Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2009, 02:16 PM #22
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
shark6428 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Adding salt to boiling water when cooking pasta doesn't make the water boil measurably hotter.

It seems like most people already knew this, yet it took Physical Chemistry for me to find out.
Most people think you add the salt to get the water to boil faster. I was taught that the salt solution has a higher boiling point, but the advantage is that the higher boiling point does allow you to cook the pasta (or whatever is boiled faster). Regardless, I don't see a significant difference. Instead, you can add a cap full of oil to the water to help keep the noodles from sticking.

In order to keep gasoline engines efficient and reduce pollution, oxygen sensors are used to calculate the amount of gasoline needed to react in the perfect ratio so that none is wasted. Contrary to popular belief, when you push down the gas pedal, you add more air to the engine, not more gas. In order to compensate for the sudden change in air, the computer accounts for the increase of oxygen in advance. Stoichiometry is cool.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2009, 02:53 PM #23
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark6428 View Post
Most people think you add the salt to get the water to boil faster. I was taught that the salt solution has a higher boiling point, but the advantage is that the higher boiling point does allow you to cook the pasta (or whatever is boiled faster). Regardless, I don't see a significant difference. Instead, you can add a cap full of oil to the water to help keep the noodles from sticking.
However, the amount of salt most people add when compared to the amount of water makes it nearly insignificant.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Wenuliveudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:11 PM #24
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
In my law enforcement class we learned how to make meth and a coke seal. I know meth has a ton of bad **** in it, but after watching the video of what actually goes in it, I wonder why in the world would anyone want to put that into their system.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:14 PM #25
guesthere (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorex View Post
In my law enforcement class we learned how to make meth and a coke seal. I know meth has a ton of bad **** in it, but after watching the video of what actually goes in it, I wonder why in the world would anyone want to put that into their system.

Pm me. I needa make some money
guesthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:01 PM #26
vanquish_v12

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatacious View Post
squirrels aren't afraid of people on campus
My campus was like that too.

One of my friends ran over and killed a campus squirrel by accident with his bike. The thing was so friendly it didn't know to get out of the way.

Interesting crap I've learned...
-Only girls can host successful lingerie parties.
-Almost no radiation was actually leaked at Three Mile Island. Most people today still don't realize this because the media over exaggerated it.
-High Life is not that bad, but not as good as PBR.
-Bob Jones University is a horrible, horrible place.
-Our missile-defense systems aren't even remotely close to working even after spending decades and billions of dollars on them.
-Israel still has not officially acknowledged that it possesses nuclear weapons, because we gave them their nukes in violation of the Non-Proliferation Treaty.
-The Bill of Rights originally had 17 amendments, but Congress voted down seven of them.
"Originally posted by Darryl Hadfield: Don't be silly. God doesn't make crap."
vanquish_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 PM #27
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatacious View Post
squirrels aren't afraid of people on campus

I could easily punt one of them
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:53 PM #28
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icdballer27 View Post
why people in Eurasia conquered everything and why Africa probably wont succeed for a very long time. Just dependent on the native crops and animals
This is misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_kenney View Post
I learned that it is the imperialistic nations that caused Africa to turn out the way it is because the people didn't learn how to develop on their own. The colonists built all of this infrastructure and stopped maintaining it or took it when they exhausted the resources and left. They set up boarders which forced rival tribes to try and coexist, and now we have genocide.
This is largely false. The development point has some merit, however it might be more accurate to say they were narrowly (under)developed, given an insufficient governing tradition, as well as posses a number of relationship issues with the rest of the world. And for your benefit, you would be far better off never using the term 'tribe' in the context of Africa [http://www.africaaction.org/bp/ethall.htm].

But anywho: I learned Chomsky has a very negative view on professional sports.

Last edited by JcKa : 12-24-2009 at 08:56 PM.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:09 PM #29
Danegerous
is dangerous

Danegerous helped look for balloons
Thats as time went on our society became more and more sexually deviant. Eventually all girls will dress and act like lady gaga and the world will be right.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:24 AM #30
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by icdballer27 View Post
why people in Eurasia conquered everything and why Africa probably wont succeed for a very long time. Just dependent on the native crops and animals
Somebody's been reading Guns, Germs, and Steel...

It actually goes beyond that because that's just the apolitical side of ecology/geography. You also have to take into account the political ecology/geography. However, to Diamond's credit, he did do a fairly good job of relating some political entities back to apolitical things.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:25 AM #31
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizzle View Post

I could easily punt one of them

Lols ours are crazy. They aren't afraid to use those claws to get food from you.
texaspaintballplpaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:46 AM #32
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark6428 View Post
In order to keep gasoline engines efficient and reduce pollution, oxygen sensors are used to calculate the amount of gasoline needed to react in the perfect ratio so that none is wasted. Contrary to popular belief, when you push down the gas pedal, you add more air to the engine, not more gas. In order to compensate for the sudden change in air, the computer accounts for the increase of oxygen in advance. Stoichiometry is cool.
That's...pretty basic automotive knowledge. But learning something new (to you) is always a
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:48 AM #33
tay4life v2

longest recorded sniper shot in history

look it up on wiki.. thats crazy stuff
"Originally posted by Tacobueno V2: "And yay God said to Abraham, taketh thy herb and with fire consume it, for it is the dankest of dank. Seriously Abe, you gotta try this ****. I'm baked off my *** right now" - Luke 4:20"

Funniest spelling mistake ever
Originally Posted by !tneserper GAS!
How can someone not notice there paying a power bill in an obandind(sp) warehouse?
tay4life v2 is offline   Reply With Quote