PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 PM #1
ruschinrocket
Booyah Grandma. Booyah.

Max ROF Eyes ON

Now, as most of you know, I've been shooting Aliens since 05, and have a fairly good relationship with Jack, so this isn't a thread bashing anything. I'm just having some problems programing the board on my 2010, so I was hoping someone could help me. I attend some CXBL practices, and while I can hold my own shooting 13.3 bps (PSP cap on the Indy boards), I would like to be on a level playing field to punish some people, so I need to bump the Max ROF up to 15bps. I have outlined what I have done so far to no avail. I played around with my 08, which has the same board programming as the 2010's so I was using that chart, if it has changed, could someone direct me to the new board chart to make it easier on me?

Increasing the ROF with eyes on in "Burst Uncapped (PSP Uncapped)". I have gone into the "christmas tree" board settings, scrolled down to Blinking Red "Max ROF Eyes On" and tried to set it up to 15 (CXBL capped ROF), but when I shoot it sounds like it's more like 10-12bps. Eyes off it sounds about 15bps, and while with the soft touch bolt and a rotor it shouldn't chop, I don't want to run that chance. Am I doing something wrong to set the eyes on Max ROF?
Trauma fan club #1208
Mike Carey supporter #1

I have gear for trade and need a Rotor ASAP PM me to work something out!
ruschinrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:59 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Is it possible your current eye delay, bip settings are making the gun too slow with eyes on? Maybe try a reset first then go into ramp with 15bps.

Remember in ramp modes you'll need to run your LPR a bit higher as well or it can affect your ROF.

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:32 PM #3
ruschinrocket
Booyah Grandma. Booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Is it possible your current eye delay, bip settings are making the gun too slow with eyes on? Maybe try a reset first then go into ramp with 15bps.

Remember in ramp modes you'll need to run your LPR a bit higher as well or it can affect your ROF.
I'm currently firing it without air, just a single paintball in the breach. I bumped my BIP up to 19 anyways as it was WAY low for my liking. However like I said, with eyes on it is WAY slower than it should be, no where near 15. Eyes off, 15 for sure. What would you suggest for setting the "Eye Error Time" to to help compensate? Lower or higher?
Trauma fan club #1208
Mike Carey supporter #1

Last edited by ruschinrocket : 03-14-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:37 PM #4
Bowman_15

when you just have paint sitting in the barrel and not actually firing it, this causes the gun to go into an eye error mode, or at least it does on most guns. To get an actual ROF you must be shooting the paint with air. If I am wrong feel free to correct me.
Bowman_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 PM #5
ruschinrocket
Booyah Grandma. Booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman_15 View Post
when you just have paint sitting in the barrel and not actually firing it, this causes the gun to go into an eye error mode, or at least it does on most guns. To get an actual ROF you must be shooting the paint with air. If I am wrong feel free to correct me.
Could be, I'll check it when I get a chance, maybe this week.
Trauma fan club #1208
Mike Carey supporter #1

Old 03-14-2010, 08:25 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
He might be right. I know my 09 doesn't fault out like that, but they may have updated the software for the 2010. Try it with paint and see what happens.

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM #7
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation

OK the good news is you will be able to turn your LPR down even further...
We noticed this just last week, mostly becasue of the 4 eyes. The guns shows the BPS on the screen. We put it on response mode and it would go as high as 22 bps average (24 or 25 mximum). However, last week we were almost all caught up shipping guns and noticed that some guns were shooting a lot slower. We stopped shipping and spent 3 full days figuring out what happened. Once we found it - it was hard to believe it ws so simple. The air exhast was being restricted by a set screw and the sealant around it.
It's about a 4 minute fix and your gun will shoot over 20 BPS and, as I started out with, shoot with and even lower LPR
Please contact the shop if you're needing to get you gun shooting faster
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote