Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-15-2010, 03:38 PM #22
pusher man

pusher man owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Also, what these guys are saying about the laser and tac- light. They are not of course, military grade, but they ARE pretty nice for paintball purposes.
pusher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2010, 06:39 PM #23
Aerophyre

has been a member for 10 years
I do not actually own a T9 but having done a lot of research I can tell you some of the pros and cons of having one.

Pros:

Modular: One of the most modular guns out there. Its a rifle, its a pistol, its clip fed, its hopper fed, its 12 gram, its constant air, its everything you can possibly want it to be.

Clip fed: A rarity for paintball. If you don't mind a severely limited ammo count, the low profile and weight can really change the game for you.

First Strike: No need for explanation there.

Exclusive: Youll probably be the only one at your field with one so the cool factor is up there.

Cons:

Rate of fire: This is probably one of the biggest cons for this gun, although the first strike does somewhat counter balance this. When it comes down to it, this gun is a mechanical single trigger paintball gun. Rate of fire will be modest at best.

Limited upgrades: Not counting first strike, there are zero performance mods for this gun other than possibly a barrel. If you want something bigger or faster you'll have to buy a new gun.

Like I said I don't own one this is just what I know from research.

BTW OP I notice youre in Cruces. Me too! Where do you play?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:57 PM #24
firefly0926

aerophyre i play everywhere!! sometimes taylor or dunn. where do you play? thanks for the info.

pusher man i emailed you. im very interested.

a 50mm sight would cost about how much? would the stock sights be decent for now?
firefly0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 PM #25
Aerophyre

Im new to the area so I dont know anywhere to play. What are some good places?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 PM #26
firefly0926

going to nmsu? we usually play in 2 places. taylor rd and dunn rd depending on what our numbers look like.

what does the first strike mag cost? and what are the differences in the barrels?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:05 AM #27
Dynastyfan777

Dynastyfan777 is playing at Living Legends V
Dynastyfan777 is playing at Living Legends VI
Dynastyfan777 is playing at Living Legends VII
Dynastyfan777 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Dynastyfan777 posts videos on PbNation
FS mags cost 40 bucks each pretty much everywhere. The FS barrel just has a larger inlet to allow FS rounds to feed into it. I just bought the 3 FS mag pack with holster for 150 at rockstartactical.com
Dynastyfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:36 AM #28
melkson
Raptor Guru

there are more that a modded barrel and mag to the first strike. the bolt is modded, and the barrel is changed too.

the 'scope' is just a red/green dot that offers no magnification. I replaced mine with flip-up grenade sights. helps calculate drop for those FS rounds (plus looks awesome). You also might consider a multi-level crossbow sight.

the above pros/cons are fairly valid. However the marker doesnt NEED performance upgrades. It's not for people who like to lay down a hail of paint. I go out with 1 hopper of paint, and 1 130rd pod, and this lasts me 1-3 games. I only have 1 FS mag, and slap that in for those 'special' moments. (GET OFF MY HILLS)

sadly, mine isn't totally unique at the field. My friend and my wife each have a t9, and a t8. thats how much we love them.

Oh, and get a x7 g-36 sightrail for yours. the 'scope riser' that comes with t9's is a heavy worthless piece. Only lifts the scope 1 inch, and to use any optics, you need it 2-3 up.

melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:49 AM #29
firefly0926

hadnt thought of the crossbow sights thats a good idea. so the scope is pretty much not worth it. thats good to know. first strike mags sound pricey. how many do you think you would need for a 2 day scenario game?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 AM #30
melkson
Raptor Guru

considering you pay about $0.75 per First strike round, hopefully not too many.

I run regular paint from my hopper, and switch to FS now and then, fire 1-2 shots, and back to hopper. I have yet to need to reload my fs clip in a firefight, and thats how I think of it. What will I need per engagment, not per day. I can hide and reload after a firefight or in the staging area.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:28 PM #31
astainless

No a bad deal. I got my basic model on Ebay for 165 shipped with tank and remote. had to add $40 in parts to complete it but I still need a scope.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:03 PM #32
firefly0926

165 first strike ready?
$0.75 a paintball....ouch.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:32 PM #33
astainless

Not FS ready. But used a regular T9 Elite is $295 to $325 shipped. You can use regular paintballs with FS mags. The FS is more for sneaky long range woods balls sniper shots.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:27 AM #34
firefly0926

yeah thats true. well the package he is selling is coming first strike ready and ive been lookin on ebay and havent had much luck.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:36 AM #35
melkson
Raptor Guru

don't forget to check mcarterbrown.com, I got my t9 kit complete (no FS) for $200 there