Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-05-2010, 04:12 PM #1
DragonFruit

Impluse questions

I looking to back into paintball...but pretty strapped for cash so I'm going the cheap route...

I was looking at the old guns I used to want like 4 years ago, SFT shockers and DM4's...and holy crap there still going for like 250 bucks...then I started looking at impulses and most of them are going for 80-100 bucks..which is perfect for me...

Ive never shot them or seen one in person...but they look huge...is the weight significant?

Also do they all have LPRs???

A lot of them have max airlflows....how do they work and what are they suppose to do?

thanks!
DragonFruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2010, 05:10 PM #2
samuelkeesee12

They dont all have LPRs, bust most of the newer ones will have them. The weight isnt too bad. I dont really know what to compare it to. I have owned 6 or 7 different Impulses and I didnt think they were too heavy. I believe you are referring to a max-flow. That is just the name of the vertical regulator ( or HPR ) that most Impulses have . Its what they came with stock but some people changed them.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:14 PM #3
jasper371
DatsunAholic

jasper371 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
jasper371 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Impulse's are heavier than any newer made guns, but aren't all that bad once you get used to it. You have to remember that stock bodied Impulse's use to be used by a lot of pro teams, so they obviously weren't too heavy for them.

Not all of them come with lpr's, you have to look and ask before you buy one. And Max-Flow's are the high pressure regulator that Impulse's came with. They are a very reliable regulator and work really good. I would highly recommend that you use compressed air with your Impulse, as Co2 can cause many problems. A used metal HPA tank can be found for $20 to $30 used.

Ebay will be the cheapest route to getting an Impulse, but make sure you ask a lot of questions first, such as these:

1. Does the gun function properly?
2. Does the gun have Vision? (Vision means that the gun has the Vision Eye upgrade, which is essential and expensive to buy separately.)
3. Has the gun ever been used with Co2? (Guns used with Co2 can have o-ring problems or a busted solenoid. The solenoid is an expensive part to replace, unless you get lucky and find one for cheap.)
4. What upgrades does it have? (Look for guns that have a lot of NDZ parts, they will be worth more and will make the gun perform a lot better)
5. Are there stripped screws? (Not really an Impulse question, but always ask because stripped screws are a pain in the ***.)

Last edited by jasper371 : 02-05-2010 at 07:17 PM.
jasper371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 PM #4
marcusg (Banned)

i have an imp with no vision and have no problems. vision is a personal choice and as long as your hopper feeds decent you wont need to worry...
marcusg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 PM #5
Umami
"That guy"

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
IMO there are better markers for $100 used out there, especially if you just want to get out and play. Look around a little more, or send me a PM if you want suggestions.

That being said, the old markers are fun as hell to tinker around with, and they shoot paintballs. They're decent markers, and have garnered a respectable fan base. A solid platform to get back onto the field with.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM #6
toxic151

what is better for 100 bucks. a spider,98maybe an old mech gun.
toxic151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:15 PM #7
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic151 View Post
Ask in here:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3062934
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 PM #8
jasper371
DatsunAholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusg View Post
i have an imp with no vision and have no problems. vision is a personal choice and as long as your hopper feeds decent you wont need to worry...
The non-vision board is capped at 13 bps, which is relatively slow. Yes psp shoots 10 or 13 or whatever is is now, but people still run through lanes.

Also, he says he's strapped for cash. Getting an Impulse WITH vision will be cheaper than buying a force-fed hopper. A revvy may or may not do the job reliably, but with Vision you don't have to worry about it anyway. If he's going to spend the money on an Impulse, he should get one with Vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic151 View Post
Impulse will perform better than all of those for that much money, in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 PM #9
J. Thompson #5150
Now with 20% more AWESOME

J. Thompson #5150 donated to help Peyton Trent
J. Thompson #5150 supports Team VICIOUS
Hell yeah, I miss mine already. Definitely can't go wrong with an Impulse, especially if you're stuck between it and a Spyder or Tippmann.
J. Thompson #5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:54 PM #10
marcusg (Banned)

yes the impulse is a much better platform and i personally wouldnt take another marker for the fact that it is capped at the 13. i play sppl and am capped at 15 so it runs perfect. however i have actually had mine shooting over the 15 bps so i know it shoots faster than 13 bps with no vision...
but for the price if you can manage to find one with vision it will hands down be a great marker. minor tweaking and ups over time help too lol
Old 02-08-2010, 12:17 AM #11
jasper371
DatsunAholic

The stock blue light non-vision cricket board is capped at 13 bps. If yours somehow shoots faster than that, then you have a special one.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 AM #12
marcusg (Banned)

ha ha jasper so you know im not trying to argue with you and i dont think its a stock one. i just know there is no vision board or eye on it. but it shoots immaculate so i cant complain. more efficient on air then when i originally got it too. havent even gotten the RIP valve yet and im between 100-120 psi
Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 AM #13
jasper371
DatsunAholic

If it doesn't have a blue light then it could be one of the old Amber light boards. I have one and you adjust the ROF cap by turning a little dial on it.

I had just assumed you were talking about the stock blue light board, my bad.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:52 AM #14
marcusg (Banned)

no you are right that it is a blue light board. i know for a fact however that it will do more than 13bps. i wouldnt mind the amber light board though, or for tadao to actually make one for these like they did for ol excaliburs. would be way nice to get more functions than just the semi auto