Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 PM #1
hiddenphantom

What is a good radio to use for a scenario game.

I am looking to upgrade myself with a radio and headset. So I would like some input on what people recommend. I really want to be able to talk to the central comms guy for the team without being the only one on a freq so he has to keep scanning or switching channels to talk to me.

Also, understand that I am working on a budget of between 50-100 dollars.

Alright go!
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 PM #2
indy007
ND Toy Company

programmable uhf/vhf from ebay.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 PM #3
hiddenphantom

Will the programmable uhf/vhf radios also be able to talk to people using standard cobra/motarola radios?? I am working on becoming a scout type so really any help is great.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:57 PM #4
splntercell
TopGun Knight

You are not going to find a radio that will work on every band. there are so many to pick from (uhf/vhf, frs/gmrs, exrs) your best bet is to check with the fields you play most at and see what the popular band is there. If you go with somthing other then frs/gmrs you may want to buy 2 so you can give the command one.
splntercell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 AM #5
hiddenphantom

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/thr...-combo-package

Has anyone tryed this package before?? Also do different brand radios with privaticy codes work together???
Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 PM #6
splntercell
TopGun Knight

Its an overpriced package. I personally don't like throat mics because they don't work on everyone and need to stay put in an exact spot to work. The radios you can get a pair for less than $40 bucks. The throat mics they a bundling it with are listed at $45 each if you buy them separately. My opinion would be search around for the radios at a cheaper place and buy a standard air tube earpiece with a ptt button and mic.

forgot to add if you want a throat mic do some research and read reviews. A good throat mic that will work well and not make you sound like your gargling water will probably cost you more than $45.

Last edited by splntercell : 01-18-2010 at 05:44 PM.
splntercell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:25 PM #7
dog soldier 2
Co-Founder

Look into TriSquare xrs radios. Completely secured & programmable with each other. Ten billion differrent channel options as well as text messaging & 100 pre programmed user numbers. We have been using them for about a year now and they've been great.
CUSTOM PRODUCTS - BUNKER MUNKEYZ
DOG SOLDIERS - RARE BREED
dog soldier 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 AM #8
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog soldier 2 View Post
Look into TriSquare xrs radios. Completely secured & programmable with each other. Ten billion differrent channel options as well as text messaging & 100 pre programmed user numbers. We have been using them for about a year now and they've been great.
Thanks, but do you run with a team? I am more of the lone scout/sniper type. I have just learned that for me to be 10x more effective I need to be able to relay info to command. So what I am looking for is something versitle enough for me to talk to which ever side I am on, light weigh, and quiet for me to talk while I am hanging out in enemy territory. Again, thank you for the idea.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:09 PM #9
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Any update on this subject. I, too, am looking at radios for scenarios. was curious about what you wound up going with, if any???
Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote