Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 PM #106
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonLax14 View Post
Well, I can certainly say that I do honestly and truly believe that true Christianity is a relationship. Do you?
That doesn't preclude it from being a religion. It's a religion, let's not argue semantics and start trying to redefine words. Connotations that a word carries don't always match up with the definition of the word.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 AM #107
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
ha ha yes. corrected.

Well, I can certainly say that I do honestly and truly believe that true Christianity is a relationship. Do you?

And this whole thing with you believing in the Christian God and Jesus Christ, but not labeling yourself as a Christian is weird. I mean, you either are a Christian, or you're not. But I don't want to ridicule what you're saying because obviously it makes sense to you and that is what is important. If you feel that what you're doing is what God wants you to do, then all power to ya. And, to be honest, you confuse the crap out of me.
Aw, I don't want to confuse you. Oh well.

I wrote a post, a little long-winded, explaining why I don't feel comfortable/I don't feel I should be associated with Christianity. Most of it has to do with connotations and assumptions, and the fact I don't believe much most Christians believe. I'm a Christian in the truest sense at heart but not in word. I guess it may seem kind of confusing. I actually don't understand fully myself, but I feel in my heart as though I shouldn't really associate my beliefs with Christianity. So, I dunno.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:38 AM #108
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
I don't know, I'm not God. I may give you a better answer later, but I have to leave right now.

Also, giving to charities, nor good works, doesn't have much to do with going to heaven.
So your religion sends people to the eternal promised land for simply believing, not even applying Christianity's teachings?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 AM #109
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
So your religion sends people to the eternal promised land for simply believing, not even applying Christianity's teachings?
Well, even though you exaggerated what I said...

Rom 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

Eph 2:9: not by works, so that no one can boast.

Rom 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Weather or not you perceive words from the bible a good explanation for anything is up to you.

Last edited by DaytonLax14 : 12-23-2009 at 09:52 AM.
DaytonLax14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:43 AM #110
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Well, even though you exaggerated what I said...

Rom 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

Eph 2:9: not by works, so that no one can boast.

Rom 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Weather or not you perceive words from the bible a good explanation for anything is up to you.
The Romans passage certainly denotes that a life of sin will pay you in eternal death, while a life of righteous behavior will pay you in God's eternal grace. This passage does not support predestination. In fact that group of passages you quoted are perfect examples of how the Bible supports both faith and works. Predestination requires neither. You may be confusing predestination with something else.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 AM #111
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Predestination requires neither.
I don't understand this, why would you say that?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 AM #112
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
Quote:
The Romans passage certainly denotes that a life of sin will pay you in eternal death, while a life of righteous behavior will pay you in God's eternal grace. This passage does not support predestination. In fact that group of passages you quoted are perfect examples of how the Bible supports both faith and works. Predestination requires neither. You may be confusing predestination with something else.
How does the Romans passage I just posted denote that a life of sin will pay you in eternal death? And I didn't post those passages in regards to predestination at all, so I don't know why you brought that up. But since you did, there is no reason to argue or discuss predestination. Well, I take that back, a discussion about it can do some good. But anyways, no one can ever solve the battle of predestination vs. free will, period. I shared my beliefs with predestination, and that's all it is.

Now, back on topic. One of the most basic Christian teachings is that a life of good works will NOT save you. Does that mean you should confess that Jesus is Lord and then sin all you want without worrying about it? Of course not.

Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Last edited by DaytonLax14 : 12-23-2009 at 11:05 AM.
DaytonLax14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 PM #113
xXpbdudeXx

Quote:
You miss the point of that passage. Forget what you know, what others have interpreted for you. Can you not see what this passage means? As in Adam death came through one man, as in Christ life came in one man. Universal death, universal life.
xXpbdudeXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:37 AM #114
GFX260
Jesse Day

GFX260 supports Team VICIOUS
GFX260 is for the Gunfight
Originally Posted by DaytonLax14 : that's incredibly debatable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
true. thats why i supported my answer with bible verses...
Lol!
Wow, that's almost sigable!
GFX260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 AM #115
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFX260 View Post
Originally Posted by DaytonLax14 : that's incredibly debatable.

Lol!
Wow, that's almost sigable!
hehehe

You're funny.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote