PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 PM #22
Aaron5604
Nothing is what it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
What if a person is content to be in a constant state of want? Let's say a person always wants more, but is comfortable with always wanting to improve themselves/gain more for themselves. Can we call them "happy" because they are content?
I believe overly ambitious people should be careful w/ what they endeavor; HOPING for what's beyond their physical capacities is essentially the beginning to an unhappy state. By which, choosing to pursue the impossible -- will only result w/ one possible outcome; nothing more, nothing less...

Quote:
Also, would "happiness" be directly proportional to one's amount of want? If so, it would mean that a person could be happy to a degree while still in a state of want, but a person who wants less would posses a higher degree of happiness.
No, I don't believe that the tot. # of desires directly reflect the % of any given psychological state. At least, not specifically... If anything, I suspect that our # of "wants" reflect the % of our individual emotions. So basically, x# of "wants" = y% of "emotion."

I mean hey, can we use women (and their vast # of wants) as an example

*** EDIT ***

Plus OP, I think it's quite simple in life: Our % of pain = our % of happiness, (or, lack thereof) period.

JL Audio - 1000/1 Amp + 3 10W3V3 Subs (Enclosed) + Focal Access 130A1 Comps. for sale. PM me for details.

Last edited by Aaron5604 : 03-02-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Aaron5604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 PM #23
Flying_Dutchman

Whatever ethics is bull****. I mean the concept isn't, but IMO, it's an area of philosophy that REALLY doesn't get anywhere.
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 PM #24
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Woops, I meant negatively proportional lol.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM #25
Flying_Dutchman

Quote:
Woops, I meant negatively proportional lol.
inversely*
Flying_Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote