Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 PM #127
eluminx

I dont know anything about an expansion chamber or gas-thru so im assuming that just replaces the regulator? Do you have some suggestions for what ones to get? I dont know anything about what brands are good or even how install such a thing.
eluminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:29 PM #128
glaman5266

CP makes nice gas-thrus. A gas-thru is a gas-thru, pretty much. And yes, they just replace the regulator.

Do you have a local proshop nearby? If you go the gas-thru/expansion chamber route they may help you install it.

I would start with the mainspring (try a weaker one) and tweak the regulator pressure, as it's the cheaper route. If that doesn't work, then try the gas-thru/expansion chamber route.

Last edited by glaman5266 : 02-13-2010 at 01:31 PM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:41 PM #129
eluminx

So one expansion chamber fits all markers? I Do have a local pro shop but yea I will try the weak mainspring and just try and set the reg and go with that for now if nothing else ill go for an expansion chamber.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 AM #130
glaman5266

If you take off the regulator (unscrews from the front block) you'll see it's threaded the same as co2/compressed air bottle threads. The majority of x-chambers, gas-thrus, and regulators are threaded the same way. You could just screw in the co2 bottle vertically if you want. Just pick a foregrip you like and try it.

But yeah, try the mainspring and reg pressure first. To adjust the 6.0 reg (using the setscrew in the hole in the bottom) it's "in" to close it off/restrict airflow and "out" to open it up. Air it up, adjust it, and fire it a few times to get the pressure re-adjusted.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:31 PM #131
eluminx

ok i got my spring guide today and that was the ticket for making it recock although i didnt test it with paint but i will tomorrow. now for the last few times ive screwed on my tank (co2) i was getting a leak sometimes but now that i got the spring guide i only got it to not leak once the rest of the time it was leaking out of the bottom of the reg (where the screw hole is that i cant reach with my screw set) so how do i fix this leak? i took the front block off along with the reg and cleaned/lubed it all with the new bottle of extreme rage marker oil that i got along with everything else and its still leaking out of the reg so....and also im gonna buy a HPA tank online but what major stores fill them? sports authority i found out fills co2 but hpa? any big stores like that i know about the scuba places which is fine since i live in fl

side note if i wanted to get a clamping feed neck would i just get a spyder one? im looking on ans and there are no JT parts at all

also on another site note i just read here i think that theres suppose to be a plastic plug in the bottom of the reg that holds in air i guess is that true?

Last edited by eluminx : 02-18-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:50 AM #132
glaman5266

Did you tear apart the reg? If not, do that. It's possible one of the o-rings (there's 2) inside the reg came unseated or blew out completely. If they came unseated, put them back on and be careful during re-assembly so you don't slice one in half. If they are blown, you should be able to get replacements at your local hardware store.

I don't know what major stores down there fill HPA bottles. I live in WI; I don't know what all you have for similar/same stores.

5.0s/6.0s take Angel threaded necks. Be aware though- the marker threads are just enough off that not all will fit. Test fit one at a local proshop (if you can) before you buy. I use a Redz Camloc if that helps.

I had no plastic plug in mine. Just insert the allen wrench in the hole and adjust the pressure.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:29 PM #133
eluminx

yea i took the reg apart, first time doin that, orings look good (i think they were all replaced at a local shop while i was playing) thats why i dont understand why its blowing thru there, i took apart the whole gun and lubed it up with my extreme rage oil i just got so im not sure what the deal is

since the neck has threads like all other parts i guess it just screws off? i cant get mine to budge

would it be this feedneck?
http://www.ansgear.com/Redz_Spyder_C...mlockblack.htm

or rather this one i think would fit since it says will fit spyder
http://www.ansgear.com/Empire_Nano_S...nifeedneck.htm
Old 02-20-2010, 06:49 AM #134
glaman5266

Dunno what to tell you on the reg issue then, other than try replacing the o-rings again...

It screws off- it's just really hard to. I had to use a strap wrench and a vice to get mine off.

They do not take Spyder threaded necks. They take Angel threaded necks (the older ones, not like the newer A1), like these from CCM's Ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/ccmfactorydir...34Q2ec0Q2em322
Old 02-23-2010, 04:07 PM #135
eluminx

Ok I got it all fixed up glaman5266. Thanks for your help. As far as the reg leaking Im just stupid when I took it all apart to lube/clean i screwed the reg all the way in and didnt realize it had to line up with the macroline on the part that slides over the reg so I unscrewed it a bit and now its fine. Newb mistake I guess. But I took it all apart and cleaned/lubed and now it fires fine. Thanks again. Still might get a gas-thru. I keep reading that the reg on these is crap plus you said it doesnt even need it. Doesnt make sense to me.

By the way I still either cant get the right size allen wrench in the reg or Im messing something up. I havent been able to turn anything in there and I cant see in any suggestion?

Im also trying to find a low rise feed neck for my jt. I looked on that ebay listing you gave me but I would like to match colors are there any other sites you recommend that have the older angel feednecks? I wouldnt even know what to look at if I did (I actually did look but i cant figure out if they are older ones or not) and I want a new barrel. What do you recommend that is more on the inexpensive side.

Last edited by eluminx : 02-23-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM #136
glaman5266

Awesome.

You need a LONG allen wrench. The adjustment screw is waaaaay up in there. It's also relatively small, don't know the exact size. I'll look into it if I have time.

I believe Redz still makes a older Angel neck. I don't know about much else, but I'm pretty sure anything for Angels pre-'07 should work. I believe all newer Angels are threaded like the Angel A1, so I'd look for that specification (if it's "A1 threaded" or not). I haven't kept up on newer feednecks since I've gone to mostly right-feed markers.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:36 PM #137
eluminx

Yea if you could tell me the exact size that would be a major help. Theres no way ill find that info online. Also I wanted to ask you about this...when I was test firing yesterday I forgot to mention I was aired up balls loaded and all and everything went fine except out of like 15 shots maybe 3 of them nothing happened at all except the click of the trigger being pulled as if I didnt even have it aired up for anything. I thought it might be that there was no ball in the barrel since im using gravity fed (for now) but then I thought if that was the case then wouldnt it just fire air and nothing else? It didnt even fire it just clicked like a misfire or something. Could be a jam I guess? I dont know cause next fire everything was fine. By the way I really appreciate you schooling me on all this I know how much question after question is a total pain in the *** =)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 AM #138
glaman5266

LOL, no biggie.

I had the same issue. The boards eat batteries like there's no tomorrow and lose the power to trip the sear pretty quickly. Plus they seem to suck battery power when not in use. I simply switched to a 9.6V rechargeable and took out the battery when I stored it.

If that doesn't work, you may have to send it in to JT (which I also had to do). They replaced some electrical component(s) and it has worked well ever since.
More than likely it's the battery. I would blow through a 9V every 2 days of play.

EDIT: I do know the wrench size for the reg is Standard (American) and pretty small. Try a 1/8" and work your way smaller.

Last edited by glaman5266 : 02-25-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM #139
eluminx

Ah ok that makes me feel better anyway. Not an issue that I caused or have to fix lol. Is the battery level indicator on the board pretty acurate? Plus didnt JT sell off to some other company? Or was that smart parts? Anyhow I will try the rechargable...any specific brands?

Side note and future note for JT owners its a 3/32 american for the 6.0 reg

Last edited by eluminx : 02-25-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:00 AM #140
glaman5266

The battery indicator isn't very accurate. It can fluctuate simply by clicking the trigger a few times, then letting it sit. You can put a next-to-dead battery in it, it'll read full power, and click it a bunch and it'll stop tripping the sear.

Any 9.6V rechargeable should work.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM #141
eluminx

If I grab this http://www.ansgear.com/PMI_Pure_Ener...hamberblue.htm would I just have to screw in the macroline and thats it? My reg is acting up and I cant figure it out

Nevermind I switched an oring on my crappy co2 tank. Question again though if I get a newer hopper (example velocity jr) will that really have me choppin up balls cause it feeds too fast? If so what do you recommend? I have an old VL revolution but the neck on it is busted, could always get a new shell I guess...suggestions?

Ok so update I impulsively bought a VL force, any chance u know if I could take the eyes out of the revy and put them in the force? If I knew it was so crappy I wouldnt of bought it...now its open and I cant return it.

Last edited by eluminx : 02-26-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:41 AM #142
glaman5266

No clue on the hopper eyes. Try asking in the Hopper forum.

That link is misleading- that's actually a pic of a PMI regulator. Why they put that there is beyond me, lol.
Here's an example of what you could use:
http://www.ansgear.com/PSI_Expansion...ionchamber.htm

Last edited by glaman5266 : 02-27-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:17 PM #143
eluminx

by the way is that expansion chamber just good for when im using co2? or is it for hpa as well? about to buy one cause mine is still leaking i just want to make sure its for both
Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 AM #144
glaman5266

You can put HPA through an expansion chamber.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM #145
eluminx

how about this one? good enough? rather this one only based on color

http://www.ansgear.com/PMI_Pure_Ener...asthrugrip.htm
Old 03-03-2010, 06:31 AM #146
glaman5266

Yes, that will work.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:07 PM #147
eluminx

man i cant get the steel braid to budge gonna try to take it to my local hardware store...or will i need to buy a new steel braid since its sealed with red loctite? just not sure that **** comes off

Last edited by eluminx : 03-03-2010 at 06:39 PM.