Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2009, 08:38 PM #1
killercordova

T storm pistol

Sorry if its vauge at this point but I just wrote this indetail and then my computer decide to have a problem with the web site and ther it went gone.

OK short version,
1. Remove foregrip and barrel/shorten
2. Move paintball feed level with gun convert to stock class.clip style, or can hopper
3. Move ASA to side of gun, still allow use of tanks/remote coil, would be using 12gram adaptor.

Any suggestions or comments would help, nad yes i know every one this gun sucks and i should buy a real pistol. I would like to get the Tippman TPX but I might as well buy a new gun for that much. I think the only main problem I would have is running the line for the ASA and mounting the ASA it self to the gun.
killercordova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2009, 06:45 PM #2
foughtwolf
First-And-Only Men!

You have about two inches of barrel maybe. You'll never get it up to velocities on a 12gram with any sort of efficiency and the accuracy will be horrid.

Im sorry but its really not even worth the effort, it would not work at all really.

"Originally posted by BGardner: AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business."
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 AM #3
zWarlord
Thought Police

The internal volume is going to be huge too. most of your 12 gram is going to be used up just filling the areas before the valve.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:36 PM #4
killercordova

Well I ordered the 12 gram adapter yesterday, I will hook it up to my normal gun I have now and go from there and see what happens. I may not be always be using 12 grams either. Like I said it's an idea will see, if I can get my main gun to work with the 12's if it does ill have to start playing around with no barrels or a short one I have laying around.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:00 AM #5
zWarlord
Thought Police

you may want to look at working a back check into the marker design, right after the changer, so that you dont loose all the pressure you have built up.
This is a problem 2K+ cockers run into, way too much volume. On some an entire 12gram was being used just to pressurize the marker.
Also, you may want to look into some new springs for that marker too. I'd be willing to bet that you will need slightly stiffer springs to make it cycle. But having not worked with that marker a great deal i couldn't say for sure.

Last edited by zWarlord : 09-30-2009 at 12:03 AM.
zWarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM #6
killercordova

still waiting for my 12gram asa to come, the check valve would help im just tryomg to find lines the I could find or make
Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 PM #7
killercordova

well i got the 12 gram into day and actually most of you are wrong, the co2 fills the chamber very well, and I can get around 25-30 shots out of the 12 gram. The only problem I have is that the 12gram will freeze if i start to fire to fast, but this shouldnt be a problem because, If its used as a side arm not that many shots and not that much ammo so i would have to pick my shots. I also could use my remote coil with a tank , freezing problem gone the check valve will not be needed. What I have to look into now is figuring out a way to run some macro line for the gun, then if I can figure that out buy the gun and start doing work to it.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 PM #8
foughtwolf
First-And-Only Men!

Thirty bloody shots? At what FPS?

"Originally posted by BGardner: AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business."
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 PM #9
killercordova

well yes I get about 20 shots at 200 fps little on the slow side but ill take, i might switch over to a 9oz. I dont have the 6 shot tube on right now because I was playing with semi so I the 50 round so I just carry a pod. I left the ASA incase if I wanted to add a tank for weight ballance problems. I now also have the velocity cap and cocking bolt silver.

Last edited by killercordova : 10-22-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:12 AM #10
Capt'n Crunch
Bonus Balled Toucan Sam

Well, I for one love your idea and I commend you for it. Very original idea and great use of hillbilly engineering

My suggestion is cutting the ASA off the bottom and moving it up to the side of the gun like I think you were saying.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM #11
killercordova

Update?

Uh Well messing around with this idea a little more, I still have to do some paint but did a couple little thing, changed out the internals , working on a custom bolt similiar to the Planet Eclispe Cure Bolt 3. I might scrap that idea, and may keep the ASA were it is just for placemennt of a tank, remote line, ect.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:22 PM #12
logan_pb23 (Banned)

when your done i wanna see shotting vids
logan_pb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:40 PM #13
killercordova

Almost done

Well I can get vuds up soon, I have all thepainting done, might paint over the warnings, not sure, yet, I currenty have the trigger apart right now. Considering adding (rebound) like response trigger kinda. look for it on youtube.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:32 AM #14
vs3 man ftw

vs3 man ftw helped look for balloons
vs3 man ftw is playing at Living Legends III
vs3 man ftw is playing at Living Legends V
vs3 man ftw supports Sherwood Forest
vs3 man ftw posts videos on PbNation
vs3 man ftw plays in the APPA D4 division
vs3 man ftw has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
its electric? omg. or did it come that way. cause i bought a tstorm for a dollar to try a similar mod and it wasnt electric
vs3 man ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM #15
killercordova

No it didnt come, that way, I used the internals from an old Viewloader Charger frame.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:12 PM #16
killercordova

Poll

Im sure no one really cares but strangley there is a good number of views soooo. While I am doing some other mods like a expansion chamber, while i have the frame off I am wondering if I should do something similar to this

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2987704
Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 PM #17
killercordova

Finished

Well sorta I still have to use it outside and see how that goes, but its been raining for the last 3 days. If you have any questions just ask, and I think there will be some actuall footage of it outside in use, I am still debating if i should get like a Tippman SSL200 loader or something. O the apex barrel is 16 inches to give a size comparision.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 PM #18
el zorro
The Fox

el zorro supports Bob Gurnsey
el zorro is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've enjoyed your write up. I think if I was going to use it as a pistol only, I'd install the 12 gram at the fore-grip position and use it that way.

and trusty JT Excellerator 4.0

Who is that man behind the mask?
el zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:21 PM #19
killercordova

Thanks

Nice to hear to feed back for once, I might have to do that if I run it as a pistol, I dont think that would be to hard to do.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:26 PM #20
cypes

I'm sure you've already might have said this but what kind of fore-grip did you use on your gun?
cypes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:23 PM #21
killercordova

It's from a older striker, I forget what model but it just a semi-auto mech frae.