PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2010, 10:03 PM #1
goofy-4wheeler-kid

goofy-4wheeler-kid donated to help Peyton Trent
goofy-4wheeler-kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paint to main tank main gun(s) question

Ok, so I am in the process of gradually building a tank. I cant afford the pallet carousel yet, so for now we are going to mount 4 tippman 98s on top of the tank, one on each side of the turret opening. Here is my question though, how can I get paint to all of them reliably w/o spending a fortune? any help is appreciated

ctrgoofy@gmail.com
goofy-4wheeler-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2010, 10:21 PM #2
DasWolfenstein

Put lots q loader systems to all of them since you wont be able to shoot very fast with tippys. You most likely should just buy an ego06 or 07 and make your turret rotate.
DasWolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 AM #3
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

rig some kind of fill station . use some pvc pipe or something to fabricate a feed system, make it go to a big tub filled with paintballs. but if you dont want to spend a fortune why the hell are you using 4 guns in your turret lol. you know how much paint thats going to cost you?

you could also use the bigger a5 hoppers and load individually

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 AM #4
CritterOKC
Devil's Brigade

Never gunned in a tank before, so my advice might be completely wrong, but generally from what I've seen someone in your situation would just have a small hole (barrel size or slightly bigger) on each of the four sides of the turret. Then you can have one gun which you can switch from side to side. Then grab yourself a 450 round hopper, strap some pods in the turret, and go to town.
CritterOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 PM #5
The Jersey Devil

(wrote something mirroing what Critter said and then saw what he said) but to that i say ditto!!!

keeping it simple for now cant hurt. every penny saved can go to the purchase of the spinning turret and some fixed markers.
Proudly Sponsored by
Cousins, Manchester NJ
Urban Ops.
The Jersey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM #6
splntercell
TopGun Knight

Could always make your own turret ring out of a couple pieces of plywood and some casters. It wouln't be as smooth as a pallet carousel but it will work.
splntercell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM #7
goofy-4wheeler-kid

thanks for the advice guys. I am getting the tippmans for next to nothing, so I am going to mount them, then once I get the carousel Im just mounting a double trouble.

ctrgoofy@gmail.com
Old 03-09-2010, 05:59 PM #8
timmy41

4 tippmans placed in a single turret facing 4 ways is going to take up a LOT of room.
if i were you, id put 2 linked together facing one direction in the turret, a spare that can be placed in any other port as needed, and one for the driver so that he can cover other tanks or your front when the gun is busy shooting other guys.
but thats just me
timmy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 PM #9
goofy-4wheeler-kid

i like that idea. thanks

ctrgoofy@gmail.com
Old 03-10-2010, 06:26 PM #10
Bunkerd86
Consider it done.

Annual Supporting Member
Bunkerd86 is BST Legit
Bunkerd86 is an NCPA player
I bet you could use warp feeds on each gun to pull paint from some sort of main box with an agitator
Bunkerd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 PM #11
goofy-4wheeler-kid

^ that was my original idea, but everyone wants like $70ea for their warp feeds

ctrgoofy@gmail.com
Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 PM #12
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Did you see these post discussing turret designs and options.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3336566
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:53 PM #13
goofy-4wheeler-kid

yes, that is where I learned about the pallet carousel that I just ordered, lol. thanks

ctrgoofy@gmail.com
Old 03-15-2010, 07:53 PM #14
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I pondered this for my walking tank. A 1000-2000 round hopper instead of feeding it with pods into a stock hopper manually. Ran into several design issues. One you WON'T have is how to keep from breaking paint inside the hopper when you trip and fall down...

Still, the tank "roads" can be pretty rough thrashing paint around in a big bin. You should consider the possibility of breakage in the bin. Gooh would be bad and paint is expensive to just throw away 1000 rounds.

I considered 1/4" foam lining and vertical baffles that are padded as well. I was guessing that the baffles should extend down from the top and have about 1" clearance above the floor of the bin. That way they would keep from thrashing around but still feed into the bottom layer without jamming up.

They would still roll on it if it was a firm foam that doesn't take a "set" when they have 6 inches of paintballs stacked on top of the bottom layer. I don't think we would have a problem with NOT agitating the hopper enough to keep feeding. I planned to slope the floor of the bin to a feed chute.

Something that feeds one ball at a time would be troublesome for potential jamming going from the bin into a hose. If you WANT to go there I can tell you exactly what to use. A flex hose that will not kink or collapse that will slip fit over a marker ball feed neck. Old paint is JUST swollen enough out of round to hang up a bit. But Fresh paint is no problem.

Guys that HAVE done this use a 2" diameter ball chute that feeds into a standard hopper. Then the hopper agitator feeds, the marker. The ball chute feeds the hopper. You cannot stack a lot of weight directly on a hopper agitator. The weight will stall it or turn it into a blender.

So if I was going to do one I would feed from the bin, down a 2" dia ball chute to various Y fittings going to each marker. All sloping DOWN so gravity will feed them into the hoppers on the individual markers. Some sort of flex coupling or bellows hose to allow you to move your markers around easily.

Now IF I was going to use it in my walking tank, the paint bin would be over my hips where I have to maintain the center of gravity of the whole tank. In a motorized, you don't have that problem. It would be High behind my head. I planned to put a Halo force feed hopper with the wireless Radio Frequency option in it. When my marker fires, it would send a RF signal from the feed neck to the hopper RF receiver and it would start feeding paintballs down that hose. It would be more or less level decending less than a couple of inches before turning down into the marker. A sound activated, etc hopper won't work with the hopper 30 inches away from the marker feed neck. but the RF option will go 10 feet away and work reliably. So far I have decided NOT to go there and stay with feeding pods. Now if I get the gatling gun upgrade working, I might need several of them to feed the beast...

Last edited by Boom Master : 03-15-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 PM #15
goofy-4wheeler-kid

after considering most options, I am just going to use double troubles w 450 round hoppers

ctrgoofy@gmail.com
Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 AM #16
rdkcby

rdkcby donated to help Peyton Trent
rdkcby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I am currently working on a large capacity loader for our tank and have succussfully tested it with a small number of rounds. If all works well I'll post pictures after our first game with it cause I want it to be a nasty surprise due to the amount of paint it will be able to hold (4000rds). Did I fail to mention that there are 2 of them mounted in the turret.
rdkcby is offline   Reply With Quote