Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2009, 10:29 PM #22
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by baberuth2old View Post
ok what does this mean and can u plz explain it to me?
message me plzzzzz
In simple term's depending on the tank, the material it's made of, the date it was made, etc.... you need to have your tank hydro'd every 3-5 years (again depending on the above) to test for stability and reliability.

Quoted from this article Here
Quote:
If you have been around paintball long enough, sooner or later, you will hear the term the “Hydro test.” Basically the paintball cylinder that you have on your paintball marker needs to be retested for its serviceability every three to five years.

Department of Transportation (DOT) requires vessels (bottles) to be tested regularly and it is a good idea to do. I would hate to imagine having a full bottle failing on me inches from my chest cuz it was way past hydro.
You can read all about it Here

If your wondering about a CP tank all of our tanks have a 5 year Hydro on them and you can see when your tank will need to be rehydro'd by the date printed on the tank.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 AM #23
M98custom1212
 
 
M98custom1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
Also check the top of the piston (the skinny part that goes through the center piece) and make sure there are no knick's or ding's as if that gets damaged it won't seal properly.
changed every oring but i lubed it with dow 33 not dow55. no knicks
__________________

OLD FEEDBACK

Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:47 AM #24
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
changed every oring but i lubed it with dow 33 not dow55. no knicks
Lube it with 55 so the O-Ring's can swell up and create a better seal. It sound's like you've changed everything, however something is being overlooked, Next thing I would say is send it in to me and I'll put all new parts in it.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:17 PM #25
M98custom1212
 
 
M98custom1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Will do thanks alot.

I will keep you up dated
__________________

OLD FEEDBACK

Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:59 PM #26
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
Will do thanks alot.

I will keep you up dated
If you want to PM me you address I'll ship you a new seat carrier to see if that could solve the problem
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:47 AM #27
madzozs
Resident Pollack
 
madzozs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 518
I bought my 68/45k LP tank in the summer of 08. Not a single problem with it up until recently. It sat for most of this year due to work and other distractions. I went out to play a few weeks ago and when I went to fill it, it wouldn't seal after I removed the hose from the nipple. The guy at the field hooked it back to the compressor, topped it off, and it sealed. I had to do this every time I wanted to put air in the tank. So I thought it was all good when I left. The next day I took my gear out to clean it after I got in from work and my tank had drained from 4500 - 0.

It's the only tank I have currently and I don't want to buy a new tank or reg. How can I fix it? I don't have a pro shop locally that I can get it worked on either unfortunately.
__________________
"Someone mistook my penis for a gun once. So I shot 'em in the face." - trumpdabeast

Buy my crap
madzozs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:29 AM #28
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by madzozs View Post
I bought my 68/45k LP tank in the summer of 08. Not a single problem with it up until recently. It sat for most of this year due to work and other distractions. I went out to play a few weeks ago and when I went to fill it, it wouldn't seal after I removed the hose from the nipple. The guy at the field hooked it back to the compressor, topped it off, and it sealed. I had to do this every time I wanted to put air in the tank. So I thought it was all good when I left. The next day I took my gear out to clean it after I got in from work and my tank had drained from 4500 - 0.

It's the only tank I have currently and I don't want to buy a new tank or reg. How can I fix it? I don't have a pro shop locally that I can get it worked on either unfortunately.
So leaking from the fill nipple itself then? Simple fix, remove the fill nipple and at the back of the fill nipple there is a hollow lock nut holding the pop-it in place. Using a 1/8 allen key remove it and pull the pop-it out, once out inspect the oring make sure dirt didn't get in there and knick it or anything, the apply a small amount of dow 55 place it back it, reinstall the lock nut. Once that's done make sure to shake the fill valve to insure the pop-it moves freely and replace the fill valve back on the tank. You'll be all set.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 PM #29
SteelBush
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
I just recent sold a CP 68/45 to a user on pbnation. The tank worked great the weekend before I sent it to him. Now he is saying that the valve pin stays depress when he turns off his ASA (OOPS ASA off a GEO) and the tank leaks. The pin releases once he dryfires or unscrew the tank. I used this tank with my pump asa (duckbill) and a macdev asa with this tank with no problems.
My question is. Is it the tank Reg or is it the user gun?

Here is part of the PM he sent me

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyer
when i unscrewed my asa nob on my eclipse oops the pin on the tank did NOT back out and the tank just leakeeeeed

i thought maybe it was my asa but i tried my ninja tank and it worked fine, i tried 4 other tanks and all were fine but the one you just sent me the pin sticks

in order to degas my geo i have to unscrew the knob until the tank begins to leak and then fire the gun 1-2 times to decompress the asa chamber so the pin will go back out

this tank is not fully functional at all, i do no enjoy dry firing my gun to degas it

the tank pin is defective, i even tried it on another gun to see if my asa was contributing and the other gun had the same result with the tank leaking
SteelBush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 PM #30
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
The question is not with your or him, for some reason the pin's don't always want to work with the opps ASA's (and only them). You or the new user can send it to us and we'll either replace/reinstall new internal's. LMK if these problems reaccure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBush View Post
I just recent sold a CP 68/45 to a user on pbnation. The tank worked great the weekend before I sent it to him. Now he is saying that the valve pin stays depress when he turns off his ASA (OOPS ASA off a GEO) and the tank leaks. The pin releases once he dryfires or unscrew the tank. I used this tank with my pump asa (duckbill) and a macdev asa with this tank with no problems.
My question is. Is it the tank Reg or is it the user gun?

Here is part of the PM he sent me
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:15 AM #31
Moedy
 
 
Moedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Met.NewOrleans,LA
 has been a member for 10 years
hi, I purchased my 48ci tank back when these tanks first came out (2006) and there was a known issue where the tank leaked around the neck. I had a shipping label sent to me and it was fixed. I havnt played in a while and it seems to be leaking in the same area. how do I get another shipping label I no longer have the number
__________________
feedback
Moedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:40 AM #32
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedy View Post
hi, I purchased my 48ci tank back when these tanks first came out (2006) and there was a known issue where the tank leaked around the neck. I had a shipping label sent to me and it was fixed. I havnt played in a while and it seems to be leaking in the same area. how do I get another shipping label I no longer have the number
If you want to PM me your address I can send you the new O-Ring and you can take it to you local shop and they should be able to replace it, or you can ship it to us and we'll replace it and ship it back out same day.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:47 PM #33
Shockinthem*****es77
East Koast Kids
 
Shockinthem*****es77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Palatka, Fl
Shockinthem*****es77 plays in the PSP
Shockinthem*****es77 plays in the APPA D4 division
I have a cp inline reg. that is 0-500 psi. How can I change it to 0-300 psi?
__________________
Shockinthem*****es77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:58 PM #34
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockinthem*****es77 View Post
I have a cp inline reg. that is 0-500 psi. How can I change it to 0-300 psi?
Two way's...

1. Ship it to me and I'll switch it to LP for you free of charge (but you won't get the HP piston back, only cost to you is shipping to me).

2. Buy a LP kit that way you can switch it back and fourth (as I usually don't do sales I believe it's $10-$15 plus shipping, but I could be wrong).
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:12 AM #35
ItsNate
 
 
ItsNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
ItsNate donated to help Peyton Trent
ItsNate is playing at Living Legends III
ItsNate owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ItsNate supports our troops
This thread is the ****! Transformer, you sir, are the MAN and a God among CP fools...

I challenge anyone to find another manufacturer with this kind of customer service and instant DETAILED help straight through PBNation...

Makes me SOOOOO proud I decided to trade and sell every tank I had to finally get my CP Peanut... it would take a miracle to get it away from me!

I give this thread, you (Transformer), and Custom Products
ItsNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:39 AM #36
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNate View Post
This thread is the ****! Transformer, you sir, are the MAN and a God among CP fools...

I challenge anyone to find another manufacturer with this kind of customer service and instant DETAILED help straight through PBNation...

Makes me SOOOOO proud I decided to trade and sell every tank I had to finally get my CP Peanut... it would take a miracle to get it away from me!

I give this thread, you (Transformer), and Custom Products
Thank you sir, I appreciate the kind words.
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:13 PM #37
RAGMAN
 
 
RAGMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Elsmere, Ky
good info
RAGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:00 AM #38
M98custom1212
 
 
M98custom1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer View Post
If you want to PM me you address I'll ship you a new seat carrier to see if that could solve the problem
PMed you


I agree great service and fast responses for quick questions
__________________

OLD FEEDBACK

Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 AM #39
shiftyrides
 
 
shiftyrides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lincoln, NE
shiftyrides is playing at Living Legends III
shiftyrides is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilee View Post
how do u adjust the air tank reg so that it can sit on ur gun differently
Dont give up your CP reg! Ninja tanks makes a set of u shaped shims that you clip around your reg to adjust the finishing position of the fill nipple. A set of 5 is like ten bucks and they work awesome.
shiftyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:23 AM #40
Transformer
 
 
Transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Somewhere, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
PMed you


I agree great service and fast responses for quick questions
PM'd back
Transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM #41
M98custom1212
 
 
M98custom1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Thanks for the Seat carrier!

Worked Perfect thanks
__________________

OLD FEEDBACK

Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 PM #42
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed
 
i ate christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA
i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
Have a quick question: are the lifetime warranty's for the life of the tank or just for the original owner? (as in are the warranty's transferable)
__________________
PRNDL Development Studios
Securis: iOS | Android
Bomb Defuse: iOS | Android | WP7

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump