Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM #1
Deadly Milk Man (Banned)

Question about becomming warrant officer/pilot

Alright. So right now I'm deployed in Haiti, been here for like 19 days or so, longer than I've been at my unit in the states..

I'm just thinking about my future and what I'm gonna do/some skills I can have so I know how to do more than janitor and infantry **** when I get out.

I was thnking after 2 years that I could put in a warrant officer packet/ go to flight school. As far as I know all I need is a 110 gt score and a 90 or more on the FAST (wtf is this..) (and does my gt score ever "expire"?.. I joined with a 118)

What is the likelyhood of actually going all the way through to flight school after I meet the requirement?.

How long would I have to re-enlist for to go to warrant officer candidate
school? And what would happen if things didn't work out? (would I be sent
back infantry with those new years added to my enlistment or would I be back where I left off?.. 2 years of 4 remaining?)

Also, would being a 15w (uav operator) before hand be benefiicial? Orbwould that just prolong the process (since I'm pretty sure I'm stuck infantry for 2 years

Last edited by Deadly Milk Man : 02-06-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Deadly Milk Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2010, 03:24 PM #2
wkenyon07

www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant

i also posted a long *** comment on another kids thread about the same exact ****...too lazy to search for it, look it up urself all ur answers are on there...
wkenyon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:25 PM #3
wkenyon07

and no a uav operator does nothing for u cept maybe have a better chance of getting letters of recomendation from actual flight people...still a long shot

u wouldnt extend ur contract until u complete flight school, so if u fail ur alright

and if u fail u will go back to ur unit as a loser
Old 02-07-2010, 01:56 PM #4
Deadly Milk Man (Banned)

What is the pass/fail rate for WOCS and how good are my chances of my packet being accepted after serving 2 years? (assuming I have to wait till my re enlistment window to put in a packet?)
Deadly Milk Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:11 AM #5
wkenyon07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milk Man View Post
What is the pass/fail rate for WOCS and how good are my chances of my packet being accepted after serving 2 years? (assuming I have to wait till my re enlistment window to put in a packet?)
i have no clue what the pass fail rate is...all they do is hammer you with info and tasks to try to overwhelm you, time managment comes into factor...and of course they teach you all the gay *** leadership ****

you dont need to wait till ur reenlistment window, you can drop a packet at any time

get college under ur belt, try to actually get flight training also, it helps...build relationships with pilots now and seek their help/advice...potential letters of recommendation also.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:14 PM #6
ch!-town balla
f h r i t p

ch!-town balla owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ch!-town balla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ch!-town balla supports our troops
If you can't pass WOCS then you don't ever deserve to be a Pilot or anything besides some sham support MOS. As for applying, you can put your packet in once you get your E4, but you can start the packet at any time. My GT score is 130 and it would still be hard for me to get in. No matter the GT score, theyre still going to want letters of reccomendation from current pilots or warrant officers. An E6 in my platoon put his packet in a few years ago and the guy is insanely smart, and he still hasnt gotten accepted for 13D W/O. But if you do get accepted youll go to WOCS and then once you pass that youre officially a WO1. Then youll go to Ft. Rucker for your flight training. Its over a year long but they have a special high speed class thats only 8 months I think. I looked into it because I was thinking about doing it but I got accepted into one of the 85 West Point enlisted slots. Once I get back from trashcanistan ill be headed to NY.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 PM #7
ed275

PM me any questions, I can answer most anything, I am currently in flight training at Ft. Rucker. WOCS is actually hard to fail, just do what you're supposed to and study for the written exams. You probably wont get accepted with only 2 years in service, but its all individually based. The usaarec website has all the info for your packet that you would need to know. Flight school itself lasts anywhere from 1.5 years - 2 years. They are working on shortening it. Having civilian flight time really isnt a big factor when it comes to getting accepted because the warrants that review your packet are not all aviators, so they dont give a crap. College helps, letters of reccomendation from w4s or w5s help. E6 is your best rank to get picked up... When I was selected, out of about 250 people that were also selected, only 5 of us were E5 and below. Most were E6, some E7. Anymore Q's just PM me.
ed275 is offline   Reply With Quote