Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 PM #1
de-evoproject

couple of T9 tech questions

Ok so i haven't ripped it apart yet to figure it out for myself but i'm going to when i get home today and thought i would try to get a head start on the problem. So here goes.

Took the T9 out to the field sat. Cold weather out, no rain or anything. Had it on a remote to HPA. Got it set up and the first problem i ran into is this: The barrel wouldn't push in and turn. Spent a little time and muscle and finally got it to switch between hopper fed position and mag fed. No matter how hard we tried though it wouldn't turn all the way back to remove.

it will push in, turn between the 2 feed positions and turn a little past mag fed towards remove, then it feels like its binding. I made sure the mag was out and made another go at it. no amount of muscle or leverage will turn it further. Even broke a strap wrench trying to get it out.

fed up, i decided to say screw it play with it and fix it at the house later. So i load up and head to the chrony. Fired a couple of rounds and was hitting 180 FPS. Started turning the velocity up got it to about 250, made another turn on the allen wrench and it started leaking from the relief valve.

Now i stick my wrench in the relief valve and start cranking clockwise per the manual to raise the pressure relief point and it starts leaking MORE. I try spinning the valve all the way down to no avail, just more air spewing from the valve. Spin it back and it slows down to a hiss about where it started. Then when i get past the original position it begins leaking more again.

Finally, tired of messing with it, i throw it back in the case, grab my back up and go play a day of ball, dissappointed i didn't get to try my first strike rounds out.

Now on the relief valve i'm pretty sure i just need a new relief valve o-ring or a whole valve assembly. Not a real hard to fix issue but i'm open to other suggestions.

My REAL concern is the barrel. Has anybody have this happen before and know whats wrong and/or how to fix it? Any ideas at all? My roommate did knock it off the couch friday night while i was prepping my gear but i don't think that short tumble should have caused my barrel issue. Any help would be appreciated.

FACTS:
- New to me T9 (gun is used, bought from a member here) everything function on Wed and i was able to remove the barrel as well. no paint had been run through it by me until sat.

- Temperature was in the high 30's to low 40's sat

- Running HPA from an old Nitroduck 68/4500 with a Myth reg on a Ninja PB remote line with slidecheck. Air system functioned flawlessly on my back up marker.

- gun did take a slight tumble from the couch to carpet floors fri night and barrel did tap the ground first. But again, not a hard tumble. I did NOT try and take the barrel out after until Sat at the field.

- other than the listed issues, gun cycles fine and fires rounds, but did chop quite a bit during a short test fire before benching it. (I have attributed this to running REALLY crappy paint, Karnage black box, "Bite" i think)
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM #2
de-evoproject

Exclamation

barrel problem discovered: Somehow, the back edge of the barrel around the breach SHEARED OFF!!!! (think of a D shaped opening to allow a FS round to enter, the l part of the D broke OFF!!!) My theory is my particular barrel had a severe weak spot or slight bend back there and the bolt cycling against finally sheared it off. That piece then lodged itself between the barrel and inside wall of the upper reciever.

Darned-est thing i've ever seen (never would have happened on a mag, those barrels were THICK). Hoping i just got a defective barrel and after Tiberius replaces it there will be no more issues.

Also checked the relief valve o-ring and looks ok. Gonna throw it back together with the stock barrel and see if it works now too. Wish me luck.

P.S. i'll let you guys know how my customer service experience goes with Pete over at Tiberius Arms.