Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-02-2010, 01:11 AM #1
weeman72492

weeman72492 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
weeman72492 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
weeman72492 supports Team VICIOUS
Help

i need help with a decision a guy wants to trade me his epiphany brand new in box for my diablo mongoose however his only shoots 18bps and my diablo shoots 20bps what do i do is the epiphany a good marker or does it have alot of bad reviews
3. We always wear protection
2. We dont mind getting a little dirty
1. All of us have at least a 12" barrel.
weeman72492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:31 AM #2
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
keeperdude plays in the APPA D4 division
i have no clue about the diablo but i will tell you this, the epiphany is a GREAT gun. i have had mine several years and it hasn't acted up even once. it is truly a quality marker. about the bps, does it even matter? you typically arent even allowed to shoot over 12 or 13, so will that extra 2bps really matter? don't think so.

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:29 PM #3
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
his epiphany, if you bought a 75$ 7th element board, could shoot up to 28 or 30 BPS, and if you threw in a ton of other upgrades could do well over 30. However, as has been stated, most fields will make you cap below 12 BPS anyways, so that would be kindof pointless.

I honestly like my Epiphany about as equally as my Etek2. The epiphany is crazy comfortable to shoot, relatively quiet (it's a spool valve, so all of the gas is released through the barrel porting), and very consistent.

the only complaint i have would be that it is a bit difficult to take apart.

also, if you are the kind of person who doesn't clean your equipment regularly, or is not mechanically inclined (likes to tinker), don't bother with the epiphany. you need to enjoy taking stuff apart and fiddling with it in order to enjoy this gun.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:37 PM #4
keeperdude
Ramblin' Wreck

keeperdude is an NCPA player
keeperdude plays in the APPA D4 division
Agreed, its definitely a chore to take apart and clean. But in my mind all i care about is how it shoots, the fact is you never have to take it apart on the field because it's a really good gun that won't break on you.

It definitely is comfortable to shoot and it has the best trigger i have ever pulled...stock!

BIG thanks to:
Nitro Paintball
keeperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 PM #5
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
I would like to add that the Mongoose is really just a spyder clone. The epiphany will be a huge upgrade over the mongoose.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 AM #6
Sw00page

Sw00page helped look for balloons
Sw00page is playing at Living Legends III
Sw00page is for the Gunfight
Sw00page is for the Gunfight
Agreed. Take the deal, I went from a Spyder Imagine to Epiphany, huge upgrade. You won't be disappointed!
Sw00page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 AM #7
Quaker
team escape clean captain

some thoughts you should consider. smart parts went out of buisness. so parts in the future may or may not be a problem. idk. hard to say. the mongoose is a ok gun nothing special. the epiphany is a good tournament level gun with alot of upgrades. another thought is. do you see anyone on the fields shooting mongoose's? i dont think so but you do see alot of ions,epiphany's,and eos, so in my opinion i would do it. but on the other hand what if the bank does stop anything smart parts makes? honestly the epiphany you can still get more money for. take all of this into consideration. and run the epiphany for a little while. ask him to try it out next time you see it. and feel how it is in your hands. see if you like the feel of the grips the trigger and the trigger frame and its low amount of kick. i can almost guarantee you will like it. its what got me hooked.As far as bps. noone can roll a trigger that fast but a few people i can only hit 14 bps if im in my peak. and ramping fails unless u r good at rolling all tournaments only let you do 10.5 now anyways so no honest point. whatever you do just dont pt a virtue in it. i did and it was the biggest mistake i have ever made

smart parts epiphany with vurtue board,cp asa,360 QEV, vlocity hopper with virtue crown, sp pants jersey and gloves.

sellin a 68/30 pure energy freshly rehydrod with rhino cover 120 hit me up
Quaker is offline   Reply With Quote