Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:39 PM #1
seanhockey13 (Banned)

seanhockey13 plays in the PSP
seanhockey13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seanhockey13 supports Team VICIOUS
seanhockey13 plays in the APPA D4 division
Question Help on starting a club at highschool

first off sorry for this post i know there are other like it that talk about paintball at highschools. Now i got to burnsville in minnesota and me and my freind went to the office just to see what we had to do to start a CLUB the said go to talk this guy. so we did and we said hi sir we would like to know how do we start a club. he said what club? we said paintball with out hesatation he said NO. burnsville does not support weapons. Now we are thinking wow how we gonna get past this. all we wanted was to be able to put up posters in the school and use the school logo.

any ideas to help us out?

ps. if you got any suggestions email them to me at seanobregon@comast.net sense i usually use my email alot
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2009, 06:15 PM #2
jojoloco

jojoloco has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jojoloco has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball "MARKERS" ARE NOT WEAPONS
it is a much safer sport than football and hockey. Far less injuries and it gets a more variety of people to start joining school clubs..
u will have to b creative and stretch your ideas. Also a survey of students and teachers around the school... including the principal will also be helpfull. Look up local laws surrounding paintball and what they classify as a "weapon"
report back with him with a carefully outlined projection of your club
i was thinking about doing the same for absegami high school in galloway, NJ
but the only problem was the money it would take... fundraisers obviously wouldnt work

good luck
Old 12-30-2009, 02:20 AM #3
Furb

I know this thread is old but heres what I did at my school. jojo that weapon classification idea you have I did that an it got some support. Next gain the trust of the school board an take an active roll in the PTA I know I know it sucks but its for paintball. After you have gained their trust and have been active in the PTA show them the statistics of injuries in sports and then show paintball injuries. They will see that is has a lower injury rate than all other sports. Then after you show them go all out on the rules and safety procedures on everything mask hell even barrel condoms just show them how safe it is. Next this is risky but get a paintball marker take it apart an show them how it works ok? know how it works will make people fell safer towards it ok? Then have students write an essay about what they think about and what they would think if they could join a high school paintball club. Next take all the really influential school board members to a field and show them how safe paintball is. When they get a nice good idea of how safe it is they might just support it. Then propose the idea of a paintball club once again one principal against the local PTA, school board, and entire student body wont work too well for him I can assure you.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:27 AM #4
jferkin
Kenosha Baller

jferkin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Make sure you bring in pictures of you, and other playing... Take a barel sock a mask and any other protective gear to show them...
Closed Thread