Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 PM #1
mclothier

Impulse volumizer question

i have an older impulse (adrenalin) with an NDZ Rip valve, which means i dont run with a valve spring. so my question is do i even need to run a front volumizer, or could i just find a cap to cap off the front of the gun?
mclothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2010, 10:45 PM #2
marcusg (Banned)

having the cap on there will help dramatically. its a volume chamber that holds the air pressure that helps recharge the noid faster so its ready to be fired again quickly. if you dont like the one you have though there are tons around on random sites that still have stock of them or you could probably have one made for a decent price to your liking.
marcusg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:01 PM #3
jasper371
DatsunAholic

jasper371 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
During rapid fire it's not going to make a difference. I don't know where you'd find a plug for the front, but the only benefit you would get is maybe less size and weight.
jasper371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 PM #4
mclothier

well the only reason i brought it up is because i cant use most volumizers out there as the check valves on the adrenalin stick out and prevent the cap from being screwed in. so i far i have used a CP front cap which didnt even screw in all the way (too much threading?) and a NDZ triple ribbed cap, which was just too wide in diameter so it comes into contact with the check valves that come with the arenaline
Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 PM #5
jasper371
DatsunAholic

I see. Your Adrenalin didn't come with its stock cap? You could try to mill/file another cap to fit, or mill/file the end of the check valve.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 PM #6
marcusg (Banned)

thats odd that the two fit so oddly?? i have never encountered that problem ever.
i am a little confused as to what you are refering to as a check valve? have pics??
Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 AM #7
mclothier

it does have a stock cap, but its a dusted finish, and the gun/ parts are gloss, so its more of a cosmetic thing than anything else. and the check valve are the silver tubes running the length of the gun behind the adrenaline milling/ the little nubbins under the front cap. see pic:
Old 02-08-2010, 12:21 AM #8
jasper371
DatsunAholic

Ah.

You could see if you could get the front cap anodized to match. You might as well send your ram housing and cap, and barrel in with it too. Anodize World is pretty cheap.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 AM #9
mclothier

just checked out that site, really cool! now i really wanna do this, but they do not offer dust to gloss conversion, so i still need to find a better front cap option. but for kicks, i have a freak back and front that could be using some red anodizing, as well as the hammer cap as you mentioned. does the pricing include the prep for taking the old ano off?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:56 AM #10
marcusg (Banned)

there are actually red ndz back caps that are already red. i dont know if they are gloss or dust though.
and i see what you mean. have you thought about a function lpr kit? that might should fit on there with no problems at all. comes with a tape worm and you could get those annoed to match as well or leave them black for the accents. the kit is 35 bucks at compulsivepaintball.com
any more questions pm me and ill see what i can do and help you get what you want and need

you can also get a plug screw so it sits flush with the body and any valve cap will work then

Last edited by marcusg : 02-08-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 AM #11
jasper371
DatsunAholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclothier View Post
just checked out that site, really cool! now i really wanna do this, but they do not offer dust to gloss conversion, so i still need to find a better front cap option. but for kicks, i have a freak back and front that could be using some red anodizing, as well as the hammer cap as you mentioned. does the pricing include the prep for taking the old ano off?
This guy actually owns and runs Anodize World I believe. Send him a PM for questions on it. It seems that they are one of the cheaper places though, and I've heard good things about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusg View Post
there are actually red ndz back caps that are already red. i dont know if they are gloss or dust though.
and i see what you mean. have you thought about a function lpr kit? that might should fit on there with no problems at all. comes with a tape worm and you could get those annoed to match as well or leave them black for the accents. the kit is 35 bucks at compulsivepaintball.com
any more questions pm me and ill see what i can do and help you get what you want and need

you can also get a plug screw so it sits flush with the body and any valve cap will work then
If he wanted the whole ram assembly to be gloss red, he'd have to buy a NDZ housing and an NDZ back cap.

He's talking about the valve cap itself as not matching his gloss color.

And lastly, a stock impulse lpr nipple will not fit an Adrenalin Impulse body because Adrenalin's use a slide check. He'd have to hunt down an Adrenalin lpr nipple, which are pretty rare right now because all the people who still have them are using them.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:50 PM #12
mclothier

^^
exactly. those slide checks are on both sides where most ppl would run a tapeworm/ lpr nipple, i have two little nubbins that house a slide check valve in both airways on the gun, which pretty much makes using an LPR redundant as the slide checks act as 14-way valve (like an angel). i guess the next part of project adrenalin is a new ano job, maybe turquoise or a bright and lighter blue of some sort.