Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2010, 02:31 PM #1
coozman

Feeling Stupid - Blitz Question

My son and I made the mistake of changing the air pressure instead of adjusting the velocity tension on his blitz. What is the best way to adjusting the pressure back down to get it ball park factory? Thanks!!!
coozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM #2
Self Medicated
General Apathy

I think the recommended way to do it (since the Blitz regulator doesn't have a gauge) is to back the velocity adjuster all the way out. Then, shoot over a chronograph and adjust the pressure down until you are shooting around 290fps. Then you can fine tune with the velocity adjuster.

Ebay
M. Carter Brown
Old PbNation
New PbNation
SpecOps
Self Medicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:07 PM #3
Ego9Eclipse
*****es be Trippin!

Ego9Eclipse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ego9Eclipse supports Pev's Paintball
ya back the back vlocity adjuster all the way out get about 280 fps with the reg then fine tune it with the velocity adjuster
Markers I Have Owned: Tippmann98C, JT Stealth, Proto SLG(NEVER AGAIN), Spyder Pilot, WGP WorrMachine, Brass Eagle Avenger, PMI Trracer, PE Ego9, PE Geo, PE Ego11, Alien Independence T, Macdev Clone, Dye NT, Bob Long Victory, Dangerous Power Fusion FX, Azodin Zenith, DP E1, Brass Eagle Blade, .50 Cal Patriot Pistol, Invert Mini.
Underlined guns are the guns I love/miss.
Ego9Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:05 PM #4
coozman

Thanks for the info guys. I tried the above but I could not get the pressure to shoot high enough. From the pressure where I can actually shoot (chrono about 220) I increase PSI and the gun burps. I back off and then I still cannot get the FPS above 220 even with the velocity adjuster in a little. Should I be able to actually get the FPS to 280 with just the pressure adjustment??? Thanks again!!!!!

Ps... blew out the small reg valve while doing all this!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:10 PM #5
Ego9Eclipse
*****es be Trippin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coozman View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I tried the above but I could not get the pressure to shoot high enough. From the pressure where I can actually shoot (chrono about 220) I increase PSI and the gun burps. I back off and then I still cannot get the FPS above 220 even with the velocity adjuster in a little. Should I be able to actually get the FPS to 280 with just the pressure adjustment??? Thanks again!!!!!

Ps... blew out the small reg valve while doing all this!!!
are you using co2 or Hpa or Lpa?
Markers I Have Owned: Tippmann98C, JT Stealth, Proto SLG(NEVER AGAIN), Spyder Pilot, WGP WorrMachine, Brass Eagle Avenger, PMI Trracer, PE Ego9, PE Geo, PE Ego11, Alien Independence T, Macdev Clone, Dye NT, Bob Long Victory, Dangerous Power Fusion FX, Azodin Zenith, DP E1, Brass Eagle Blade, .50 Cal Patriot Pistol, Invert Mini.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:42 PM #6
coozman

Using HPA. Full tank. Took it to local shop and they put the reg on an Ion and the PSI is set to 240. Chrono'd back on the Blitz and it's not even registering. Seems like the bolt is not blowing back far enough when you turn the pressure up and then it starts burping. Is there an issue with regs going bad??
Old 02-28-2010, 07:02 PM #7
Ego9Eclipse
*****es be Trippin!

hmmmm call azodin they have great custumer service there phone number is 1-626-350-7000
Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 PM #8
coozman

Thanks for the help, guys. I got in touch with Azodin and Dave from tech told me to degas, adjust the reg all the way out til its flush with frame then adjust in approx 1.4th of an inch and the pressure should be fine. The user's manual is absolutley incorrect when it says adjust clockwise to increase pressure. ADJUST COUNTERCLOCKWISE TO INCREASE PRESSURE,