PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2010, 01:38 PM #1
crzyjjjoker

crzyjjjoker is for the Gunfight
Smart Parts Impulse 09

Really interested in the Smart Parts Impulse 09, but it is very iffy considering Smart Parts won't be around for much longer. Plus ever since I first started playing paintball, I bought an Ion and was very disappointed with it. I'm not happy with Smart Parts because of those 2 reasons, but the gun just looks like it shoots really nice and is light weight, etc. My second gun the Planet Eclipse Etek 2 has a scratch from the movement of the bolt and might be scratching the bolt, does the SP Impulse 09 do that too? Please tell me the pros and cons. Thanks.
crzyjjjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2010, 05:27 PM #2
Alamo!
Jamonah!

pros:
lightweight
shoots very smooth
very easy to clean the eyes
feels good in your hands
easy to change modes
great trigger
the list goes on...its like any other highend gun

cons:
parts are hard to come by
Old 01-19-2010, 12:45 PM #3
PBLULZ
www.Dmeyerspb.com

PBLULZ is playing at Living Legends III
PBLULZ plays in the APPA D5 division
its a great gun over all i like it better over the egos
Dmeyerspb.com #8
Planet Eclipse, All American Paintball Park , DXS, Fatboy pods
Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex Unsignedphotos.com
Guests bring food. Food attracts animals. This one time, a bear came. And then the bear had to be destroyed. Which means they shot it in the head with a rifle, and killed it, and it died.
PBLULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:14 PM #4
Charlie13
Wipe yo FACE!

Charlie13 donated to help Peyton Trent
Charlie13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Charlie13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pros: Shoots amazing, Easy to program, Very smooth, easy to maintain, great feel.

Cons: Just one, I have the leak problem. Not very noticeable but it is there. Does not effect the way it shoots. If SP doesn't open back up I gotta figure it out on my own.

Conclusion: A poppit that shoots and sounds like a spoolie. You won't believe it.

FOXBALL MAJORS
NEXL D3 PREMEIRE
Charlie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM #5
freakspazzatazz
-_-

freakspazzatazz helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie13 View Post
Conclusion: A poppit that shoots and sounds like a spoolie. You won't believe it.
It's true. The marker is amazing.
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 AM #6
PBLULZ
www.Dmeyerspb.com

i have a small leak coming out my releaset valvue. thats about it
Dmeyerspb.com #8
Guests bring food. Food attracts animals. This one time, a bear came. And then the bear had to be destroyed. Which means they shot it in the head with a rifle, and killed it, and it died.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 AM #7
BMWTech2008

BMWTech2008 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLULZ View Post
i have a small leak coming out my releaset valvue. thats about it
take it out and lube it?

Are people really that scared to take apart their marker these days?

I took my gun apart after the first time I played with it.

My relief valve trips every now and then (I'm using LP), just purge the marker (eyes off, fire) then air it back up, fixed.
BMWTech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:58 PM #8
PBLULZ
www.Dmeyerspb.com

thanks. and i do take the gun apart i just dont sperated the body from the frame. also the forward air champer where a reg would be for a normal gun is loose so i think that maby the problem
Dmeyerspb.com #8
Old 01-27-2010, 08:18 AM #9
hosscat5511

hosscat5511 plays in the APPA D4 division
hosscat5511 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hosscat5511 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
does the board have psp mode? or something like that??????
hosscat5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM #10
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is playing at Living Legends VII
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosscat5511 View Post
If you would read the Sticky at the top of this forum, you would note that the board has capabilities for all leagues.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM #11
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosscat5511 View Post
lol. the stock board has like 14 modes on it. and you can change the rof cap on every mode.

as for op...

09 impulses are probably the best gun ive ever shot. going by poppets it is the best poppet that you can buy atm. (besides an ego 10? depending on preferance i guess... id take the impulse though) but even then, my impulse can keep up with and is more accurate then most of the 10s at my field. If youre going to compare a 1000 high end amazingly designed piece of machinery to a low end POS that is probably the most hated gun in paintball... then you have some problems. as for these kids with the leaking problems? if you actually read your manual and learn about your gun then you would know how to fix and prevent it.

Now as for SP going out of business... (This is my personal opinion)

Smart Parts is one of the few companies that still manufacture most of their guns in the United States(high labor costs)... with a few exceptions (Dye IM9 is the only one i can think of right now) now... with that being said.
I believe that Smart Parts is either being sold, or is being moved to China or some other foreign country for cheaper labor.

And if for some reason Smart Parts does go out of business, the first 2 things that somebody would buy would be the DLX designs and the New Impulse Design.

Personally i believe that the 09 impulse is one of the most hidden treasures in paintball. more people know about the vanguard creed then know about the 09 impulse. Smart Parts has a terrible reputation for having low quality guns like ions and Eos and Epiphanys. their only high end before the impulse being a shocker. and most people either only shoot shockers and hate shockers. I say get it. youll never regret it. itll out perform any other gun on the field (except maybe a luxe? idk never shot one)

Just some stuff for you to think about.

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 PM #12
toxic151

its too bad .they came out in a very bad time . other wize I think they wood have been hot . price could have been better. bad times .Cash is King. money very tight. lots of unemployment.they shoot nice.
toxic151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:39 AM #13
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by huh101 View Post
Smart Parts is one of the few companies that still manufacture most of their guns in the United States(high labor costs)... with a few exceptions (Dye IM9 is the only one i can think of right now) now... with that being said.
I believe that Smart Parts is either being sold, or is being moved to China or some other foreign country for cheaper labor.
There are plenty of other companies that don't manufacture their markers in a third world company and are able to sell them at reasonable prices.
How about Bob Long? They build high end markers in the US and sell them for reasonable prices ($750 for a Vice and $600 for a Protoge). That's just one example... There are plenty of others...
Old 02-21-2010, 03:32 AM #14
sethicus41

sethicus41 is playing at Living Legends III
sethicus41 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sethicus41 supports Team VICIOUS
sethicus41 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs0349 View Post
There are plenty of other companies that don't manufacture their markers in a third world company and are able to sell them at reasonable prices.
How about Bob Long? They build high end markers in the US and sell them for reasonable prices ($750 for a Vice and $600 for a Protoge). That's just one example... There are plenty of others...

He's stating that there were a few left... not none... I believe your "plenty of other companies" falls into the few he's talking about....

...in my opinion or theory...

i could be wrong, but i think all the USA companies (not angels nor egos) manufacture their markers in the USA... the most likely reason companies manufacture outside of the USA is to cut costs, however, in order to do so you will need volume sales... thus far, the highest seller marker is the smart parts ion and at their highest peak a few years ago was over 100k units... in my opinion, there isn't enough volume to take it outside the USA.

off tangent...
most all players believe paintball pricing is to high, the stores and retailers think the margin isn't high enough... and the manufacturers well... i don't see/hear them making a killing...

...just my 0.02

Last edited by sethicus41 : 02-21-2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: clarifications
sethicus41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 AM #15
jshoaf0327
I am Jack's Cold Sweat

jshoaf0327 supports Cereal Killerz 2
jshoaf0327 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
jshoaf0327 supports Team VICIOUS
jshoaf0327 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyjjjoker View Post
Really interested in the Smart Parts Impulse 09, but it is very iffy considering Smart Parts won't be around for much longer...
Smart Parts won't be around for much longer?

"Pump Automagically Wins"
TEAM PUMPISHMENT
PRIDE SERIES
jshoaf0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:31 PM #16
MaDr0X
Unh uh!

MaDr0X donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by huh101 View Post
lol. the stock board has like 14 modes on it. and you can change the rof cap on every mode.

as for op...

09 impulses are probably the best gun ive ever shot. going by poppets it is the best poppet that you can buy atm. (besides an ego 10? depending on preferance i guess... id take the impulse though) but even then, my impulse can keep up with and is more accurate then most of the 10s at my field. If youre going to compare a 1000 high end amazingly designed piece of machinery to a low end POS that is probably the most hated gun in paintball... then you have some problems. as for these kids with the leaking problems? if you actually read your manual and learn about your gun then you would know how to fix and prevent it.

Now as for SP going out of business... (This is my personal opinion)

And if for some reason Smart Parts does go out of business, the first 2 things that somebody would buy would be the DLX designs and the New Impulse Design.

Personally i believe that the 09 impulse is one of the most hidden treasures in paintball. more people know about the vanguard creed then know about the 09 impulse. Smart Parts has a terrible reputation for having low quality guns like ions and Eos and Epiphanys. their only high end before the impulse being a shocker. and most people either only shoot shockers and hate shockers. I say get it. youll never regret it. itll out perform any other gun on the field (except maybe a luxe? idk never shot one)

Just some stuff for you to think about.
I totally agree with the impulse being a hidden treasure. It really does shoot amazing and its also the best marker ive shot. The timing was bad and it didnt get enough flash on release. I love mine, but the whole SP dealio is pushing me to get rid of it... The regs in the grips along with the 2 peice body although awesome, seems like it will eventually cause problems. As is something requiring to send in to SP, well if they arent around anymore...

Old Feed back | New Feedback
MaDr0X is offline   Reply With Quote