NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
Nppl Huntington Beach 2010 Registration

Hey guys just to give you a heads up registrations are flowing in and filling up fast for Huntington Beach. Drop me a email at Frank@NPPL.com and I will shoot you over a registration form. If you have any questions feel free to post here or drop me a email.
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 PM #2
got3bay
estcoastpballer

got3bay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
got3bay supports Team VICIOUS
got3bay supports Sherwood Forest
got3bay supports Pev's Paintball
When and where will we be able to sign our teams up online and view a team list for this event?

Please let me know ASAP
got3bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 PM #3
SuperJew00 (Banned)
concussion king

Quote:
Originally Posted by got3bay View Post
When and where will we be able to sign our teams up online and view a team list for this event?

Please let me know ASAP
dude all this info is on nppl.com February 15th
SuperJew00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 PM #4
CIMA

Annual Supporting Member
CIMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
CIMA plays in the PSP
CIMA plays in the APPA D1 division
Can you post a list of divisional teams currently signed up.
CIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:52 PM #5
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMA View Post
Can you post a list of divisional teams currently signed up.
you have to wait till the 15th to see anything, but frank said there was over 30 teams signed up already when i spoke to him over the phone. its still very early too.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:03 AM #6
jeffwilson

Email and Phonecall sent!

Looking forward to this years pump division competition!

I&I Sports

Want pump related gear and information??? go here:
ART OF PUMP
jeffwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:30 PM #7
LoVeMyPuMp

LoVeMyPuMp plays in the PSP
LoVeMyPuMp plays in the APPA D5 division
LoVeMyPuMp is attending Decay of Nations VII
Is the pump event Saturday and Sunday or just Sunday?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:59 PM #8
K-O-L-O-H-E-
Goon

K-O-L-O-H-E- plays in the PSP
K-O-L-O-H-E- donated to help Peyton Trent
K-O-L-O-H-E- has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
gosh damn please say they use APPA again this year to register
Old 02-14-2010, 10:05 PM #9
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-O-L-O-H-E- View Post
gosh damn please say they use APPA again this year to register
Even though we all want it, it's not going to happen. Sadly.

Allegedly the APPA is charging big dollars to use the system this year.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 AM #10
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Allegedly the APPA is charging big dollars to use the system this year.
That is an interesting allegation, considering NPPL has not asked APPA for a price quote for 2010.

After 7 years of event registration experience and development, we are able to charge the least amount possible to get the job done right. That may be why APPA is used by every other major league in the country, including PSP, CFOA, WCPPL, NCPA, CFPS, Vicious, NEPL, MWPPA, AZPPL, EPL, and now also Chi-Town Series and the new GPL.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 02-15-2010 at 11:47 AM.
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 AM #11
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
That is an interesting allegation, considering NPPL has not asked APPA for a price quote for 2010.

After 7 years of event registration experience and development, we are able to charge the least amount possible to get the job done right. That may be why APPA is used by every other major league in the country, including PSP, CFOA, WCPPL, NCPA, CFPS, Vicious, NEPL, MWPPA, AZPPL, EPL, and now also Chi-Town Series and the new GPL.

- Chris
Don't take what I say as fact of any kind, it's more of 'I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who may have heard from a guy who might have been drinking' type thing, haha
Old 02-15-2010, 05:30 PM #12
ILUV2BALL!
Lite Bright

ILUV2BALL! plays in the USPL
ILUV2BALL! plays in the PSP
ILUV2BALL! plays in the APPA D3 division
all i know is the league needs to get its stuff together asap so 7man stays around longer.

Legends
The Playground

RIP CRIMS PLEX.
Where East Coast Paintball Was Born
ILUV2BALL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:11 AM #13
phantomette
I AM DA MUFFIN MAN!

phantomette plays in the USPL
phantomette owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
phantomette plays in the APPA D4 division
I hope they do well this year cause I love 7 man, but I have my fingers crossed

KGB MoB v51/DaLuxe MoB Founder/CSpaintball/LaserMyGun/MVPpaintball128 productions

Last edited by phantomette : 03-11-2010 at 10:02 PM.
phantomette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 PM #14
jayalf
puertoricanballer

nppl needs to use appa plain and simple. Its the only way its going to gain the trust of players and teams nationwide.. but it makes me wonder why they dont want to use appa..

As a player the only thing i want to know is..

1- teams that are signed up and paid
2- a legit player ranking system. A source that we all can see how that individual player is ranked and as well see their tournament history.

but the way the system is designed we will never even get to see half of that info unless we pay for entry..

i just hope these things get fixed for the benefit to all that really love to play 7 man

Jason Alfonso #13
Chattanooga CEP
DYE
EXAULT
INSANE PAINTBALL
MILP
jayalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:14 PM #15
SuperJew00 (Banned)
concussion king

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalf View Post
nppl needs to use appa plain and simple. Its the only way its going to gain the trust of players and teams nationwide.. but it makes me wonder why they dont want to use appa..

2- a legit player ranking system. A source that we all can see how that individual player is ranked and as well see their tournament history.

but the way the system is designed we will never even get to see half of that info unless we pay for entry..

i just hope these things get fixed for the benefit to all that really love to play 7 man
everybody needs to relaaax. you guys havent even given this new system a chance yet. plus from what i remember last year i knew of at least 2 d1 players that got through on a d3 7 man team because of the way appa ranks. appa isnt some miraculous answer to paintballs sandbagging problems like everyone feels. let nppl do their job and have a little faith for once. ppl have been saying this league is going to die for over 2 years now and the league still kicking. let that be an idea of what people really know.
SuperJew00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 PM #16
jayalf
puertoricanballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew00 View Post
let nppl do their job and have a little faith for once.
trust me if anybody has faith its me.. I really wanna play this league man... and i think ive definately been patient and continue to be patient waiting on really important info to be released... but the comment i made are legit concerns that i have as a player.. im not freaking out im just simply stating a concern.

and have u noticed the new appa ranking system now?.. it would be pretty hard to "sandbag".

the only thing im stating is that without the appa there is a bigger margin for things to go wrong.. not only with sandbaggin as u may call it but for everything else..

Jason Alfonso #13
Chattanooga CEP
DYE
EXAULT
INSANE PAINTBALL
MILP
jayalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 PM #17
NPPL Super 7
NPPL HB April 2014

Quote:

Both of those features will soon be available on the new system, the only thing released so far is the basic sign up pages. The NPPL and it's ownership group are commited to providing the the most fluid and transparent registration/classification system possible. While there is no definite timeline on new feature releases, they are coming....

Quote:
everybody needs to relaaax. you guys havent even given this new system a chance yet. plus from what i remember last year i knew of at least 2 d1 players that got through on a d3 7 man team because of the way appa ranks. appa isnt some miraculous answer to paintballs sandbagging problems like everyone feels. let nppl do their job and have a little faith for once. ppl have been saying this league is going to die for over 2 years now and the league still kicking. let that be an idea of what people really know.
Thanks, you are correct, no system is perfect. Lots of very qualified and experienced people are working behind the scenes in the NPPL to provide the basics players expect, and to set new standards.

Quote:
trust me if anybody has faith its me.. I really wanna play this league man... and i think ive definately been patient and continue to be patient waiting on really important info to be released... but the comment i made are legit concerns that i have as a player.. im not freaking out im just simply stating a concern.

and have u noticed the new appa ranking system now?.. it would be pretty hard to "sandbag".

the only thing im stating is that without the appa there is a bigger margin for things to go wrong.. not only with sandbaggin as u may call it but for everything else..
We have plenty of player data and records to work with, sandbagging will not be any more of a problem in the NPPL than ANY other league.

Last edited by NPPL Super 7 : 02-16-2010 at 09:57 PM.
NPPL Super 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:08 PM #18
edx
Edwin

edx is a Professional paintball player
edx is an Ultimate field/store owner
edx works for a Paintball manufacturer
When will the team list be released?

CRITICAL PAINTBALL
www.CriticalPaintball.com
edx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM #19
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPPL Super 7 View Post
We have plenty of player data and records to work with
Would you care to state which records you are referring to? Will players be able to see all of those records for each player they will be playing against online?

If you do have plenty of player data and records, why are you asking players to tell you what their classification is when they sign up? Shouldn't you already know?

APPA doesn't ask players what their classification is. APPA tells them.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

Last edited by raehl : 02-16-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:51 PM #20
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
plus from what i remember last year i knew of at least 2 d1 players that got through on a d3 7 man team because of the way appa ranks.
That's not true.

There is no "way appa ranks", because APPA doesn't decide how players are ranked. We just apply the league's classification rules to the data available. So if the players were listed on that team's roster, either the players were not D1 players because NPPL's rules said they were not D1 players, or NPPL reclassified them, or they had previous D1 NPPL experience and APPA didn't know it because NPPL did not keep good records of participation for 2003 through 2008. (We don't have any reliable information as to who played where when for the first 6 years of NPPL.)

If the players were not listed on that team's roster, then that should have been brought up at the time of the event so that the team could be disqualified.

Quote:
appa isnt some miraculous answer to paintballs sandbagging problems like everyone feels.
I wouldn't say miraculous, but it is fairly simple, efficient, and proven to be effective.

- Chris

Last edited by raehl : 02-16-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:22 PM #21
NPPL Super 7
NPPL HB April 2014

Quote:
Would you care to state which records you are referring to? Will players be able to see all of those records for each player they will be playing against online?

If you do have plenty of player data and records, why are you asking players to tell you what their classification is when they sign up? Shouldn't you already know?

APPA doesn't ask players what their classification is. APPA tells them.

- Chris

Quote:
That's not true.

There is no "way appa ranks", because APPA doesn't decide how players are ranked. We just apply the league's classification rules to the data available. So if the players were listed on that team's roster, either the players were not D1 players because NPPL's rules said they were not D1 players, or NPPL reclassified them, or they had previous D1 NPPL experience and APPA didn't know it because NPPL did not keep good records of participation for 2003 through 2008. (We don't have any reliable information as to who played where when for the first 6 years of NPPL.)

If the players were not listed on that team's roster, then that should have been brought up at the time of the event so that the team could be disqualified.

I wouldn't say miraculous, but it is fairly simple, efficient, and proven to be effective.

- Chris
Chris, no one has any interest in debating anything with you publicly on the internet.

Players will judge for themselves if the NPPL has provided a fair and equitable classification system. As long as they feel that they get good value for there hard earned dollars.......that's all that matters right?

The APPA is certainly a great system, and I am sure it's been a tremendous amount of work. Cudos to you for your efforts!