PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-25-2009, 12:02 PM #1
jackisback689
jack

stripped screw

So I just got a new chaser to mess around with at my field and first it was chopping. A lot. I'm assuming it's due to brittle paint and with new paint and adjusting the velocity that problem will be solved but when I was trying to take out the bolt to clean it, the screw in the back would NOT turn clockwise and I ended up stripping it. Any ideas on how I'm supposed to get the bolt out now?

Also the second 12 gram I inserted ended up shooting C02 everywhere and emptied it all out, not sure if it's a problem yet as that was my last cartridge and haven't tried it again.

Any help is appreciated, thanks and merry christmas!
jackisback689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2009, 02:18 AM #2
denisizzle

I have an eraser and they suck, read your manual on how to take out the bolt you don't need to unscrew anything. As for the leak problem I'm not to sure, hopefully someone else on here can help you with that.
denisizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:19 AM #3
robertseakykr

You don't need to take the screw out, just turn the clip that's behind the screw. The paint that came with my gun was uber brittle...it'll work much better with some fresh stuff.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:10 AM #4
extrabonez
...---...

to get the bolt out you can use a little screwdriver or just about anything, but in your parts bag it comes with, there is a little "U" shaped piece of metal. cock the gun, put the shorter side into the center of that screw, then the longer one into the hole that should be facing left, then just turn the piece till the hole is vertical, and rock the gun back and viola. your bolt will come out. to put it back in, just repeat. but a tip, when you do have the bolt out, dont uncock the marker, its not horrible if you do, but it just makes it tougher to lock the bolt back in.
extrabonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:57 AM #5
PnoyRx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisizzle View Post
I have an eraser and they suck, read your manual on how to take out the bolt you don't need to unscrew anything.
Wrong, maybe you just cant shoot/take care of your pistol? . mine has worked for me every game without any problems and very few chops ( 3-5 per Co2 cartridge ).
PnoyRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:59 PM #6
John S.

The paintball shell formula with all KT psitols are for summer use because the shell is carefully controlled to make sure they break on targets even with a lighter paintball. What you need to do to reduce the paintball fragility is to empty it out of the bottle and allow it to breath. The paintball shell will absorb some moisture from the air and make it more malleable. Summer is here and if you live in area that experiences high humidity, this process will take less time.

Always store the paintballs in locations that is not cold or too warm.