Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2010, 04:28 PM #1
MPS Tim

MPS 2010 Season Rule Review

In this thread I am going to post some rules and then I will comment about the rules and then you can post questions if you have any.

I will probably post a couple of rules each time.

1.06 – Teams/Players who either purchase or sell paint from any other source other than the field will be permanently banned from all MPS events without any refunds.

This other source could be another team. A permanent ban would suck so only buy paint from the field and you won't have any problems.

7.01 – Eliminated = Referee will signal when a player is eliminated by holding a hand on top of head and arm pointing at player who is eliminated. The referee cannot put a player back in after calling a player eliminated with a hand signal.

This rule is pretty straightforward. The reason I mention it is the last part. You gain nothing from arguing with a ref about the call. Once he/she calls you out you are just that, out. The only thing you do is take the ref away from watching the game and that will not be tolerated. Referees will be instructed to pull extra players when someone argues during the game about being pulled.

Even though I am going to go over what I think are the important rules and we will have good captain meetings every event. I still encourage everyone to read the rules. Forewarned is forearmed. Also not reading the rules is not an excuse. Here is a link to the rules.

http://www.midwestpaintballseries.com/rules/rules.html
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2010, 08:12 AM #2
MPS Tim

8.01 - Each player may wear a maximum of 2 upper layers of clothing which shall consist of just one “padded” layer. Such combinations of clothing shall consist of the following:

- One T-Shirt under another T-Shirt
- One T-Shirt under a paintball jersey
- One paintball jersey under a T-Shirt
- One un-hooded sweatshirt under a T-Shirt
- One T-Shirt under a un-hooded sweatshirt

Such combinations of clothing shall not be permitted:

- One paintball jersey under a paintball jersey
- One un-hooded sweatshirt under a paintball jersey
- One jersey under a un-hooded sweatshirt
- Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed
- Any other combination of clothing to be considered over padded by the Ultimate Ref

This rule always comes up. You will be told this in the captains meeting and anyone in violation will be penalized accordingly.

8.02 – Players who wear more than one layer of clothing must tuck in their inner layer completely.

This means I shouldn't see any undershirts hanging down to your knees because they should be tucked in.

8.17 – Players who are found on the field (see time frame below) with more than 2 layers of clothing as described here-in will incur a 20 point penalty. Such time frame is from when a team is called to the field to start their game through the end of the game during player check.

I posted three rules this time because they are all related to the same issue.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:06 PM #3
MPS Tim

9.09 – Bandanas/Handkerchiefs are not allowed to be worn on the field of play at any time, tied on belt, around legs, arms or attached to the goggles in any fashion. They may be worn tied around the head under the goggles or neck (rolled up) provided they do not extend more than one inch below the collarbone. It is up to the refs discretion what is and isn’t acceptable.

You don't see this as much anymore, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

10.04 - Surrendering your marker on request: when an official requests your marker for inspection you must immediately surrender your marker without altering, firing, turning on or off, pushing any buttons or any other movement that might cause a firing mode to change. Those players that fail to do so will incur a 50-point penalty.

When a ref asks for your marker just hand it over immediately. 50 points can cost you.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 PM #4
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

I seen this last year at an event, one guy's gun kept getting checked over and over. each time it passed, but then the next ref is like no let me try. I bet this guy went throw 2 bags of paint cuz of this. I think there should be a limit on how many times you can get tested per game, and put a limit on the paint or have the field have a case or 2 for them to use during the test.
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:28 PM #5
MPS Tim

I will try to monitor this. The reason I don't want to put a limit on it is because if my gun was checked twice and it was ok and I knew that they couldn't check it again what would stop me from setting it above the bps. Also then you have to have a way of remembering who you had checked. I don't see it as a huge issue. I can see maybe leaving it up to the field refs if they want to have the field pay for a case to use for testing, but more than likely that will be optional.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:51 PM #6
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

i didnt mean put a cap on the number of times per tourney, but per game. there was one game my gun was checked 5 times. its cap 10 ramp..not hard to check
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM #7
MPS Tim

It will be taken under consideration.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 AM #8
Tornado Alley
TornadoAlleyPaintball.com

Tornado Alley is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Here is one I saw to much of last season that I will be nailing people on this year

10.15 - Squeegees used as barrel plugs is not permitted.

Old Nation Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1595826
Tornado Alley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:45 AM #9
MPS Tim

10.09 - All markers are subject to inspection at any time during the MPS Tournament. The team of any player found to be using a marker in violation of section 10 will receive a 50-point penalty and a warning stating that the marker must be corrected before the player’s next game. A second offense by the same player will result in a 100-point penalty and that marker will be banned from play for the duration of the tournament. The player will be allowed to continue the tournament with a back up marker that does not violate section 10. A third offense by the same player will result in a 200 point penalty, that marker will be banned from play for the duration of the tournament, and the individual player will be suspended from play for the duration of the tournament and the Team will play one player short the remainder of the tournament regardless of the number of players on the team roster.

You definitely want to be aware of this one.

14.14 – It is the responsibility of the players to remove old hits prior to the start of the game or bringing the same to the attention of a field ref so that it may be dealt with in a manner that would not result in an elimination of a player.

Telling a ref that a hit on you at the end of the game is an old hit will not fly. If you have a hit from a prior game that is not wanting to go away rub some dirt into it. You need to make your starting box ref aware of it if you are not able to get rid of it all and feel you could be called out on it.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:54 PM #10
JasonB1221

JasonB1221 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Reading all of these brings back all the memories of reffing at TAP. BTW hi Tim and George long time no talk.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 AM #11
MPS Tim

16.01 - Players that are eliminated, immediately upon elimination, must raise their hand/marker above the plane of their shoulders and go to the dead box by the most direct route or as directed by a field referee. Players that take routes that are not the most direct and are meant to conceal from the other team such players’ eliminations or players that refuse to follow a referee’s direction on leaving the field constitute playing on and appropriate penalties may be assessed.

Don't mosey to the box hustle.

16.04 – If a sole player on a team has possession of the flag and there are no other live players left on the field and that sole player discovers a hit on them self and calls them self out, then the flag hang will automatically be awarded to the opposing team. Penalty points and Kill points will be assessed and awarded as described here-in.

Call for checks and don't play that gray area, if you think you might have a hit you better have it verified during play.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:44 AM #12
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Hey Jason!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:09 AM #13
Pantalones
Scruggs

has been a member for 10 years
it's like a goddamn reunion in here...!
Pantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:34 AM #14
MPS Tim

17.06 - At no time and under no circumstances will a game be re-played due to a bad call or a missed call by a ref.

Not much to say about that. Just be aware.

22.13 - Players that engage in un-sportsman like conduct, including, but not limited to, failure to obey a referee’s directions with respect to moving on a neutral player, deliberate avoidance of a referee in a manner to prevent a referee from chronographing a marker on the field or prevent him from making a call, shooting at referees, excessive shooting with intent to injure an eliminated player, the requesting of paint checks to distract referees from checking themselves or teammates or to use referees to locate opposition players or verbal abuse of opposition players, spectators or referees will be eliminated.

This is a biggie, make sure you read it very thoroughly. Depending on the infraction there might be unsportsmanlike conduct penalties also. Do not run from a ref when he comes in to check just so that you can get a few more shots off. You will get pulled for it.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 AM #15
MPS Tim

23.05 – Paint Checks will not be performed by the referees on flag carriers prior to hanging the flag.

Make sure you are aware and are calling for checks if needed.

25.05 - Players who are in motion while hit in obvious locations, which are easily verifiable, must immediately stop firing, turn their motion away from the opposition, install barrel sock and go straight to elimination box by the most direct routes or upon the instructions of a field referee, if given. Failure to do so is regarded as “playing on” and may result in a “one for one” and/or penalty points against that player’s team.

This is a big one people. You can't use the excuse that you were running and couldn't stop (I have had that one given to me). As a player I know the mindset when you are doing a run through, if you get taken out you want to make sure you atleast take one player out with you, that is fine if it is really a simultaneous shot, but if you keep running after you are hit you run the risk of penalties.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:01 AM #16
MPS Tim

34.02 – Team Captains will be verbally warned at the Captains Meeting prior to the event about the use of inappropriate language. Such language and behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in a 50-point penalty for each offense.

34.03 - Team Captains will be verbally warned at the Captains Meeting prior to the event about in-appropriate behavior, which includes the act of throwing items/equipment out of anger. Any player who intentionally slams/spikes/throws/kicks/etc. any equipment will receive a 100-point penalty and will be forced to sit out the next game and their team will be forced to play a man down regardless of the number of players that team has on their roster. Any player who commits a second offense of intentionally slams/spikes/throws/kicks/etc. any equipment will be disqualified for the remainder of the event, their team will be forced to play a man down regardless of the number of players that team has on their roster, and their team will be accessed a 200-point penalty. A third offense from the same player throughout the course of the season will result in that player being banned from the MPS.

Here are some of the rules I wish we never had to go over, but there are some people who insist on being unsportsmanlike. These are the penalties.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:54 PM #17
MPS Tim

That was all the rules that I personally wanted to make a note of. If there are any rules you would like to talk about post it and we can discuss.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:37 PM #18
daltondoughboy

daltondoughboy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daltondoughboy supports Team VICIOUS
What about bonus ball penalties?
daltondoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM #19
MPS Tim

If you walk someone to the deadbox and not let the refs do their job you will be pulled. If the refs consider it unsportsmanlike then their will be penalty points.

That being said personally I have pulled very few people for bonus balling. Don't get me wrong I don't mean I let people get away with it, I just mean that what some people call bonus balling is not really bonus balling. Even with the reduced rate of fire you will generally have multiple people firing paint at you especially if you are the last one. That means lots of paint. When I started playing tourney ball one of my teammates (Kevin Victor) used to tell people that if they didn't like getting hit with the little ball then don't step on the field. I say that because most of the bonus ball complaints come because someone was left alone and they might have taken a few balls and they are upset at themselves and their team and the people shooting can become an easy target for that anger.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM #20
D-man[WarLlamas]
Old and in the way

Annual Supporting Member
D-man[WarLlamas] posts videos on PbNation
D-man[WarLlamas] plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS Tim View Post
8.01 - Each player may wear a maximum of 2 upper layers of clothing which shall consist of just one “padded” layer.
Seems like this allows:
- one 'padded'/armored shirt under one T-shirt/unpadded jersey?

You guys always say no 'armored' shirts, but doesn't the rules allow them?

- - Buy my swagg: - - - - - - XSV Axe Pro for sale! - - -
D-man[WarLlamas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 PM #21
MPS Tim

padded is different than armored. You can't wear chest protectors. Even those thinner ones that the PSP started allowing a couple of seasons ago. (I think they banned those again.) Padding means the padding in a jersey, as long as it is not modified. If it is straight from the manufacturer than you are golden.