PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 PM #1
keyboard lol
estebeezy mendeezy

penn state

Anyone ever go to any of the satellite campus' at penn state? I'm wondering because I got turned down to university park but I can still go to any of the other schools. Need some insight.
keyboard lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2010, 04:16 PM #2
SUR3 S}{oT (Banned)

The other ones are not as good as the main school, hence why you got in.
SUR3 S}{oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM #3
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUR3 S}{oT View Post
The other ones are not as good as the main school, hence why you got in.
don't be such an *******. he's asking a legitimate question. to answer, no, i don't go to a satelite campus (or penn state) but 2 of my best friends do and they say the satelite campus' are nothing like the university park (they go to university park). I would look for a different school. it's not the same at all.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:21 PM #4
SUR3 S}{oT (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
don't be such an *******. he's asking a legitimate question. to answer, no, i don't go to a satelite campus (or penn state) but 2 of my best friends do and they say the satelite campus' are nothing like the university park (they go to university park). I would look for a different school. it's not the same at all.
I didn't mean to come off as an ******* but after re-reading it I can see where you're coming from. It is just that all Universities do this to people they reject because they still want your money.
SUR3 S}{oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM #5
keyboard lol
estebeezy mendeezy

okay i had no idea. gotcha. im not offended either im thoroughly aware my grades are not stellar, it was a reach.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 PM #6
pb1bg
Penn State Behrend

okay i go to a branch campus. Penn State Behrend. The only difference between here and main is the size.

I go to penn state behrend for plastics engineering and main doesn't offer it but the difficulty i can asure is pretty damn close.

The professors always talk about how difficult our classes are here compared to the ones at main and professors here and there have done comparisons to see the difference.

Behrend is known for their engineering programs and having not just a penn state degree but one from behrend is extremly creditable. The only reason it is so difficult to get into main is because of the amount of applications they get and they can only take so many so the students with higher credentials always get it in first.

as for the other branch campuses i know penn state shenango isn't the greatest. its extermly small and only offers like business degrees and not much more. as for the rest of them i have know clue.

if you want to go to school for engineerings i would recommend going to behrend. the professors here are great, now their ****, and majority of them still work in the industry doing consultant work or own their own business.

WTB ANYTHING
pb1bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 PM #7
keyboard lol
estebeezy mendeezy

Thanks a lot for your advice/opinion. I put down marketing but I would switch in a heart beat. I really don't know what I want to do, I don't think engineering is for me though. Erie is another name for behrend, correct? Is that school just engineering or is that their strong point? Do you intend to going to university park after your first two years because they told me i should do my first two years elsewhere and then switch to the main campus for my junior and senior year.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 PM #8
grizboy88
im the asian boy

You're allowed to transfer after a certain amoutn of time arnt you?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 PM #9
pb1bg
Penn State Behrend

ya its two years. what happens is you go to a branch campus for two years pretty much get all your gen eds in. once you completed them you can apply to go to main with a declared major. some majors require you to have a 3.0 and some others such as business is a little lower. i heard business students such as my cousin get into main with 2.4 or 2.5 can't remember.

WTB ANYTHING
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 PM #10
pb1bg
Penn State Behrend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboard lol View Post
Thanks a lot for your advice/opinion. I put down marketing but I would switch in a heart beat. I really don't know what I want to do, I don't think engineering is for me though. Erie is another name for behrend, correct? Is that school just engineering or is that their strong point? Do you intend to going to university park after your first two years because they told me i should do my first two years elsewhere and then switch to the main campus for my junior and senior year.
no im at behrend all 4 years for two reasons.
1. main (or UP as everyone at pennstate calls it) doesn't have plastics engineering.
2. behrend has a much better engineering program. there have been students in the past transfer from main to behrend.

behrend is erie but everyone that i have spoken with calls it behrend.

behrends strong point is engineering and susposedly business and management. im getting a minor and management right now and i'll tell you what the classes are easy.

WTB ANYTHING
Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 PM #11
keyboard lol
estebeezy mendeezy

Okay I gotcha. I'll still have to think about it because I have a few other schools to decide on. Hows the social life there? ie chicks, parties, same as anywhere else?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:54 PM #12
pb1bg
Penn State Behrend

your going to choose a school on that?

a mixture you got some drop dead gorgeous girls. just stating that made me think of this girl we saw the other day. leaned over on a table reading a paper with tight *** jeans and red high heels. me and my buddy probably looked like deer in headlights.

well if you come to behrend you better be comfortable with snow, cold weather, and **** load of wind. we are supposed to get up to 16 inches by tomorrow morning.
parties are good if you can get out. business students party the most that is why us engineers don't think their program is very credible.

if you want to party you got to go to UP. saturday is state-patys day and unfortuantly i can't go because i have to be in cleveland on sunday for a bowling tournament.

WTB ANYTHING
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 PM #13
keyboard lol
estebeezy mendeezy

no im not choosing based off that but im curious. thanks again man im sure ill have questions for you soon
Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 AM #14
Bad Arse Pirate
Half man...Half amazing

Bad Arse Pirate is a Supporting Member
Whatever you do, don't go to Altoona. I have many friends who go to/have gone to branch schools. If you are dedicated to go to Penn State, it won't be so bad. A lot of satellite schools are for the most part pretty small and have a bunch of commuters.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM #15
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
I got in to UP and Abington, but I went to Abington for my first 2 years to save money. The classes were really easy and most of the people there were pretty dumb, but that could be because I was a general Biology major before I transferred to UP.

Be careful on what classes you're taking at a satellite, while the credit transfers equally, most of the advisers don't know anything, and they'll put you in classes you don't need.

You should definitely switch after 2 years (Only a handful of majors can be done at a satellite anyway). If you don't switch you'll have a degree from the satellite, and not from UP, and that's a huge difference since the job placement for UP is much higher than satellite graduates.

Also, UP is a pretty crazy place, so the social life at a satellite won't compare to UP at all.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM #16
Bad Arse Pirate
Half man...Half amazing

Bad Arse Pirate is a Supporting Member
Just got back from State Patties Day..left my friends already sloshed at 12 and got back around 3 am. Jesus, that was the biggest **** show I've ever seen.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:26 PM #17
keyboard lol
estebeezy mendeezy

sick
Old 03-01-2010, 03:57 AM #18
prelic

prelic plays in the APPA D5 division
You go to a branch (Erie/Behrend is the only good one) either because your there for one of the handful of majors main doesn't offer (plastics, software engineering), or your trying to transfer to main, in which case, go do your two years at Behrend, get decent grades, and you'll be able to transfer without a problem. Getting used to being a junior at main for the first year is easier said than done.

Also, University Park =/= Behrend, in terms of academics, atmostphere, or anything else that isn't snow.

--Junior, all 3 at UP, but I know at ton of kids that did the Behrend thing
Old 03-01-2010, 01:38 PM #19
keyboard lol
estebeezy mendeezy

thanks for the input
Old 03-01-2010, 04:01 PM #20
LessThanJake77

LessThanJake77 is a Supporting Member
LessThanJake77 plays in the PSP
LessThanJake77 is an NCPA player
if you really want to goto university park campus try and get into the summer program (leap) at up. My freshmen year did that and got in right away for all 4 years
PennStatePaintball #77
LessThanJake77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:04 PM #21
sublimize24
SUB-limize.

sublimize24 helped look for balloons
sublimize24 supports Team VICIOUS
sublimize24 is an NCPA player
sublimize24 plays in the APPA beginner division
I have friends who go to Penn State Brandywine, it seems like high school #2. I'd go to a campus where you can at least live there.
2004 Audi A4, USP MT6
www.allpaintballsupplies.com
sublimize24 is offline   Reply With Quote