PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2010, 06:43 PM #1
cloud64

cloud64 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cloud64 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Angel Fly problem

I have an Angel 1 Fly, and I have a problem with the roto breech. Even when the breech is locked down, I can open the breech. I takes very little force to open it while it is locked down.

I thought it was the breech block pins, but the pins are fine. ( I replaced them anyway.)

Any suggestions?
cloud64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2010, 07:14 PM #2
Jocasta (Banned)
Captain Strobe

Buy a new ram. You might as well get used to that process.
Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:54 PM #3
Element Paintball
is now FACTOR PAINTBALL

Annual Supporting Member
Element Paintball is a Supporting Member
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
theres a mod that allows you to rebuild the ram, from my understanding. it is however, only posted in the members section of the angelowners forum, and I'm not a paying member, so I can't help. I may be forced to offer an aftermarket ram for the A1 platform if I can draw them up and they aren't terribly expensive to produce.
Element Paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:37 PM #4
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

has been a member for 10 years
if you are the original owner, you may be able to get the ram replaced under warranty. have you checked the body to make sure the ram retaining pin is in there? have you checked the ram to make sure the breach knob pin is in there?

yes, AOG has a thread on how to mod the ram to be rebuildable. only $10 to become an SM to get access to it.

as far as making your own A1 ram... it's not too hard... shaft... a tube for the shaft to go in to... holes for the air from the noid to drive the shaft. grooves for the oring. ram adjuster knob. hammer. pretty simple.

why bother producing a brand new ram if you're just going to just improve the ram by making it moddable. i can see if you are going to add a delrin/nylon hammer... or a super low friction ram... or bigger holes for the air from the noid... but if it's just going to be moddable and you offer the same price or more expensive than stock... then someone can just come along and offer stock ram modding services for $20 and undercut you...

the mod is very easy. hardest part (for me) is taking the hammer off. but i've had my drill press set up for a few months and have done the mod 4 times already.
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback

Last edited by Winnebago : 02-07-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote