chexck yrou gun at the robot prior to teh tournament to see if it is legal or not? or is simply a roll of the dice everytie you but a gun to determine if its legal or not?
Old 07-23-2004, 05:37 PM #66
TEALCOBRA
ILL $630$

As it sits right now, It's just a roll of the dice. That's our teams MAJOR complaint... how can we adhere to the rules if we're not able to use the device that they test them by.... It would be like not having a chrono range and then saying everyone must be under 300 FPS on the field... then during play chrono'ing people at random and pulling 1 for 1's for it.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:19 PM #67
zeerow

I posted this earlier in the other thread about Chop Shop..I think it explains what the 665 guys are trying to say:

Ok, this is how I see it. If they are going to have a rule, they need to make it possible for all teams to be sure they are following said rule. I don't care if it's expensive and alot of work..if they're going to make it a rule, they can't halfass it.

You can't expect teams to stay within the rules on sheer guesstimation. They need to be able to test, otherwise they will never know for sure if they are entirely following the rules. It'd be pure luck of the draw.

That's like having a FPS rule with only one chrono at the entire event. People would just set up their guns to what they THINK is around the right FPS, and then go play. If a ref thought they were shooting hot, they'd be taken to the one chrono they have and tested.

Sure, that's a bit extreme, but it's basically the same thing. You can't make a rule and not have the means for players to make sure they are following said rule. It's a disservice to all the players, and I personally don't think it's right. It has nothing to do with whether or not a couple BPS over getting a DQ is a harsh judgement, it's just the fact that players have no way of knowing. That's just weak.

There's my .02