Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 PM #1
mclothier

classic imp vert adapter issue

So i have this strange vision, however, there is a leak at the vertical adapter due the set screw being completely broken in half, so my question is can i ditch my old vertical adapter (see last picture) and buy this: http://www.e-paintball.com/New-Desig...V-p-18007.html
the serial on the imp is 37359 if that helps at all as there is mention of different body styles. i noticed on the newer style vert adapter from NDZ, there is no groove for the body set screw, and on the one in the link there is a groove all around the adapter (allowing clearance for the broken set screw).

also is there anyway i get that set screw out? its pretty much broken flush with the body.
pics for reference:

also if anyone has any spare vert adapters laying around (preferably NDZ) let me know i will gladly take it off your hands.
TIA
mclothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 PM #2
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

freakspazzatazz helped look for balloons
I was handed an Impy with this exact problem a few months back. I never fixed it.

My thoughts were that I might not need the set screw, so I was going to drill (bench-press) the set screw out of the body and throw another V/A on it, just making sure I tightened the VA gas-through screw tightly (so reg, and gauge don't swivel on me.)

This is a pretty awful situation sir.
freakspazzatazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 AM #3
mclothier

well after lots of examining, i also found that the threads for the V/A screw itself were forced in such a way that the screw does not screw in straight, or all the way in, im guessing the previous owner fell regulator first and did quite a lot of damage whole thing. case point: i bought a raw Ton Ton body to replace the strange body.
mclothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM #4
Scootscr15
Pay attention boy

has been a member for 10 years
i have an old imp VAA get at me