Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-23-2009, 09:03 PM #1
Mitchell-NJ
Mitch!

Lightbulb Optics - New twist on old topic.

Ok, so I rarely have a momment of brilliance... but here goes.

Was thinking about adding a sight (1x maginfication) to my SP-1 and have read all the threads on their sometimes usefulness versus their drawbacks.. Well a few weeks ago I was in Dicks sports and saw a multi-color dot sight for compound bows.. Basicaly a bullet-drop-compensator sight for a standard compound hunting bow with multiple dots arrayed vertically to calibrate to various distances / trajectories.

Well a quick google showed me a few calculations of hunting bow arrow velocities in the 325 and below fps range.. and got me to thinking.. this might be "close enough" for estimating paintball distances for 1-shot eliminations.

Also based on the 20 yard effective distance of most hunting compound bows this would match our paintball distances also..

Anybody try any archery sights on their markers before?
http://www.nextag.com/TruGlo-TRG-RED...48/prices-html

Walmary example with integrated 7/8" mount
APPA #72207-0763

Last edited by Mitchell-NJ : 12-23-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Another example from Wally World.
Mitchell-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 PM #2
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

wowzerz is attending Decay of Nations VI
Try it out. You could always return it.
wowzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:41 PM #3
CovertAssassin

Might be good for those Paintball bow guns. Maybe even a regular pump.

You could possibly make a custom mounting rang finder. But in all honesty, how often does anyone have the time to properly sight in a potential kill. Most of the time it is snap shooting but if you can get into a really good position and get the advantage on someone that might do it.

But the best thing to do for accuracy and range estimation is make some targets at different distances and use you gun to practice. Remember that a paintball gun is not always perfectly consistent. Your sight may work different on a hot day vs. cold day, especially if you use CO2.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:55 PM #4
Mitchell-NJ
Mitch!

Talking Old school...

I'm just rememberin my Traacer sighted in at 20 yards with a shotgun scope; and how good a headshot at Survival NY felt back-in-the-day.

Bringing that feeling back would be cool.

As opposed to DOX - IV where my target danced in front of me at 25 YDS and I kept spraying.
APPA #72207-0763
Mitchell-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote