Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-02-2010, 05:01 PM #22
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Laws and RPG used to be like cops. You could never find one when you needed one. So we had a contest so everyone could have an anti tank weapon.

Here ya go: The winner of the Ultimate Anti Tank Weapon Contest.

Had to be under $20 to build so every person on the field could have one.

I have played in my tank against a SQUAD of guys with Nerf launchers that would not shoot any farther than this. They killed me all day long. After a while I stopped TRYING to penetrate deep into enemy territory even WITH infantry support. We killed a bunch but like mosquitos, there was always ONE MORE ready to nail you.

And as long as the field or producer says it is legal. Its legal. I have YET to see a rule book that says a cannon has to be pneumatically powered.

The runner up actually shot Nerfs:

Go buy 2 foot of 2 inch diameter of schedule 20 PVC pipe. The thin wall. Kind of hard to find in the city where they have building codes. Schedule 40 works too but about twice as heavy.. You could drill holes in it.

Get a 2" x 1 1/2" reducer fitting and glue it on. Glue 2 feet of 1 1/2" PVC pipe to it. A cap on the end so it doesn't slip out of your hands.

You should have something that looks like a 4 foot whiffle bat. Drop in a Nerf and swing it like a baseball bat. See where that Nerf winds up. Then repeat the process until you get it to go the direction you want...

Trim the nerf fins to match the bulb diameter so they drop in and slide out easily. Tinker with the length of the 2 inch pipe, maybe a cut out the 2" section so it throws like a Lacrosse stick. Might be faster to reload too.

Do a double ended version. Whomp! Whoomp!

Sounds like an afternoon of silliness and fun to me. Just add beer, a pizza, and some buddies.

Just Remember, REAL Scenario player don't run AWAY from tanks...

Last edited by Boom Master : 01-02-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2010, 06:40 PM #23
CRAPGAME
PUMP REVOLUTION

Annual Supporting Member
i would strongly recomend not building your own law UNLESS you regulate the airsource down to a "safe" pressure. even then your playing with proverbeal fire. no matter what pressure you use its still a presureized vessel and plastic and black pipe. check the rating on pvc and black pipe and valves. co2 is rated @ 800psi+ unregulated. so all you 12 gram users. think about that. might be a little volume, but its still alot of pressure. save your pennys and buy a launcher made for the game, lots of options out there
CRAPGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:30 AM #24
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Here is a nifty "pocket rocket' that Fastlearner uses on my tank regularly.
Very Compact and clip on his belt. A couple of them because they are what we call "one shots" You get one shot because it takes too long to reload. Hit and run if you miss.

It runs on a 12 gram and uses burst disk technology. It will actually get a Nerf up to the speed limit out of that incredibly short barrel. It is very loud and is a High Pressure system meaning above 150 psi we usually use so don't skimp on the plumbing. That bottom unions is schedule 80 PVC and the rest is brass or galvanized pipe rated 300 psi. Barrel is PVC.

FYI black pipe has a lower pressure rating than galvanized. Post above suggest you use black pipe. Use the galvanized.

Pull the pin and the spring pushes the 12 gram onto a pin to open it. He has rigged a lever/trigger that pulls the pin. Pressure builds until the pressure disk burst. Takes less than a second AND a steady hand when you pull the pin.

That plumbing union is where the burst disk installs. He uses household aluminum foil. The number of layers controls the velocity.

A piece of information that we could ALL use is how big of an air chamber will result in 150 psi or less when you fill it from a standard 12 gram. That would keep from having to regulate it, reduce costs, and ensure safety. Anybody know or have put a pressure guage on a 12 gram filled RPG? Give me the dimensions and I can calculate the volume for us to use.

Last edited by Boom Master : 01-26-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:02 PM #25
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
A piece of information that we could ALL use is how big of an air chamber will result in 150 psi or less when you fill it from a standard 12 gram. That would keep from having to regulate it, reduce costs, and ensure safety. Anybody know or have put a pressure guage on a 12 gram filled RPG? Give me the dimensions and I can calculate the volume for us to use.
Check here...
http://www.spudfiles.com/spudtech_ar...pic.php?t=6764

Pay attention to the dynamic high chart, just in case you play on a really hot day.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote