Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-20-2004, 12:05 AM #1
possumrattails

possumrattails is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
possumrattails posts videos on PbNation
possumrattails has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thinking about obtaining a tribal

I wanted to know if it was worth it. I know they dont make these, and they can be relatively hard to find, but i am thinking i really want one. Is there anything great about it that other guns dont have, etc? and also, what is the max price you would pay for one? please help. Thank you
Ultimate fan #29 RIP

My Lava Sonic Cyborg
My Droid, on Uncapped Ramp
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2004, 12:23 AM #2
XtraBoy

Tribals have one thing mainstream guns dont: Uniqueness...

very few people know what a tribal is, so your likely to get asked alot of questions about them.

If you want one, i say go for it, you can get alot of tribals for around 250 now adays, my brother just picked up a loaded, but ugly, tribal for 258 overnight shipped, it should be here tomorrow...

The max price i would pay for one is probably around 250, thats because im poor, but it all depends what upgrades are on it, if its a double trigger, what kind of model it is etc etc.

Get one dude, you wont regret it!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:48 AM #3
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

shiftycastro30 is a Supporting Member
Re: Thinking about obtaining a tribal

Quote:
Originally posted by possumrattails
I wanted to know if it was worth it. I know they dont make these, and they can be relatively hard to find, but i am thinking i really want one. Is there anything great about it that other guns dont have, etc? and also, what is the max price you would pay for one? please help. Thank you
i have 6 now and i dont have the desire to get any other gun except a maybe a entity

i like them pretty much by what extra said ....... unique

max price......ugh...... 650 would be the most that i have paid....
thats a tracker special

holy cow ....... since ive gotten 4 pms about this ill just show you what it looks like
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=%2Bent ity

Last edited by shiftycastro30 : 07-20-2004 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:08 AM #4
possumrattails

thnx for the input guys, im seriously considering buying one... i like the black one with red milling all over it, is that the mephisto?
Ultimate fan #29 RIP

My Lava Sonic Cyborg
Old 07-20-2004, 10:57 AM #5
edwin247
You guys drive me nuts!!!

edwin247 is a Supporting Member
Nope that is either a Fluster or an Addicted. Good luck finding an Addicted. You can find Flusters though.
edwin@tribal-paintball.com
My Feedback on B/S/T
Old 07-20-2004, 11:25 AM #6
XtraBoy

entity's = ownage...

i just cant decide if i would take a silver entity or a dave loo desert duck... the choice is soo hard...

actually there were 17 made, ironman got 12, the ardvark people got 5...

Possum: Start at like page one of the picture thread, people will say "Oh heres my mephy" and then you can see what it looks like, after a bit you'll start recongnizing what they look like
Old 07-20-2004, 03:24 PM #7
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

just check out the pics thread up at the top of the tribal forum.
there were people that were pming about not knowing what a entity was,....... that was what the link was for.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:43 PM #8
Kirsch

Hi guys, Im just starting to get into paintball but have read tons and tons of stuff. So I am a noob but a well educated noob.

I am in the situation that I could get a used E-99 avant for $100 or a used Tribal for $200.

I don't know what type of Tribal it is because the guy just showed it to me today and I had no idea what they were, so I wasn't able to look into it more until I got home today.

I don't own any equipment yet, so what should I do? Should I get the Tribal?

EDIT: where can I find out more information about Tribals? I need to know as much as I can if I am to buy it. Does Tribal have a website? Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by Kirsch : 07-20-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:47 AM #9
skellington
Addicted Airsmithing

the only website is here in this forum or airsoldier.com
if you wander around in this forum you should learn quit a bit. or if you have any other questions just ask. there are lots of us here that can help you out.
my site
Addicted Airsmithing
www.geocities.com/addicted_airsmithing/user.html
Old 07-21-2004, 04:08 AM #10
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirsch
Hi guys, Im just starting to get into paintball but have read tons and tons of stuff. So I am a noob but a well educated noob.

I am in the situation that I could get a used E-99 avant for $100 or a used Tribal for $200.

I don't know what type of Tribal it is because the guy just showed it to me today and I had no idea what they were, so I wasn't able to look into it more until I got home today.

I don't own any equipment yet, so what should I do? Should I get the Tribal?

EDIT: where can I find out more information about Tribals? I need to know as much as I can if I am to buy it. Does Tribal have a website? Thanks a bunch.

seing your just starting out you might want to just stick with the e-99 for the simple reason it will be a little less on the wallet.
im not saying the tribal is not a good deal just your going from where you can use c02 on a spyder........ only nitro on the tribal, without having to upgrade the crap out of it to accept c02.

make sure you want to be playing a while before you start spending alot of money on a gun.

my personal opinion

castro
Old 07-21-2004, 10:11 AM #11
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
Thumbs up Kirsch.......

Shifty makes some good points, I'm pretty much in agreement with his suggestion.
Since you're just starting out and have no equipment at all I'd say get the most you can for the least. ie; if all you have to spend is 200 you can easily get an entry level marker, mask, tank & hopper for that or less and be out playing. or.... You can buy the Tribal and sit & look at it..... And as Shifty pointed out a Tribal needs to run on compressed air unless it's modified and a decent used C/A tank is gunna be about a 100 bux. By the time you're outfitted to play using the Tribal you'll have spent at least 400+.
I say if you're funds are limited go with an entry level set-up and get some playing time in..... they'll always be a Tribal here for sale, I guarantee it.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:34 AM #12
Kirsch

Ok.

You guys make some good points. I will be getting an HPA tank though anyway. The guy selling the Tribal is also selling a 12v Revvy and a 68ci 3000psi tank. He said I could name a price and he'd probably take it. I could probably swing $250-275 for the Tribal, Mask, 12v Revvy, 68ci 3000psi HPA tank, and some extras like a squeegee, pack, etc. Does that change your guys opinions?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:37 AM #13
woozle

woozle is a Supporting Member
Id say go for the tribal.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:02 PM #14
possumrattails

guys, i really appreciate the help, this really makes me want one more, the fact u guys actually help unlike flame on some other forums.... and i guess i cant get an addicted then, that sux, its a beautiful gun.
Ultimate fan #29 RIP

My Lava Sonic Cyborg
Old 07-21-2004, 02:46 PM #15
XtraBoy

if you can get a mask, 12vlt revy, and a 68/3 for 275 i say go for it dude, it may be a hasstle in the begining learning how to work with it and all, but it'll pay off..

Yah... they dont flame... right... just dont ever post pics of yourself.. *cricket chirp*
Old 07-21-2004, 03:00 PM #16
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

Thumbs up no question............

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirsch
Ok.

The guy selling the Tribal is also selling a 12v Revvy and a 68ci 3000psi tank. He said I could name a price and he'd probably take it. I could probably swing $250-275 for the Tribal, Mask, 12v Revvy, 68ci 3000psi HPA tank, and some extras like a squeegee, pack, etc.
go for the tribal

if you can get all that for 250-275 ...... oh yea.... and if the tribal doesnt work im sure we can shed light on the situation.

goodluck
Old 07-21-2004, 08:02 PM #17
Kirsch

Thanks guys.

Im still on the fence about this one. He says it works fine, but being my first marker I might go for something else. The lack of a company backing the marker up really scares me. I have shot Spyders and Tippmanns and haven't been impressed. So I need to find something that I will be happy with. Suggestions would be great, but not necessary, just keeping you guys posted.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:34 AM #18
-=Twister365=-

I say still get the Tribal. Just because it doesn't have a company behind it doesn't mean it can't get fixed. Even if it is broke "warpedmephisto" will most likely be able to fix it in his $50 full tune-up.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:35 AM #19
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

Talking #ell yeah.........

Quote:
Originally posted by -=Twister365=-
I say still get the Tribal. Just because it doesn't have a company behind it doesn't mean it can't get fixed. Even if it is broke "warpedmephisto" will most likely be able to fix it in his $50 full tune-up.
exactly
Old 07-23-2004, 01:29 PM #20
edwin247
You guys drive me nuts!!!

edwin247 is a Supporting Member
I would have to ask what kind of person are you first???

Do you like to grab your equipment 2 minutes before for you play paintball or do you like to put a little time and effort into your pb equipment?

Tribals are something you have to love. It isn't a gun for people who put it in there closet and grab it 10 minutes before they leave to go play with there friends, it requires some knowledge of the marker to make it a good match to its owner because if you make it to the field and something is wrong, there is a very good chance that they will ask "What kind of marker is that?" That would the time for you to say, "Hmmm I don't want this airsmith to work on my Marker"
edwin@tribal-paintball.com
My Feedback on B/S/T