PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM #1
Young-Gun
"~Missouri Reign~"

GEO leak after install of ST-kit

ok so I put my new ST-kit in my gun after not playing for a few months then went out for a day of play everything went fine until after i started a game i can hear a leak in the gun. if i degas it and let it purge then re air it it doesnt leak shoot about 5 times and it starts hissing, i thought maybe the batter so put in a new one then looked at orings and replace the one on the inside of the fire can that the bolt rides on still leaked, so i moved on to dwell thought with the new kit it might need more timing so i took it from 10.5 to 11.5 still leaking then to 12.5 still leaking..... im out of ideas help please?
Young-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM #2
Fenix

Fenix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fenix owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fenix supports Team VICIOUS
Did you relube the whole drive train? What happens when you put the dwell to 14.5?
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:36 PM #3
Young-Gun
"~Missouri Reign~"

ya i lubed it all just like jack shows in the vids when i installed the kit and i dont think a 14.5 dwell is necessary.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 PM #4
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is playing at Living Legends VII
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-Gun View Post
ya i lubed it all just like jack shows in the vids when i installed the kit and i dont think a 14.5 dwell is necessary.
The instructions state that the ST kit is recommended to use a dwell of 13.5-14.5ms for its break-in period.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:08 PM #5
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
piggman2 plays in the PSP
piggman2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
If It's leaking out the barrel it's most likely a lube related (o-ring sizing) issue. But the dwell on the other hand should be what's recommended by PE.

Everyone I know is in one of two categories,

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
piggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:15 PM #6
Young-Gun
"~Missouri Reign~"

well ok i guess i will try more dwell ....i just have never herd of a gun requiring that much dwell
Old 03-09-2010, 09:55 PM #7
devodem

Quote:
well ok i guess i will try more dwell ....i just have never herd of a gun requiring that much dwell
i was having a similar problem. I installed my ST bold but after i did i had to crank my regulator wide open to even reach 250. then i had to push my dwell up to almost 20 for it to shot somewhat decently. I took it to my local shop for them to take a look at. It was the Volume Restrictors that came with the bolt kit. For what ever reason it was causing my gun to act crazy. once they took it out and reset my dwell back to factory setting my baby was back to normal and i was out on the field layin paint.
devodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 PM #8
C*R*A*S*H

C*R*A*S*H owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by devodem View Post
i was having a similar problem. I installed my ST bold but after i did i had to crank my regulator wide open to even reach 250. then i had to push my dwell up to almost 20 for it to shot somewhat decently. I took it to my local shop for them to take a look at. It was the Volume Restrictors that came with the bolt kit. For what ever reason it was causing my gun to act crazy. once they took it out and reset my dwell back to factory setting my baby was back to normal and i was out on the field layin paint.
Maybe because the volume reducers were designed to drop the velocity of the marker!

It amazes me how many people fit the volume reducers without knowing what they are even for!

And Young-Gun, if you have never heard of a marker needing a dwell setting of 14.5 then read the instructions that came with you GST bolt! Im pretty sure planet got it right when they wrote them.

Last edited by C*R*A*S*H : 03-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.
C*R*A*S*H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 PM #9
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
MisfitKillaz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Im guessing this is your first gun that you can even adjust the dwell on...
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 PM #10
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by C*R*A*S*H View Post
Maybe because the volume reducers were designed to drop the velocity of the marker!

It amazes me how many people fit the volume reducers without knowing what they are even for!
I mean you would think the name, volume RESTRICTORS would have set off some red flags.
texaspaintballplpaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:47 AM #11
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Young Gun,

How old is the gun in question? Can you provide me with the serial number and colour as well as your full name and address and warranty details?

Also with the stock parts in place, does the marker exhibit the same symptoms?

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 AM #12
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Kind of redundant seeing as Nicky is on the case and will no doubt get you sorted out, but where is the leak coming from exactly?

Just for info, stock dwell for the Geo is 12.5ms, and due to the slower cycle of the ST kit, it is suggested that you increase the dwell by 2ms - the extra dwell takes in to account the longer time taken for the bolt to open, with the intention of giving you the same time for the bolt to be forwards and air to flow. With a slower cycle, if you left the dwell the same, that would mean that the extra time taken for the bolt to open would eat in to the time allowed for air to flow. So the "stock" dwell time for a Geo with the ST kit installed would be 14.5ms. Yes, you can dwell tune, and may get your dwell down from there, but 14.5ms would be the starting point.

As for never having come across a marker with such a long dwell time, 16ms was the stock dwell setting for the Ego7 and 18ms is the stock dwell setting for DMs and Pms. I guess it all depends what markers you have used.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:55 PM #13
archang3l378

Also when you play in cold weather you usually would need to raise the dwell on most markers so that the gun is easier on the paint. This is true for nearly all electronic marker, with the exception of say a spyder, to my knowledge. I would either have a certified pe tech look at your marker or send it to PE themselves. Then as they are servicing your marker, I would then take the time to re-read the manual.
archang3l378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 AM #14
VrelicV

VrelicV is BST Trusted
I don't think it's his dwell. It sounds like the leak may be coming from the rear of the bolt where VVC is. I've seen leaks come from there a couple of times that sound kind of similar to the one your talking about.

But as Uziel said now that Nicky T has seen your issue you probably have all the help you need

.Certified Eclipse Tech.

TNN Crew
VrelicV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 PM #15
Young-Gun
"~Missouri Reign~"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
Young Gun,

How old is the gun in question? Can you provide me with the serial number and colour as well as your full name and address and warranty details?

Also with the stock parts in place, does the marker exhibit the same symptoms?

Nicky T
00748 is my serial number
Daniel Brozovich
p.o. box 278
Osage beach MO, 65065

it didnt do this with the stock kit installed
thanks for your concern
Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 AM #16
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
00748 is my serial number
Daniel Brozovich
p.o. box 278
Osage beach MO, 65065

it didnt do this with the stock kit installed
thanks for your concern
Thanks for the info.

Have you tried the marker with the GST Kit installed, NO volume restrictors in place and the dwell set to 14.5ms?

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 AM #17
coyut
PE Tech and www.341.ch

coyut owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coyut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Maybee i'm missing something...
Did you located the leak? Where does it leak exactly?

A detailed description would help to get some more ideas on what it could be and what we could keep out of focus.

Selling my Coyut SL74
coyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 AM #18
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I don't think you have missed it - hasn't been mentioned since i asked the same question.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote