PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 AM #1
iwasaccident
McLovin

iwasaccident helped look for balloons
What would you have done?

Alright so im playing some rentals with my autococker on my day off, and im in the snake, and one of the other team is in the snake on their side (i hope my diagram helps) and i hit him in the hopper and keep playing, i notice hes still playing so i yell "check your hopper, your out" and either he didnt hear me or care so now im a bit annoyed so i just send about 3 shots his way which hit him in the gun and mask with i think 1 to the leg, later he complains how i overshot him and i said it was because he never called himself out the first time, then he comes back with well thats no reason to overshoot me plus my gun is "stronger"

whos right?

Diagram: (please excuse my drawing skills )

"Originally posted by "durch": In my experience, Craigslist ads from foreign entities are pure win. I've received countless inheritances from foreign Princes, pills that make my tool rock hard, and many life shattering opportunities to make thousands of dollars a week while surfing teh pr0ns. I'd jump on this deal!"

Last edited by iwasaccident : 03-01-2010 at 05:40 AM.
iwasaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM #2
ROBGOESOFF
Shoot first, Ask never

ROBGOESOFF is playing at Living Legends III
ROBGOESOFF supports Team VICIOUS
your right dude. he should have gotten out the first time. you "overshooting" him was the right decision. if you woulda hit him just once in the gun he would have just stayed in the game so hiting him a couple more times was the right decision. i hate it when that kinda thing happens.
"Originally posted by Chevytunedup: Alright, so while i was jizzing all over this towel, my dad decides to walk in. Jizz in the air, my face all red...he saw it. I'm literally to embarrassed to come out of my room. WTF DO I DO."
ROBGOESOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 AM #3
jheude1992
Just_Another_Snake

i would have done the same thing. in fact, i sometimes do that. you're hit, you don't get out? then i hit you again, with more balls.
98% percent of ballers wipe, if you're part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
98% of asian paintballers play front, if you aren't even asian, put this in your sig.(dang, I'm one of the 98%)
jheude1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 PM #4
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
giving the player the benifit of doubt well say he didnt notice the first time and he didnt here you or is just used to playing feild rules where guns/hoppers dont count..

so, you take another shot sending3 balls his way and hit on every one..

1. you hit him on the gun again..assuming any of the above possibilities of hitting his hopper the first time this could easily not have been felt,or thought to be a valid hit.. therefore you would have to shoot him again to make it count anyway..

2. anyone who knows anything about playing paintball,even in the woods behind their house usually and should very well know that when your being shot at on the field it is HIGHLY unlikley that the player shooting is taking pop shots and only sending one your way..its more then safe to assume that you will be hit more then once with paintballs..it doesnt always mean malice on the shooters part.its how the game is played(within reason)

being hit by three paintballs is hardly being overshot.. 6-7-8..then is say the kid may have some grounds for wondering why hes being over shot..

only thing I can suggest is explain to him what happend,why it happend and that your sorry if he wasnt clear on any rules that may be in effect at that field for that kind of game..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 PM #5
bgr3118
SOV

bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I woulda done the same thing. i agree with if it was only three more then there is really no room for a complaint because that is really not overshooting

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 PM #6
EastCoastHitmen

EastCoastHitmen is playing at Living Legends V
EastCoastHitmen is for the Gunfight
EastCoastHitmen is attending Decay of Nations VI
Im 100% on your side because once i was playing and put 2 on this mans back he calls out but then turns and trys to snap shoot with me so i shoot 3 more at him a hitting him and he starts crying and screaming like a child that i overshot
-_-
EastCoastHitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:58 AM #7
everst75
everst75

everst75 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
everst75 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What you did is fine. And I don't really call three shots overshooting. Also one hit his gun and one hit his mask so that means he only felt 1 shot anyway.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 PM #8
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
100% A-OK. Heck, the fact that he ignored you telling him to check his hopper almost "deserves" a few more shots, so your 3 shots are just fine.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:05 AM #9
Absently (Banned)
Gun Stands in Sig $13

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
When I first started reffing, the manager told me, "if they wanna stay in while they are out, let them get shot some more!"
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:44 AM #10
Crazyboi07

Crazyboi07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I deal with this all the time as a head ref and as a player.

If im running a game and im standing by a player and he tells me he shot the other player and that player doesnt call himself out, i tell them to keep shooting him (this is only when i know that other player is advice, i will not allow it be done on a rental) I also alert the ref nearby and do a full body paint check.

As a player I just keep shooting, heres a example, i took some of refs to a indoor field during the week in summer, to let them have fun outside of our field. we were woodsball players not speed. The other guys where refs we were playing with, boy they were cheating. So i told them all, you do not stop shooting them until they full call themselfs out and start walking off.

I hate cheaters. Theres no reason to cheat during walkon play, were not playing for prizes where out the to have fun.
Crazyboi07 is offline   Reply With Quote