Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 02-05-2010, 07:13 PM #85
BennyT
Oderint dum metuant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmatt87 View Post
To hell with all this ! All I know is I got the best sponsor in the sport .
I agree. (And Barney secretly does too) ((and my liver disagrees vehemently))
West Point MVT 08|Paras Pelaaja, Finland 08|HN Red Dawn MVP 09|West Point MVP 09| MasterBlaster & Assault Ribbon, Kilsbergsbataljen #8|Viper Extravaganza EMR 10, MOFO

SPbTV.AC Uppsala.Wizeguy

Proud and northernmost member of the 518
BennyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2010, 07:43 PM #86
Jason518
Make something happen!

Jason518 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jason518 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
And with that, the thread comes to a close. Thanks for participating
Tooch Harderer.
Walking back to respawn since 1996!
Jason518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:14 PM #87
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Ourselves!......and the wife...
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
BarneyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 PM #88
lilmatt87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason518 View Post
And with that, the thread comes to a close. Thanks for participating
Oh please grow up it was a joke . I pay my own way and I have the Mrs's permission to say so go ahead tell her I dare ya .

Barney is right we have never done team sponsors. Very few would even listen to us when they find out we use what works for us regardless of the manufacturer or style of play it was intended for. We are harsh and vocal on our reviews of gear and if it's good we will say so but we will also say if it's crap. I have had posts pulled for being honest about a manufacturer's quality or lack of said quality . I have seen the Heff's have a marker go wonkers and watch them call Youngblood at home and ***** at him (Little know fact is Youngblood played with The Master Blasters when he was on the East Coast many years back, Pre DYE. The buzzard Marker looks alot like the Termites we used as a team marker.)

If and when we put a sponsors name under our sig it is more so an act of friendship as opposed to a business deal. As you can see I have three one is my brothers (and a dang fine product it is )and the others are a very good friends whom happens to see paintball the same way I do.
Now if your team go's to events and is and has payed their dues and is a positive force in paintball go get some assistance in playing from assorted manufacturers if you can

Just a word to the wise 10 percent below retail ain't sponsorship .

Proudly Sponsored by Tuthilltown Spirits. See more @ www.Tuthilltown.com
lilmatt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:09 PM #89
HitMan.
UNDERTAKERS

Quote:
Your right it's not. It took me 5 pages of reading before it got me to post. Good thread guys. Great points from both sides. I'll stay out of this one, but feel free to PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 PM #90
mustangjohn
Mustangjohn

Quote:
10% is not a full sponsorship but it is concidered an advertising sponsorship. Do teams deserve these? That is not our call but it is the manufacturers. The reason these teams don't get a better deal then that is exactly what has been said throughout this thread. They haven't earned it. If five guys on a team all want to wear the same vest and a company is willing to give them a break for putting their name out there so be it. It is not selling out or wrong so long as it is a win-win arangement for all concerned. No one is forcing them to wear that vest and if they didn't like them I am sure for only a 10% discount they wouldn't use them. If your team doesn't want to back a product, so be it, but I if it helps a team equip themselves and play more games then where's the harm. I think these discounts or sponsorships are a good thing allowing our sport to expand and grow.

RIP Dog 1
mustangjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:15 AM #91
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyNY View Post
This is a great thread. Love the discussion and point of fews. Thank you Josh and George for something on point.
I agree Barney. I had the chance to read this with George at Dinenr last night and we had a a great talk about this. ALl I have to say is I am Greatfull for what this team has and I will never ask for more.
There was a day, not that long ago when I had the team resume all ready, still do, was handing it out to anyone I thought would be interested. WOW was I foolish.
The Bar needs to be raised, let it be raised, althought it most likely will be lowered till it is burried.
Capt. Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 AM #92
Capt. Malone
WANT SOME? COME GET SOME!

Capt. Malone is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Ok I laughed at that one.

Gentle men this has been the most enjoyable thread to read that I can remember. Well done to all .

Josh great thread
LMAO
Great!
Well Said.
It is sad to see them, when you really know what they mean!
Only a few people here really know anything.
LMAO
Capt. Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:32 AM #93
mustangjohn
Mustangjohn

Wouldn't it be nice if instead of giving these discounts to every team to get their name out, these companies were to sponsor the scenarios themselfs. If they did this, allowing the fields to hold scenarios at lower costs it would still get their name out, wouldn't force anyone to use their product and would help to increase turnout. It would be no different them Sprint sponsoring Nascar. This could allow fields to help defray the cost of hauling and equiping tanks or go towards scenario props etc.........just a thought.

RIP Dog 1
mustangjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM #94
LordOderus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjohn View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if instead of giving these discounts to every team to get their name out, these companies were to sponsor the scenarios themselfs. If they did this, allowing the fields to hold scenarios at lower costs it would still get their name out, wouldn't force anyone to use their product and would help to increase turnout. It would be no different them Sprint sponsoring Nascar. This could allow fields to help defray the cost of hauling and equiping tanks or go towards scenario props etc.........just a thought.
That's probably the first really good idea anyone has had in this thread. It wouldn't be as useful for Speedball events, but for Scenarios it would work perfectly!
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:06 PM #95
ace0007

I agree...and the sponsor for the game would have "showcase" teams to show off their products in a game situation.

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:15 PM #96
Lowder
Assault & Battery SPT

Lowder owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lowder owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:

Wow! Now your talking.

How about all these "companies" take the 10% for this and 15% for that and gather that sponsor money up to sponsor some *****in games or build more sick dedicated scenario fields like Brass Eagle did with CPX.

Now Im not advocating the ridiculous gouging that some of us have run into with $80-$100 paint and stupid high field fees, but the company could even make a few bucks doing it. They don't have to be player charity games!

Think of the possiblities!
Ballin since 1992

Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.splatbrothers.com/
Shumate Automotive of Colonial Heights, VA.
Coastal Plains Environmental Group, Bonus Ballz Paintball Shop, South Coast Quality Management
Lowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 PM #97
lilmatt87

And this gentlemen is how great ideas get started. We have some very respected teams and team Cpt's popping onto this thread it might be time for us to chat with our sponsors about it.

Mustangjohn well said! It's something we can take to our sponsors and see what type of reaction we get. The worst they can do is back charge us for anything we have gotten .

Old 02-07-2010, 08:11 PM #98
tshields
Mr. MVP, Ask about Me!

tshields donated to help Peyton Trent
tshields is playing at Living Legends III
tshields supports our troops
tshields is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
And this gentlemen is how great ideas get started.
Delta Leads the way!

I Inspire Fear and Engender Hate........
Deadpool -- "I.M. Terrible brings you another captivating poem on one of PBnation's great trash talkers Mr. Shields"
tshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:32 PM #99
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshields View Post
Delta Leads the way!
LOL, MustangJohn is with Dog Soldiers.

Delta takes the Credit!
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:38 PM #100
envisionary
alkafluence

envisionary is playing at Living Legends V
envisionary is playing at Living Legends VI
envisionary is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
To paraphrase Tom Kaye, "Grow the overall pie."

To all the manufacturers - don't just try to take a larger and larger piece of a smaller (and still shrinking) pie. That only leads to price wars and decreased revenues for every manufacturer.
Outdoor Xtreme Chesapeake City
CCM - Chipley Custom Machine
envisionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:47 PM #101
lilmatt87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 03 View Post
LOL, MustangJohn is with Dog Soldiers.

Delta takes the Credit!
BWHAHAHAHA burnedddddd .
Shields I understand where your coming from but it's still a reach .

Quote:
Originally Posted by envisionary View Post
To paraphrase Tom Kaye, "Grow the overall pie."

To all the manufacturers - don't just try to take a larger and larger piece of a smaller (and still shrinking) pie. That only leads to price wars and decreased revenues for every manufacturer.
Well put sir .

Last edited by lilmatt87 : 02-07-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling
ReplyScenario Ups