Community Focus

Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 PM #1
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
All I Know Is I want one..

So about a month ago while driving on 309 near quakertown I passed a place dureing the evening and could have sworn I had seen a tank parked in front..

a few days ago I was passing the same area and kept my eyes open and sure enough I found it right where I thought I had seen it..except it wasnt a tank..turned out it was a ferret/light scout car.

Im not sure if it runs, im not sure if its for sale or just somewhere for the owner to hang his banner for his buisness (included pics of banner for anyone currious enough to call up and ask how much they are willing to part with it for)

I think with a few minor additions/mods you can make this into nice tank for scenario games..

everything seems to be in pretty decent shape on the outside excetpt the original tools on the front..tires looked solid enough but may be worse then they look..

sorry for the pics being odd,they got messed up when I emailed them from my phone.

right side

right side back

left side back

left side/banner

front right

frontleft

I wish I had the money to just get one of these..lol

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 12-31-2009 at 01:37 PM.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2009, 02:35 PM #2
Gommmo45
A ripped man

Gommmo45 is playing at Living Legends III
Gommmo45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gommmo45 supports Team VICIOUS
Gommmo45 is for the Gunfight
sell your house and live in the tank. DO IT!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 PM #3
AllThingsEmpire
:dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy:

AllThingsEmpire owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
LOL. That takes "blast cleaning" to a whole new level.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:39 PM #4
Furb

Well I know of a place that has like 3 of these for the mega uber ultra low did I mention it was uber? price of 5,500$ (USD) they just need the engine fixed, tires, rust removed lots of other unimportant minor fixes, and maybe the transmission fixed a little bit oh yea and there isnt any holes from other tanks lol.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 AM #5
AllThingsEmpire
:dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy:

AllThingsEmpire owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Buy me one, furb.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 AM #6
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsEmpire View Post
Buy me one, furb.
Ok sure lemme just pull 5,500$ right out my *** buy you one an hand it over. Buddy if I had the money I would keep it take it to the ag barn at my school an fix it myself I would skip every other class to work on it all day and all night no joke.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 AM #7
Furb

But what I will do is pm anyone who would like to know where they are at.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 AM #8
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

thats pretty cool. you can buy those for like 30 grand in running condition. you can also buy a soviet Tank for about 50 gs.

1.SS Panzer Korps
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:44 PM #9
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
thats pretty cool. you can buy those for like 30 grand in running condition.
I know where to get one for just a little over 5 gs.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:31 PM #10
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furb View Post
Well I know of a place that has like 3 of these for the mega uber ultra low did I mention it was uber? price of 5,500$ (USD) they just need the engine fixed, tires, rust removed lots of other unimportant minor fixes, and maybe the transmission fixed a little bit oh yea and there isnt any holes from other tanks lol.
Plus how many thousands to get it running and back into shape.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM #11
fbkboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furb View Post
I know where to get one for just a little over 5 gs.
Where, oh where, FURB?
fbkboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:29 PM #12
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

thats a decent vehicle but imagine what you could do with this damn thing lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6x6-amphibious-Alvis-Atalwart_W0QQitemZ300383720209QQcmdZViewItemQQptZM ilitary_Vehicles?hash=item45f043d311

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 AM #13
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
SPAM much?

edit: SPAM graciously removed by mods. Yay!

Last edited by stevebski : 01-06-2010 at 08:38 AM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 AM #14
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbkboe View Post
Where, oh where, FURB?
No! Im saving for one! mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 AM #15
bebopblues2071

The U.N. is still using these things over in Africa. I’ve read that the biggest problem with them is the electrical system, and that the battery weighs a lot. I think it would be interesting to buy one, gut it, and revamp the whole engine with a more modern transmission and drive train (That thing got a hemi?), along with a modern electrical system and an over worked suspension. Pimp my tank Xzibit!!! Throw in a custom JBL sound system and 52’ LED TV, an Xbox 360, and a hot tub and chromed out spinning rims and that puppy is ready for the battle field.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 PM #16
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Some pros and cons of this particular vehicle

As I read thru all these posts I can see how many of us are wishing that we all could have a assault or small tank of this nature to play our wargames in. This of course includes myself. I have looked around for ex-military or street vehicles to modify to be a more real looking tank. But the bottom line is a vehicle of this nature really practical for our games. Even if someone took the time and especially lots of money to rebuild and or retrofit this vehicle would it really be worth it in the long run. Sure you would be the talk of the town or paintball field and perhaps some bragging rights for one of the coolest looking vehicles. But in the long run what do you really get. The so called ghetto tanks or non-scaled tanks/assault vehicles go by the same rules. Theres no real advantage of this vehicle over the others except looks. The indirect costs of maintenance and transport of this vehicle would make this a real money pit. The costs of a trailer and perhaps truck to transport/pull a vehicle of this size and weight would surely add to the overall costs. Not sure if the many fields would allow this type of vehicle for insurance reasons. One of the big dis-advantages I see is the small window vision port holes for a gunner and driver to see where they are going or shooting at. Once a number of other paintballers zero in on this vehicle and barrage it with numerous paintballs. These vision ports will be covered soon and the tank would become blind making it temporary unsafe. A tanker would have to exit their tank to clean these ports. Of course this means all the people they were just shooting at would more then likely want to get a little revenge on the tanker. I dont mean to sound negative here. But to consider a vehicle like this one better put alot of thought here before they spend thousands of dollars to procure one and all the related costs. I am sure there are many other things to mention here but this is just a few. Now if this vehicle had a bigger turret and vision ports I could see where some paintballer could have some fun.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:08 PM #17
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

On the armored car thing above (NO ITS NOT A TANK!) you could easily remove the 3 square plates that the vision ports are in and fabricate a screen window.the think is kinda heavy though and with fields caving in to the insuranse companies thus ruining the sport, i dont think this would help.It would be cool though!

My Panzers vision ports are 1/3 the size they use to be and we see fine. If you get too much paint on the screen you just wack it with your hand and it comes off. In a larger/heavier vehicle the tank should obviously just stop when it cant see. Im working on a lexan and screen system to keep the inside clean while still being able to see properly. it will enable me to have either lexan,screen or be open when driving out of the game.

more realistic looking vehicles arent going to make you an unstoppable tank be any means. But i think they add a coolness factor to the game that a guy with a net over his head doesnt .Anything with a good off road ability is a huge plus in my book. Even a golf cart with a posi or the differential wleded should work better than one wheel peel

anyone see that new show on the discovery channel where they build tracked vehicles ect for the police and military? i think its called "howe and howe tech" or something

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 01-06-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM #18
bebopblues2071

heck with turning it into a paintball tank, I'd love to have one and make it street legal. that things got to get what, 5 highway 2 city? It would make getting through L.A. traffic a lot easier. I mean THROUGH traffic in the most literal sense of the word . Actually it kinda looks street legal already. It has head and tail lights, rear view mirrors, turn signals, and break lights. Make those vision ports a little bigger and swap in some bullet proof glass and you have one heck of a daily commuter . Imagine seeing that thing tailing you? I would surely get out of the *%$@ing way!!!