PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2010, 02:17 PM #1
shadowkill
Blackout Photography

shadowkill supports Team VICIOUS
Highspeed internet

i recently changed my internet to the highest speed available from cox, before when i played modern warfare 2 i had full bars. Now i have like 1 or 2 every other game, this just occured after i upgraded my internet, my nat type is open so i should have good connection, any suggestions?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2010, 02:56 PM #2
SUR3 S}{oT (Banned)

Looks like you aren't getting highspeed internet, bro.
SUR3 S}{oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:46 PM #3
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
wifi or cable?? if your talking about wifi bars and not hard wired speed. check to see if there a wireless phone or a new person with a new router that on the same channel as you. if your pc hard wired turn off the pc and then unplug the cable modem and router.plug in the cable modem and let it reboot and reload the new speed settings. then plug in the router and or turn on the pc and run a speedtest to see if the modem speed is what your getting. if not call the cable company and ask them to reset your modem. if it still slower then what your paying for (50 mbs) check your cable modem. the older sb5100xxx are 2.0 version and max out at 20mbs the newer 6100sb and all in one modems are version 3.0 of the new cablem modem standard and can go a lot faster.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:44 PM #4
{InsertUsernameHere}
Butt Stuff

{InsertUsernameHere} has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
{InsertUsernameHere} has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
{InsertUsernameHere} has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by plushdragon View Post
wifi or cable?? if your talking about wifi bars and not hard wired speed. check to see if there a wireless phone or a new person with a new router that on the same channel as you. if your pc hard wired turn off the pc and then unplug the cable modem and router.plug in the cable modem and let it reboot and reload the new speed settings. then plug in the router and or turn on the pc and run a speedtest to see if the modem speed is what your getting. if not call the cable company and ask them to reset your modem. if it still slower then what your paying for (50 mbs) check your cable modem. the older sb5100xxx are 2.0 version and max out at 20mbs the newer 6100sb and all in one modems are version 3.0 of the new cablem modem standard and can go a lot faster.
I think he is talking about xbox broski, with his ping being the bars
{InsertUsernameHere} is offline   Reply With Quote